main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Going Away party for Timo... *tear*

Discussion in 'German Speaking FanForce' started by Strilo , Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Yes it is still a ways away, but the time is fast coming for me to return to the U.S. I will be staying until mid October so that my parents can come for a visit from Sept 24 - October 8. I was thinking that after the August FF meeting in Berlin, it would be nice to see everyone one last time before I head out. I was thinking maybe a Going Away party sometime in September. Now the big questions are when and where.

When: Sabine mentioned that she is done with some major stuff Sept 12. What about the weekend of Sept 16-17?

Where: This is a big question. I unquestionably want Senny, Flo, Sabine, Michi and Jule to be there. Anyone else is of course also welcome. So then the question becomes, where would be the best place? I would love to have it in Stuttgart so you all can see where I've been living for the past year. Plus I know some of you have never been here. I would think for Michi and Jule it would be decently easy to get here, but the NRW Three... would you drive all the way here? Train tickets? Hell you could fly if the tickets were cheap enough... ;)

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I don't like that topic. :(
    It's sad to think about you're going home, back to the USA again. :(

The weekend 15./16.9. would be good for me and all I hope is that I can either join Flo in his car (can I Flo? :) ) or get a cheap flight or train ticket, if it is in Stuttgart, which I think it should be, because it's the place where you have been for the last year. But I agree that it is more complicated to go to Stuttgart than another city nearby.

But although it is a sad reason, I'm looking forward to see you than again, Timo. [:D]

3. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    I would like to come. And with the car it shouldn't be that big problem. As long as I have free this weekend, I will attend. :)

You forget that Stuttgart has an Airport, Sabine. ;) You visit that one already. ;)
    So it isn't such a big problem.

4. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah it's sad and I really don't wanna think about it, but I kinda have to. Also many of the students Oregon I came here and met in Tübingen are going home in like 2.5 weeks. Wow.

5. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    Sorry, but I just checked my calendar and Sabine and I have a "Polterabend" and wedding one week later we would like to attend at the 16.
    Is ist possible to choose another weekend?

6. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    For me it's totally possible. For Sabine?

7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Damn! I totally forgot about the wedding. [face_blush]
    Sorry... :(

Of course, another weekend is fine as well. :)

8. Ben_Stormrider

Ben_Stormrider Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2006
    *suddenly appears*

Stuttgart is much more beautiful than Berlin!

*disappears*

:D[face_flag]

9. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    I know that is before your main job is over, Sabine, but should we try the weekend of the 9th?

10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I would prefer one weekend earlier (around the 2nd), but if you choose the 9th, then I give my best to come. :)

And I don't think the party should be much earlier, since it should be near your leave, Timo. :)

11. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    oh. IF I go to Turkey this year, it would be 5th or so to twenty-something-th [face_worried] earlier isn't possible, later would be difficult and shorter isn't worth the effort

of course, I haven't booked that yet, so I can still be convinced. Also, half of it would be boring anyway, because school starts for my nephews halfway in, so it's kinda meh already. But they grow up so fast. :( But Timo goes awai :( However, Timo likes me more than they do [face_love]
    Hm.

12. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    So the weekend of Sept 2-3 would be best? I dunno it seems kinda early. Like five weeks before I leave... I would do it like the 14-15 of October but I think Uni for Senny and others will have started up again, right?

13. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    A bit early, that's true. But 14./15.10. could be possible if their unis are like mine and start in mid-Octobre. Then even Senny wouldn't have a problem with his holidays. :D

*crosses fingers*

14. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I think that's the first weekend in the semester. Which wouldn't bother me all that much.

15. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    Should be no problem, I hope. :)

16. ChimealHeltei

ChimealHeltei Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Uni starts at the 5th of October for me, sorry. But I think it won't be a big problem to keep this weekend free somehow. ;)

17. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I know we don't have that much to do with each other, but still, I'm sad you've got to go. I'd love to come to the party, but I'm not sure how I can get there and what my parents will say. Could someone maybe pick me up with the car? [face_praying]

18. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I dunno... I worry about doing it in mid October because that is when I will be getting ready to leave. I think I might be crazy busy by then. What about the 9th and or 10th of September?

19. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    It really depends on whether I start my studies or not. I cannot tell you yet. I will know next month.

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    9th or 10th of September could be difficulty for me, since the last big event is on the following Tuesday (12th). So I don't know if I can come, but I would try to get this weekend off.

Every other weekend would be better for me.

21. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Now I see why planning FF events is such a pain in the ass.

22. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Didn't I say that it is almost too late. :p

Why don't you set just a date? That would be the quickest way. ;)

23. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Because the date I would like to set (15-17th somewhere) is not doable for you guys.

24. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Then take the 9th/10th, if no one else (except me) "complains" about it. ;) :)

Edit: Ok, ok, I've edited it. :p

25. ChimealHeltei

ChimealHeltei Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    I have nothing to complain about that date. Means I have no complaints about that date. ;) :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.