1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

Saga - OT Beyond the Saga GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY...Chapter # 21

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hopefulwriter, Aug 3, 2017.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet exchange in the first scene. :) Looks like the job is legit and will be easy to carry off without hassles [face_thinking] LOL at the friendly banter about well done versus raw [face_laugh]
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    The sweetness is not dead between Han & Leia yet, despite the routine they have developed as a couple! :D
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 6, 2016
    WarmNyota...thank you for taking your time to read the continuing story of Han and Chewbacca in GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY.
    I wondered how the time was filled between JEDI and THE FORCE AWAKENS...this is just my viewpoint.
    It starts out 'innocent' cause Han hasn't tried legal hauling he will run into trials and tribulations.
    Lynda V.
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Azure....The story is just beginning...Han doesn't realize what he is in for.
    Thank for reading. Lynda V.
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Writer: Hopefulwriter
    Rating: G for everyone
    Characters: Han Solo, Leia Organa Solo, Chewbacca, Ben Solo, original characters
    Time Frame: After RETURN OF THE JEDI and Before THE FORCE AWAKENS
    GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY #7 in the series

The blue/yellow tint of theThira dawn was filtering through the cockpit window of the Millennium Falcon as Han Solo was stomping his feet into his black boots. After shrugging into another shirt, tucking it in his pants and buckling his holster around his hips, he closed the door to his cabin and made his way down the curved corridor hallway passing Chewbacca’s cabin.

“Get a move on, Chewie, got a lot to do this morning.” He said banging on the Wookiee’s door. A half-awake growl answered him.

Han smiled and continued on to the galley where he made kava and began warming the first mea lof the day, satisfied to hear the low, stand-by hum of the electrical systems, like the heartbeat of the Falcon.

Chewbacca shuffled into the galley, grabbed a cup and poured himself some hot kava.

“Don’t know when Kiff and the crew will be here to load that forma-cron, but let’s get
    those cargo hold back gates open after we’re done .” Han said around a bite.
    “Captain Solo.” Kiff called as he walked toward the Falcon.

“Back here.” Han answered, ambling toward the side of the ship, crystal clear gravel crunching under his footsteps.

Kiff made his way to the side of the starship. “Your load of forma-cron will be here
    in about 15 minutes. You’ll be carrying about six hundred thousand bi-nectric weight units.”

“We can handle that.” Han replied, confidently.

“There’s one thing.” Kiff began, “I assume your ship,” he stopped and surveyed the
    Falcon in the light of day, “has hyper drive.”

“It does.” Han answered, a bit touchy.

“Well, you can’t travel in hyper-drive with this cargo.”

Han knit his brow, he was counting on getting the supplies to it’s destination earlier than
    expected and perhaps earn a bonus. “Why not?”

“The molecular structure of the forma-cron will expand at that fast a rate and it will
    compromise its durability.”

“I pressurize the cargo holds.” Han told him. “Will that make a difference?”

Kiff scratched the edge of his jaw with his writing instrument. “I don’t know. All other haulers
    have just traveled at sub-light speed and haven’t had any reports of damage.

“How long does it take to get to Viakinnou? I haven’t checked it out yet.”

“Ten, sometimes twelve solar days at sub-light speed.”

An approaching loud whine and crunch of ground caused Han to turn and see the mammoth
    piece of machinery crawling slowly toward his ship, poles of forma-cron sticking from the sides of the loader.

‘Larger than a Tatooine sand crawler.’ Han thought to himself as he, Chewbacca and Kiff
    moved out of the way so the supply carrier could belly up to the Falcon’s open cargo gates.
    The trio watch the operation as six hundred, twenty-meter long, three meter thick, square
    poles were lifted and placed in the holds. It was a slow process and took most of the morning before all were loaded and the cargo gates were closed and locked.

“I need your signature on this manifest.” Kiff handed the data-board to Han.”’

Han took the stylus and wrote his name, giving the data-board back.

The Loading Officer then produced a metallic plate, handed it to the Corellian and said,
    “There’s a hundred and twenty-five thousand credits there. Don’t spend them all in
    once place.” He joked, then ripped out a paper copy of the manifest and gave that to
    him as well. “Here are the coordinates for Viakinnou and the landing data.

“Thanks for the job.” Han said as he and Chewbacca headed for the starship’s hatchway.

“Notify us to confirm delivery.” Kiff called to him and Han gave a wave of acknowledgement.
    Back inside the Falcon, Han and Chewbacca were at the controls, starting up the engines and readying all systems for lift-off. Han pulled up the coordinates for Viakinnou on the console screen and set course on the navi-puter.

“I goin’ to call Leia before we leave.” He opened the console chrono to check Leia’s time set;
    he didn’t want to wake her and Ben, then connected the com-link.

Chewbacca gave a low woof and continued his part of the start-up.

After a few moments, Han commented. “There’s no answer. Hope nothing is wrong. I’ll
    try again after we’re under way.”

Han never tired of the feeling of freedom he experienced when his ship lifted from a planet’s
    atmosphere and began traveling in space among the stars; it was as vital to him as living and breathing; he was his own master, the director of his life destination.
    Keying Leia’s frequency again, Han was about to disconnect when Leia finally acknowledged the call. “I’m here, Han.”

“Hi sweetheart,” Just the sound of his voice in her ear continued to cause her heart to melt, even after all these years.

“Is everything alright? I tried to contact earlier.”

“I walked Ben to the school rooms today. His instructor called me in for a talk.”

“What’s the matter?”

Han could hear his wife take a hesitant breath. “Ben’s started chasing other children with that play light saber. The instructor confiscated it and Ben threw a royal fit.”

Han couldn’t help but smile at her choice of words. He had to admit his son had some of his
    quick temperament.

“That’s not like him, Han. I don’t mind him ‘playing JedI’, but he’s taking it so seriously.
    I don’t know if I should give the glo-rod back to him here at home.”

“I wouldn’t worry about it, Leia, he’ll grow out of it. Have Luke talk to him.”

“Luke’s been away for the past week, but I’ll ask him when he returns. How about you
    and Chewbacca?”

“We’re doing fine.” Chewbacca heard the exchange and woofed a ‘hello’ to Leia.
    “Chewie says ‘hello‘. We’ve picked up the cargo on Thira and are now headed to Viakinnou.
    Got paid a hundred and twenty-five thousand credits, a good start on our ‘nest-egg’. Unless we have a return cargo somewhere, I’ll come home for a while.”

“I’d like that. I miss you.” Leia told him.

“I miss you, too.” Han replied. “ If I get to come home, I’ll be there in two or three solar weeks.”

“I’ll be looking forward to that.” Leia told him. “Bye, have to go to the offices now.”

Han disengaged the com-link and stared at the console for a few moments. Being a parent
    was work and he hated that Leia had to be alone during challenges, but he also hated
    just standing around, idle, and waiting for something to do. And he didn’t want any planet-side job.
    Flight life was routine as the Falcon made its way to the delivery destination. Seven days into the trip, solar winds were encountered; the temperature rose several degrees in the
    ship and after checking the cargo, Han lowered the temperature to make the area cooler and deepened the pressurization in the holds.

Settling back in his pilots chair, he commented to Chewbacca, “Kiff didn’t say anything
    about a temperature limit on those poles.”

Chewbacca growled and directed Han gaze outside the right cockpit window….
    coming right toward them was a multi-colored wave of bright solar energy…Han had encountered solar winds before, but nothing like what was racing toward them now. A couple of alarms on the console began sounding and Han shouted to Chewbacca,

“Take evasive action!!!!” He grabbed the yoke and attempted a turn when the wave hit, tilting the Falcon to its side. “Increase the right stabilizer thirty degrees!” He yelled to Chewbacca.

The Wookiee grasped the lever in his powerful paw and was sorely tried to move it
    against the strength of the wind. Han fought the controls on his side as additional
    alarms began to ring. Checking the interior temperature, he saw it had risen by
    twelve degrees in a matter of micro-seconds. He could feel the ship being pushed
    farther and farther off course and the glow inside the cockpit was intensifying.

“Damn it, Chewie! pull that stabilizer!”

Chewbacca growled and grabbed the lever with both paws, pulling….pulling…
    then banging one paw on the console in frustration.

Han punched controls and took the Falcon into a deep space dive…racing away
    from the burning winds, sweat beaded his forehead… “Come on……” he muttered
    pushing his ship to the limit. How did one outrace a million mile wide heat wave that
    was right on your tail. Only one way he could think of and, knowing the odds, hit the hyper drive
    …. in an instant the Falcon vanished from the enfolding wave.
    “Well, Chewie…” Han began as he flipped off his console and settled back in his seat, “I don’t find any major damage… all systems are operating normally after I ran the diagnostics.”

They had reverted to sub-light speed and were back on course for Viakinnou. “I’m going back and check the cargo. Just hope we don’t have to pay back those credits .” The Wookiee shook his head and growled in agreement.
    Han flipped on the overhead lights in the holds. They flickered momentarily then shone brightly. The poles were still secured, no shifting and he could detect no melting, cracking or expansion of the material as he checked them. “Looks alright to me.” He said to himself.
    “There it is Chewie, Viakinnou..” Skimming just above bare ground and hills, Han could see
    all kinds of activity. “Over there….” Han pointed to a make-shift landing port.

Once settled on a landing spot, Han checked the air and gravity readings. “Let’s go.”
    Disembarking from the Falcon they could see other frigates and cargo ships being unloaded.

This was a bustling, growing planet settlement. In the distance Han could see plowed fields
    and tree slips being planted. On the other side were grassy plains and roaming over them
    were two and four-footed animals. Further on were the skeletal foundations of homes
    and other buildings.

“Looks like it is going to be a nice place to live.” Han commented as they walked the
    distance to the control tower.

Opening the doors of the building, pilots, workers and droids moved passed Han and Chewbacca as they entered. Stripping off his flight gloves and tucking them into his belt, he nudged

Chewbacca over to a counter. Standing there a few moments, while a blond, human female, her back to them, was searching through a file drawer, Han gave a polite, but impatient cough. The female turned and walked to the counter. She was all female and blatantly appraised Han Solo from the waist up….. giving a cursory nod to the Wookiee

“Hello,” She greeted in Universal, looking the Corellian straight in the eye.

“Captain Han Solo. I’ve just landed with cargo from Thira. I need to know how to go about unloading the building materials.”

“I’m Oslirio Roohi. Secretary here.”

Han gave a nod, but didn’t speak. After an awkward pause she turned to a counter data readout, scrolling several screens. “You said Han Solo?” Han nodded as she looked through the information. “Do you have a landing permit?”

Chewbacca gave a questioning growl…. “You mean for here?” Han asked.

“Yes. You have to have a landing permit.”

“I don’t have one.” Han told her.

“We require a landing permit. I can fill out the form and give you one.”

“That will be fine.” Han answered, leaning against the counter.

“I’ll need the information about your ship.”

Han dug out the credential pack from his jacket and gave it to her.

She filled out the form and turned the paper for Han to sign it. He did and thought that was
    the end of the matter as he re-pocketed his ship’s information.

“That will be two-thousand credits.”

“The landing permit for here is two-thousand credits.” She repeated calmly.

Han grimaced, but produced the plate, which she slid through a small machine. I might as well take off the fine for not having your permit at the time of landing” She smiled up at him.

“How much is that?!”

“Just five-hundred credits.”

Handing it back to the Corellian, she then asked him.

“Are you a member of the Intergalactic Hauling Guild?”

“Never heard of it.” Han replied dryly as Chewbacca impatiently shuffled from one foot to
    the other.

“You have to be a member of that Guild to bring supplies here. This is a system-funded
    government project.”

“I’m an independent hauler.” Han told her.

“You can’t unload the supplies here unless you are a Guild hauler.”

“I not a member of a Guild and I don‘t want to be.” Han told her caustically, this was taking too long. He wanted to get his ship unloaded and be on his way home.

“Then you’ll have to take your cargo back where you came from.”

“I can’t do that!” Han spat. “I’m supposed to deliver it here.”

“But if you’re not a Guild member, you can’t.”

“Hell!” Han spat. “Is there anyone else I can talk to?”

“You can talk to the project manager.” She informed him.

“Well, get him, her or it up here!” Han was fidgeting now.. ‘rules and regulations‘.

The woman left the counter for a moment. Chewbacca grunted impatiently.

When the woman appeared she was followed by a tall, distinguished looking
    three-eyed Maldorin, his wrinkly skin making him looked older than he was.
    “Is there a problem?” He moved to stand behind the counter.

“Now maybe we can get somewhere.” Han said sarcastically, looking at the secretary.

“I’m told I can’t deliver my cargo here unless I’m a Guild member.”

“That‘s right. Government policy.” He repeated to Han.

The Corellian placed hands on his hips and blustered. “I’m hauling in this one time
    load, can’t that policy be waived?”

“I’m afraid not,” The Maldorin said patronizingly. “If we waive it for you, we’d have
    to do that to all the haulers and that isn’t fair to the ones who are members.”

Han looked to the side and gave a deep sigh. “What am I supposed to do, then?”

“Well, we can enroll you here and give you membership credentials. That will help you
    in further hauling jobs.”

Han didn’t see any way out of this but to have them enroll him in the blamed Guild.
    He wasn’t going to carry those poles one millimeter further. “Alright.”

The secretary, who had been listening to the exchange, went back to the filing cabinet, withdrew the enrollment papers and handed them back to the Corellian to fill out.

Han flipped through the papers. “There’s sixteen pages here!”

“We have to be thorough. Not just anyone can be a member of the Guild.” The Maldorin
    told him.

Now going from frustration to anger Han asked. “Can my ship be unloaded while I fill
    these out?”

“No. This all has to be done and you have to have your card… give to the workers at the loading docks, they won’t unload your ship until they have your membership number.” The man was on the receiving end of one of Solo’s murderous looks. “For insurance purposes, you know.” He said quickly. “There’s a table over there,” He pointed toward the corner, anxious for the pilot and his partner to move away from the counter.

Han angrily grabbed the pen the secretary was holding toward him. “Come on, Chewie.”

Seated at the table, Han quickly read through the forms and filled out as much as he wanted to, hoping it would be enough. Precious time was being wasted.
    “Here!” Han shoved the papers over the counter. The Maldorin had left and the secretary was seated at a desk. She rose and looked through the papers. “I’ll enter these into the computer.”

“Do I get the card now?” Han asked impatiently as Chewbacca wandered around the room.

“No, the card is issued through the computer when all the information is verified.”

Han slapped the counter. “And how the hell longer will that take!! I need my ship to be unloaded.” He waved his arm in the direction of the docking bay.

“There is just one more hauler in front of you…just as soon as her information is verified, I
    can program yours. Han grimaced; he was thinking words he wouldn’t dare speak out loud.

“There’s a cantina just around the corner. The pilots, haulers and loaders congregate over there for food and drinks.” She smiled.

“Come on, Chewie…looks like that is the only thing we can do.” They left the office and made their way through dirt, mud and gravel to the cantina. Others passing them, gave a wave or nod. Entering, Han was surprised; it sure didn’t look like the places he usually frequented; it was light, clean, not hazy with smoke and everyone seated were either eating, enjoying their drinks or just talking. He and Chewbacca took a table and waited. Soon, a server approached them, holding out a menu… “Just bring us two of your meat specials, mine cooked and his raw, he jerked a thumb to Chewbacca, “and a big bottle of any kind of ale and two mugs.”

Summary: Han and Chewbacca deliver their first cargo and find out what 'legal' hauling is all about.
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Argh, the complexities and frustrations of bureaucracy! :p Hmm, love the talk between H/L and very IC that Ben is getting intense about Jedi stuff. :eek: [face_thinking]
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    There is even unnerving bureaucracy with rules, regulations and guild membership in a galaxy far, far away! I fear mankind is never free from it.

Great stuff!
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  8. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    WarmNyota...thank you for taking your time to read GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY # 7,
    Guess there is 'red tape' everywhere! Han still has a lot more to go through.

Appreciate your comments. Lynda V.
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Azure...appreciate you taking your time to read GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY #7.
    I realize our world has a lot of 'rules and regulations' to go by, I can only imagine
    how it would be intergalactically. Ha. Han is still in for more 'legal' stuff.

Thank you for your comments. Lynda V.
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 5

Jul 31, 2014
    Han is the kind of a boat that cannot stay long in a harbour and his seas are always turbulent. This is good in A New Hope, but here, it could lead to a lot of trouble. :(

Other than this, WarmNyota_SweetAyesha pretty much said everything I wanted to say.

I'm just going to leave this here for everybody to ponder.

11. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Rating: G For everyone
    Characters: Han Solo, Chewbacca, original characters
    SUMMARY: Han and Chewbacca have finally unloaded their cargo on Viakinnou

Unloading on Viakinnou.

Han drained his second glass of ale and watched as others came in or left the busy cantina.
    He didn’t like waiting….Reaching for the bottle of ale again, Chewbacca pushed his hand away, shaking his hairy head, growling. Han gave him a nasty look. “I know, I know…I don’t need any more.”

Twirling the glass on it’s bottom, Han cocked his head, listening intently….he sat up from his slouched position, his boots scuffing against the floor. “Hear that, Chewie?” The Wookiee turned his head…then shook ‘no’.

“Someone is speaking old Corellian.” Han scooted out of the booth, Chewbacca following.

He made his way casually around the cantina..and honing in on the speaker, stopped at a
    table furthest from the bar.

At that particular table sat three…a Corellian, a Sazunief , a lizard like being with a humanoid
    face, and a Pleanat, a winged two headed-one male, one female-Orinthian. The seated Corellian
    looked up at the man who had stopped at his table.

“Sorry to interrupt,” Han began, ‘But I heard you speaking old Corellian…I’m Corellian too.

“That right?” The younger, dark haired man clicked off his com-link, stood and thrust out a hand for a shake. “I’m Dom Tolar.” Han grasped the offered hand. “Han Solo.”

“Have a seat.”

The other two entities rose, saying in their language they had other business to attend; nodding to Han and Chewbacca.

Han sat down, Chewbacca standing behind him. “This is my partner, Chewbacca.” He introduced.

“A Wookiee.” Dom smiled, and waved for Chewbacca to sit, then held out a bottle to Han, who
    waved it away. “Haven’t heard old Corellian spoken since my great-grandmother was alive.” Han explained.

“I learned it from my grandmother too. I find it to be a good ‘code language’ when discussing plans and propositions or saying anything you don‘t want anyone to understand.” Dom replied with a raised eyebrow. “You are the first to ever recognize it outside Corellia.” He took a sip from the bottle of ale.

“You one of the haulers?” Han asked.

“Not in the usual way. I come every three months or so and pick up the scrap metal, building material, broken machinery and any other discards. They pay me to haul it away, then I sell it to junk dealers.”

“Ah, you get paid both ways.” Han smiled. Corellians always knew how to make a good deal.

“Best job I ever had…no restrictions, no questions….and no galactic taxes.”

“That too.” Han laughed.

“Just brought in a load of building poles. Waiting to get unloaded. I’ve never seen such
    rules and regulations since the military.”

“So, you’re a government hauler.” Dom surmised.

“No. I left the military years ago, I’m independent.” Han didn’t want to go further into his past until he knew more about this Corellian. “Looking to hook up with another job once my ship is unloaded.”

“This is a booming planet.” Dom looked around the full cantina. “You might check into moving animals or the refugees that are going to be resettled here.”

“Don’t think I want to haul beings. Animals? That might be a thought.” Han rubbed his chin, considering.

“Here…” Dom reached in a shirt pocket and drew out a ragged piece of parchment. “This is the where the livestock is being held until movement to here and other planets.”

Han took the paper… ‘Living Agricultural Procurement.’ Transporters needed.
    His lips moved slightly as he read out the com-link frequency. “Thanks, I just might check this out.”

(You told Leia you’d be going home.) Chewbacca reminded him.

“I told Leia I’d be home…if we didn’t get another haul.” Han answered.

“Leia?” Dom queried.

“My wife.” Han smiled.

“Lucky you.” Dom replied. There was a quiet pause, just the noise of multiple languages,
    the clink of bottles and glasses and the shuffle of feet of those coming and going filled the

Han licked his lips…. “How are things on Corellia? I haven’t been back for quite a while.”

“Some new building are being built there also, the government seems to be stable. Daily life
    going on as usual; I haven’t heard of any outside threats. I get home about once a galactic year.”
    Han shook his head as he listened, glad to learn things seemed good. He didn’t let the thoughts
    linger, not wanting to resurrect more memories…..

They were interrupted by the little purple being Han first met when he’d entered the landing port office. “Captain Solo, the unloaders are ready for your ship. You need to go to the office and get your Guild membership card."

Han and Chewbacca stood. “Been waiting for this.” He told Dom. “Nice to meet you.
    Good flight.”

Dom rose and gave a friendly slap to Han’s shoulder. “You too, buddy. Hope our paths cross again, one day.”

The pair left the cantina and again passed denzins, droids and machinery on their way to the office. Once inside, Han waited at the counter.

“Captain Solo.” The secretary acknowledged him. “Here is your Guild card. The unloaders
    are at your ship now. Just show them this card. I assume after your cargo is unloaded you will be leaving.”

“That’s right.” Han said flatly.

The card was handed to the Corellian and the secretary informed him. “That will be five-thousand credits.”

“What?!?” If this kept on he’d be paying them for hauling in the cargo. Chewbacca groaned.

“That is your Guild membership fee.” She calmly explained.

“I have to pay that every time I make a cargo delivery?”

“No, that is a one time joining fee, but you will have to pay a fee each time you make a haul.”

Han shuffled from one foot to the other in frustration. This ‘legal’ hauling was getting to be a
    pain in the ass.

“There will be an unloading fee, and, since you will be leaving right after, you’ll have to pay a landing pad fee.”

At Han’s murderous look, she quickly explained, “The haulers have to be paid and you took
    up space on the landing pad.. that goes for the use of the pad.

Han jerked out the credit plate and handed it to the secretary who subtracted the Guild membership fee, the dockworkers pay and the landing pad fee then handed the it back to the obviously
    angry Corellian.

Looking at the plate when she returned it, Han saw that his ‘pay’ was diminishing.

The pair left the office and headed back to where the Falcon rested. Han could see the huge
    crane-crawler nearby. The dockworkers waved as Han and Chewbacca approached.

“Your buddy looks like he could do the unloading by himself.” A worker chuckled nodding at
    the big Wookiee.”

“He’s my bodyguard.” Han deadpanned. Chewbacca growled and shook his bow caster.

The worker blanched and took a few steps back. “If you’ll give me your Guild card to verify, we’ll start unloading those poles.”

Han gave him the card. “The quicker the better.” Then he and Chewbacca moved to unlock the aft cargo holds, hoping the poles didn’t show any damage or distress from the solar wave they’d encountered.

The crawler-crane could lift three poles at a time, moving and placing them on a flat-hauler, but it still took several hours for the job to be completed. Han watched the whole time…making sure no damage was done to the Falcon.

It was approaching sundown on Viakinnou when the last of the poles were lifted from the cargo hold and the dock foreman asked for Han’s signature on a delivery verification. “Don’t see many
    of these YT-1300s any more.” He commented holding out a stylus.

Han only nodded as he wrote his name.

The foreman glanced up at the cloud- shot sky… “Gonna be dark soon, you both might as well stay and get a fresh start in the morning. Entertainment at the cantina tonight.”

“Nope.” Han said, pulling on his flight gloves. “Going to see about another job.

The dockworker sauntered to the crawler and gave a hand direction for the flat-loader,
    which was powering up to move.

Chewbacca ambled up to Han from behind the ship; finished with securing and locking down the cargo holds.

The Corellian took a deep breath and looked around the area one last time. They’d completed their first legitimate hauling job. Han gave a sardonic smile and commented, looking at his partner, “Come on, Chewie, let’s get outta here before they charge us for something else.”

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “Sorry to interrupt,” Han began, ‘But I heard you speaking old Corellian…I’m Corellian too.

“That right?” The younger, dark haired man clicked off his com-link, stood and thrust out a hand for a shake. “I’m Dom Tolar.” Han grasped the offered hand. “Han Solo.”

“Have a seat.”

Good to hear that the Old language still exists in some places.

I am equally frustrated about that Guild business. Reminds me of the Middle Ages in Europe.
  13. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2013
    Is the Sazunief an original species? The introduction of an old language here that is still being used is definitely something fascinating, especially in its application as a code language--I can see that being highly advantageous!
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice conversation and all those fees :eek: Totally bites into the profits but at least the job is finished.
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Azure. Thank you for taking time to read GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY #8.
    There just has to be 'red tape' everywhere, ha.
    I wanted to show Han's frustration with doing things the 'legal' way in his world now
    to contrast with his smuggling days.
    The thought of using Old Corellian as a code language came from our own
    There's more to come. Lynda V.
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hello Gizkaspice, Thank you for taking your time to read GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY #8.
    Yes, the Sazunief species is a creation of my own.
    I've been writing SW fan fiction since 1982 and have posted all of those stories here.
    Hope you will enjoy them if you choose to read them.
    Have a good day. Lynda V
    AzureAngel2 and gizkaspice like this.
  17. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Warmnyota..thank you for taking your time to read GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY # 8.
    Yes, this job is finished, but Han and Chewbacca will go on to another 'legal' haul before he
    hits the 'last straw." There is more to come.

Lynda V.
  18. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, thank you for taking your time to read GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY # 5.

Han will still have more adventures in the 'legal' hauling business.
    Just wanted to explore time with legitimate business and how
    he wound up going back to smuggling.

Have a good week. Lynda V.
  19. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Rating: G for everyone
    Characters: Han Solo, Leia Organa Solo, Ben Solo, Chewbacca, Original Characters
    Summary: Han and Chewbacca have made their delivery and possibly on to a new job.

“Okay, Chewie, we’re clear.” Han informed his partner as the Falcon lifted and swooped from the twilight shrouded Viakinnou; the planet Han was glad to see the last of. The Corellian set coordinates for deep space, sub-light flight while the Wookiee worked his side of the cockpit console. “Why don’t you fix us something in the galley while I get in touch with Kiff and tell him the delivery has been made. Then I want to call Leia.”

(Are you going to call about the animal transport job?) Chewbacca asked, rising from his
    over-sized flight seat.

“I’ll talk to Leia first, wanna see how things are back home.” Han responded, keying a frequency on the com-link. “Captain Han Solo for Kiff…..” after a few moments static on the com-link confirmed connection….

“Captain Solo, how did things go?”

“The Viakinnou delivery is complete. Everything verified and no report of damage to the building poles.” Han reported, conveniently leaving out the solar storm.

“You made it there in nearly record time…no problems, huh?”

“You didn’t you tell me about all the fees and that I would need a…” Han pulled the
    plated card from his vest… “Intergalactic Hauling Guild” membership card. That took a big chunk of credits from what you paid me.”

Han heard the surprise in Kiff’s voice when he replied, “Thought you already had all that was required to haul in this galaxy.”

Han pursed his lips… “Well, I do now.”

“I like your work, Captain…get in touch with me anytime you’re ready to take another job.”

“Thanks.” Han closed connection. Glancing at the star-studded view outside the
    cockpit window, he absently wended the plated card through his fingers, then
    tapped it on the console before slipping it back into his vest pocket.

(“Food ready in ten minutes!”) Chewbacca called from the galley.

Han heard the summons as he checked the time Leia would be on, then set the frequency to call…static sounding in his ear while waiting for her to answer.

“Han?” The Corellian smiled. Her voice was the sweetest sound in the universe, next to
    the sound of the Falcon’s engines.

“I’m here.” He answered back.

“Got your first job delivered?”

“How does it feel to be back at civilian work?”

He gave a husky laugh through the com-link. “It was an eye-opener.” He admitted.

“You coming home?”

“Have a chance for another job…but I wanted to see how things were going at home first.”

“About like usual. Several planets have applied for admittance to be under the new government. Been doing research on that.”

“How’s Ben doing? Did Luke have a talk with him?”

“Yes, Luke spent some time with him telling him more about the Jedi and their behavior. He’s too young, yet, to understand a lot of the philosophy and the dual aspects of The Force.”

“Is he still playing with that glo-rod?”

“Yes, but I make him keep it at home. I won’t let him take it to school.”

There was a pause in Leia’s conversation. Han knew she wanted to tell him something
    more. He waited patiently.

“Han…..sometimes……when he doesn’t know I’m watching him…..there’s a look
    in his eyes…..and…He’s our son, Han….a part of both of us…but that look makes me uncomfortable. It’s just for a moment and then it passes.”

“Let me talk to him.”

“Ben..” Leia called . Han heard a faint ‘yes’… “Come talk to your father.” He smiled as he heard running footsteps echo… “Dad!”

“Hi son.”

“Where are you?”

“Out among the stars.”

“You on the way home? Have you got something for me?”

“I’ll be home soon and you’ll be surprised at what I have for you. You spending some time with Uncle Luke?”

“Yes, he’s telling me about being a Jedi. Some of the stuff I don’t understand.”

“Well, don’t worry about it…just enjoy being a little boy…play with your friends
    do good in school and obey your mother.”

“I’m not so little! Can I go out with you again sometime?”

“Sure…the next local job I have you’ll be my first-mate.”

“What about Chewie?”

“You know he’s the co-pilot. Let me talk to your mother again.”

“I’ll come on home.” Han told her.

“You know I want you to be here. Our bed is not warm when you are gone.
    But, it will be like always, I’ll be quite busy and won’t get to spend much time with you.”

“How about I check on this other job and let you know, then we can plan a few days
    away…alone…just the two of us. It will do you good to take a break and it will do me
    good to….”

Leia interrupted, “Yes, I know what you think would do you good.” Han could heard
    the smile in her words. “That will be fine.”

“And don’t worry about Ben. He’s been through a lot for his age. The way we moved…
    you busy with your duties.. He’ll be fine. I’ll take him on a short run with me when we get back.”

(“Your food is getting cold!”) Chewbacca groused from the galley.

“Bye, sweetheart.” Han breathed into the com-link.

“I like how you say that now, much better than when you first said it.” Leia blew
    a kiss into the com-link.

Han closed the link, biting his lower lip in momentary concern….Ben….
    Then set the automatic pilot and headed for the galley.

(“About time you got here.”) Chewbacca poured hot kava into Han’s cup.

(“All alright back home?”).

“Leia’s a little worried about Ben.” Han said through a mouthful.
    “He’s acting up a little at school and home.”

(“He’s just going through a phase. He’ll come through it soon. Just be glad he
    isn’t a Wookiee.”). At Han’s puzzled look, Chewbacca explained. (“As long as my species lives, I remember Lumpy’s ’phase’ lasting forty years.”).

(You take first rest.”) Chewbacca urged Han.

“You sure? You’ve been awake just as long as I have.”

(“I’ll be fine.” You can make a better decision about taking that animal transport
    job when you’re well rested.”).

Han rose from his pilot’s seat. “Thanks, pal.” Then stood for a moment looking
    at the Wookiee. Chewbacca glanced up… “I was just thinking.” Han mused. “ If Lumpy’s phase lasted forty years, it’s a wonder you haven't pulled out all your fur!”. 

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very nice conversation & full of warmth and banter and understandable concern. Hope H/L will have that time together. :) ;)
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, Thank you for taking your time to read GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY #9.
    Appreciate your comments.
    Han and Leia will have some time alone...
    Lynda V.
  22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Your writing shows the deep familiarity between Han and Chewie. They are more than friends, they are indeed family.
  23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Enjoyed myself reading about Han and Chewie as usual!
  24. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Azure, thank you for taking your time to read GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY #5. I do enjoy writing about Han and Chewie, best friends.
    A little hint: Han and Leia do get to have their get away a very beautiful place....

Have a good week. Lynda V.
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Azure, thank you for taking your time to read GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY #9.
    There are more adventures coming and Han and Leia do get to spend that time alone.
    Lynda V.
    AzureAngel2 likes this.