main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Going Away Party Sunday June 19th For Brendon Ewers - Our Vader & So Cal Squad Leader!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Please join us to wish Brendon and his wife Jeanne, and daughter Elaine, a safe trip back to Michigan. Brendon would like to be able to spend one last get together with everyone to say goodbye before he leaves all of his close friends to go back to Michigan for Physician Assistant school.

One addition to this request for everyone who has a costume, to bring your costume. Bring your stormtrooper, jedi, IRG, bikerscout, BH's, tusken's TIE pilots etc...bring them all, (ie- I mean one for you to wear). Brendon would like to get a big group photo of all of us in costume for him to remember when he leaves. Brendon will come as Lord Vader. If you don't have a costume, don't worry, a club shirt will be great! We will take one pic with just costumed members, then another pic with everyone.

At Brendon's request we will be showing vintage cartoons on the big screen in the backyard under the stars once it gets dark.

We will have all these complete series available, please make any requests below also if you have them:

- Batman
    - Fantastic Four
    - Johnny Quest
    - Jetsons
    - Flintstones Seasons 1,2
    - Scooby Doo Seasons 1,2
    - Battle of the Planets (episodes 1-38 of 85)
    - Superfriends Season 1
    - Spiderman and his Amazing friends
    - Thundarr the Barbarian
    - Space Ghost
    - Herculoids
    - Galaxy Trio
    - Aquaman (original series)
    - Mightor
    - The 80's Incredible Hulk series
    - Sealab 2021

The barbecue / pool party / going away party will be held at my home on Sunday, June 19th from 12 noon till whenever, and will be potluck. (We have enough drinks and chips left over from the Anniversary party. LOL) Please post what you can bring. I will provide hamburgers, hotdogs, and some chicken kabobs, please bring whatever other main dishes or side items you would like to bring.

PM me for address, directions, and phone number if you don't have them already.

If you are coming from out of town to attend the going away party, you are NOT expected to bring something for potluck, please just bring yourselves!

2. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Ummmm...I have the '67 Spider-Man series on DVD. Pretty sure Michelle does too. That's way better than the Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends show.

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Bring it then Brian! We can have cartoons running during the daytime hours of the party on the DLP flatscreen inside, then have them on the Big Screen at night.

4. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    I also have Wacky Races, Dastardly and Muttley and their Flying Machines, and episodes 1-36 of Speed Racer. :)

EDIT: Oh, and a few episodes of Underdog. And a bunch of Walt Disney shorts.

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Oooh.. definitely bring Speed Racer for me, oh, and our Supreme Chancellor would be greatful to you as well!

6. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Okay...will do.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/legomania2/Junk/RidePuss.jpg]

7. sithstormtrooper

sithstormtrooper Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    TK1632 WILL BE THERE !!!!!!!!!!!

i have the ewoks cartoons on a double sided disk.
    batman beyond
    justice league

transformers the movie and gijoe the movie but there on vhs(cough cough) dust
    and an old dungeons and dragons from saturday morning cartoons, NO I AM NOT THAT OLD!!!!!

8. benkenobisan

benkenobisan Jedi Master star 1

May 17, 2005
    So what if we have only Vader underoos?

9. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    sithstormtrooper posted on 6/2/05 2:42pm
    TK1632 WILL BE THERE !!!!!!!!!!!

i have the ewoks cartoons on a double sided disk.
    batman beyond
    justice league

transformers the movie and gijoe the movie but there on vhs(cough cough) dust
    and an old dungeons and dragons from saturday morning cartoons, NO I AM NOT THAT OLD!!!!!
    [hr][/blockquote]

They said "vintage." :p

10. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    I can give Brian a ride again (and Donny as well).

11. jess_squared

jess_squared Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Oooh, vintage Johnny Quest..

I will bring veggie burgers and another pasta salad. :) And, of course.. Water.. Hehe.

I *always* have water.. :)

12. swguru2004

swguru2004 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    I should be able to attend, I get sundays off so I can play Paintball, so I guess I will just not go play, I like events that are on Sunday's.....lol

13. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Master Kenobi, Master Ash, and Master Sanar will be staying with me that night after Emmie's Premier. Can I bring them along if they can stay Sunday?

Many of us will be in costume on the 18th for the Premier; we can get good-bye pictures then too (if Brendan is still coming). I had thought we would go to Chili's afterwards; we can raise a toast to his new mission. :)

14. JediNyt

JediNyt Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    We'll see if I can get that day off.

15. sithstormtrooper

sithstormtrooper Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    !?!?!?!?! oh crud i just read the calendar thats fathers day!!!!

16. swguru2004

Nov 17, 2003
    sithstormtrooper posted on 6/2/05 4:21pm
    [hr][/blockquote]

UH OH! [face_cry] [face_thinking]

17. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    We'll be at the party. We'll bring a big ol fruit bowl again. It emptied pretty well at the last party. Are there any juice boxes left from the ann party? I know I asked on the other boards. If not we're going to Costco tonight and I'll pick up some more.
    I'll go see what we've got in the library that anyone might be interested in. I have no idea what's in there anymore!

18. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    sithstormtrooper posted on 6/2/05 4:21pm
    [hr][/blockquote]

I don't have to worry about that anymore. Thanks for reminding me. :(

19. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Didn't know it was fathers day either as I don't have that problem either. We will change the date.

20. swguru2004

Nov 17, 2003
    Why not have it coincide with the Atusim Walk/BBQ Party?

21. Drk_Helmet

Drk_Helmet Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    I know it's not really vintage, but it sure is cool - I have the first 3 seasons of the Spawn series HBO did.

Also the first 3 seasons of Family Guy. :D

I should go just to pick up my sunglasses - I miss them :( hehe

22. Kale_Jade

Kale_Jade Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    i have a couple thundercats and a couple of the silver hawks episodes

23. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Arma_Geda-Mandalore Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Kids. Nyah.

We used to have to make OUR cartoons out of mud, because that's all we had....and we were HAPPY to have THAT. At Xmastime we would put M&Ms in it. Rhubarb M&Ms.

Put me down in the wish-he-still-had-somebody-to-celebrate-Father's-Day-with column.

I don't remember Ewers ever checking with me if it was ok to leave. At any rate, I'd be happy to hoist a cold one at his party.

24. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'll be there hopefully...

Should I make another Sarlacc or bring something else?

25. JediNyt

JediNyt Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    I think making it the same day as the Autism walk would be the most logical. We will already be in the area together and so close to Lindas house, and we'll already be in costume. So why not do that? Then nobody has to make that drive again the next day to Lindas where we were the previous day. I'll bring that multi layer dip I brought last time but I'll bring more since it was gone in a matter of minutes, hehe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.