main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Beyond the Saga GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY...Chapter # 21

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hopefulwriter, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY # 18

The Later Adventures of Han Solo

Han Solo buckled the blaster belt and pushed down to secure it around his hips, then sat down under the white-leaved tree. Scooting back, he leaned against the trunk; drawing up his right leg. Snatching a twig from the tree, he put it between his lips and began nonchalantly chewing the stem as he watched Leia replait her hair.

Leia finished and wound the rope around her head, tucking the tip under to hold it in place.

She scooted up to Han’s left side; snuggled under his shoulder and laid her arm across his waist.

Han circled her with his arm. No words were spoken, none were needed, they were joined completely in body, soul and spirit.

“You have a name for this place?” Leia broke the silence.

“No.”

Leia wiggled around, “Let’s think up a name. How about ‘Han’s Hideout’?”

Han laughed. “Organa’s Outpost.”

“Oh, no….’Smugglers Steal-away.”

“Leia’s Love nest.”

Leia chewed on a fingernail. “How about Solo’s Solace?”

Han nodded. “You can call it anything you want. I know the coordinates.” Han sat up. “You hungry?”

“A little.” Leia admitted.

Han took her hand. “Come with me.” They stood and followed the pebbled path a little farther around the lake. Han stopped at a tree that was loaded down and leaning with large, oblong, brown pods. He pulled at one…nothing happened…then tugged a little stronger.

“Why don’t you shoot it.” Leia teased. “That seems to be your method for most anything.”

This time, Han gave her a ‘look’ of his own.

With one last tug, the pod broke free, causing Han to almost lose his balance. He placed the half- meter sized pod tip end on the ground and placed the blade of his knife on a soft spot on the other end. Hitting the knife handle with a swift slap, the pod’s casing split and fell away in four equal parts; exposing the light brown food inside. Han cut several pieces for them, then snapped the knife shut and slid it back into his pocket. They settled themselves on the soft moss.

“What is this?” Leia questioned.

“Don’t know if it has a name, but it is good.” Han said around a mouthful.

Leia took a bite of the soft square she was holding. “It tastes nutty and a little salty.”

They ate from the pod, and when finished, Han wiped his hands down his pants leg.

Leia shook her head….she’d seen Ben do just the same thing at snack time.

“How did you know this was edible and not poisonous?” She asked.

Han smiled that cocky, self-confident smile that both delighted and infuriated her. “When I first found this place…I ate flight rations…I began to cut open the things I came across. There are small insects around here, so I’d watch and when the little bugs ate the food…if they didn’t die…it was alright.”

Leia nodded in amazement. “You are very resourceful.”

“You’ll find out just how resourceful I am later on.” Han teased, wiggling an eyebrow.

“We’ll get a drink back here.”

A few feet behind the tree was a blue-moss covered rock formation; water running in a stream over the top rock, down about eight feet to the ground. They walked through the dense moss to the small stream. Han cupped his hands, caught the cold water and held it up for Leia to drink.

Wiping her chin, while Han was filling his hands again, Leia shook her head. “Here.” She said, and cupped her hands under the water, then lifted them to her husband. Han drank from her hands, giving her a smile.

“It’s gonna be dark in a little while.” Han said gazing up at the sky, ” I’d better get our things from the ship.”

“Get our things? I thought we were sleeping on the Falcon.”

“Not tonight, sweetheart,” Han told her. “We spend a lot of time flying among the stars, tonight,

we are gonna sleep under ‘em.”

Arm in arm they walked back to the heating stones. “You stay here. I’ll be right back.” Han told her. As he disappeared into the undergrowth, Leia sat down on the rock. Sunlight was

fading and she hoped Han made it back before full dark. She began wondering how things were going back home with Luke and Ben. She shook her head…things were fine…Luke could take care of everything. Her thoughts drifted to the afternoon with Han, how relaxed they had both become…Just enjoying being together…expressing their love for one another.

So deep in her thoughts, she jumped when she heard a tree branch break. “Han!?”

“It’s me.” He croaked, coming into view, Leia had to laugh. He was laden down with their

duffle bags and what looked like a dozen blankets. She ran to help.

“Did you contact Luke while you were on the ship?” Leia asked.

“No. And I told Luke not to com-link us. Don’t want any communication signals to come from or to this area. It will give away the position and let anyone know this is habitual.” Han explained.

Leia nodded in understanding.

“Let’s take these down to that tall rock formation by the lake.” Han said as he handed over

several items to her. They made their way through the sandy area to the formation.

Han shrugged off the duffle bags and took the blankets from Leia. In the twilight, Leia went to the formation, wondering about making their sleeping area around it.

“Han!” She exclaimed. “It’s hollow. The rock is hollow.” She looked inside…it was like a small room.

Han brought over two blankets and they made a bed on the soft sand inside the shell of the rock. “This is cozy.” Leia said.

The slowly creeping darkness had finally spread over the area. The light from the small moon far away was just enough to keep them from fumbling around in the dark, so Han built a small fire on the ground in front of the rock’s opening.

“This will give us a little warmth and light.” Han told her as he sat down, pulling her with him,

Leia had changed into her gown and Han had shucked down to his fitted, dark blue undershorts. Propped up against the shell rock, Han bent both knees. Leia scooted between them, laying her head on his chest. Han rubbed the side of her face with his chin, the light stubble scraping her skin.

The rhythmic rolling of the waves from the lake to the shore was the only sound in the absolute silence.

“You ever think about us having another child?” Han asked, pulling a tendril of Leia’s hair between two fingers.

She pondered for a moment, then answered. “It would be nice to have a little girl. A sister for Ben.”

She felt Han’s chest rise in a short laugh. “She’d sure have your bantha-headed stubbornness and sharp-tongue.”

Leia twisted around… “Or she could have your patience and fool-hearty bravery.” she shot back at him sarcastically.. both burst into laughter.

“Oh, Han.” This is so nice…and so romantic” She nuzzled his neck.

Han nodded, proud of himself… “So, what are you gonna do to make it more romantic?”

Leia lifted her eyes to the sky in fake thought, a finger to her temple. “Well, I am wearing this nightgown.” The silver-like material of the gown reflected the light from the fire and was

nearly as bright as the twinkle of happiness in Leia’s eyes.

Some time later, inside the rock‘s shell , both were nestled under the warm blanket. Leia was

nearly asleep when Han gently jostled her. “Hummm?”

“Look…out there…over the flowers in the distance.” Han whispered.

Leia leaned up and gasped in wonder……hundreds, no thousands of flying insects were darting over the flowers and greenery, their colorful underbellies of red, pink, blue, green, yellow, orange, purple and white glowing in the dark.

Leia looked up at her husband…. “Those are the same colors I see in the stars in my head whenever I kiss you.” She told him as she tussled his shaggy brown hair.

MORE TO COME….. Dec. 15th…..

Writer: Hopefulwriter
    Rating: G for everyone
    Characters: Han Solo, Leia Organa Solo, Ben Solo, Luke Skywalker
    Time frame: Between RETURN OF THE JEDI and THE FORCE AWAKENS.
    Summary: Han and Leia have finally made it to their getaway

GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY #17

HAN AND LEIA’S PRIVATE PARADISE 

Walking slowly down the Falcon’s hatchway ramp, Leia was more convinced, by what she saw, that her husband had picked a bad place for their private time away. Outside, there was an even more dense tangle of roots, brush, tall grasses and prickly, climbing vines.

“Han Solo, you’re going to pay for this!” She exclaimed pulling a stray vine from her hair.

Han walked before her, with a ‘czhat that had swallowed the glouse’ grin holding aside branches and vine clumps so she could pass.

“Oh!… Oh….” Leia jumped on one foot trying to untangle her leg from a grasping vine. Han reached down and ripped it away. She gave him the ‘look’ again. He took a deep breath; he had gotten used to that ‘look’.

With the last swipe of the overgrowth, Han opened a view that took away Leia’s breath.

Staring, open mouthed, Leia panned the view before her from left to right: gentle, mossy
    slopes. Trees, with tiny white leaves, swaying gently; blue, aqua and rust colored moss
    growing under the trees, the musical gurgle of a waterfall in the distance; flowers throughout
    the scene, a large lake, with white cap breakers rolling slowly to the sandy beach; and, finally,
    her view stopping at several, two meter high, slanted, tan colored monoliths to her right. Blue sky and sunshine bathing all in bright light.

She turned to look up at Han. “How did you find this place?” Han smiled.

“This was my hideout when I was…..smuggling.”

She gave him an ‘I don’t believe it stare.’

“All smuggler’s hideouts don’t have to be dark, dirty, ugly places.” He told her.
    “It’s about quarter of a size of a small moon…easily overlooked. I’d come here when
    things were too hot for me, or I wanted to ‘disappear’ for a while. Oxygen saturation and gravity pull in my range. That tangled area is the perfect landing place for the Falcon…won’t even cast a reflection if ships in the area are using search lights. From above, this place looks as cold and desolate as those other rocks and there aren’t any other beings or animals here.” At Leia’s continued astonished look Han just shrugged.

“You never brought Chewbacca here?”

“He doesn’t even know about this place.”

“It’s amazing that the overgrowth hasn’t destroyed the area.” Leia commented.

“When I was here, I walked a perimeter, using my blaster to burn a meter wide break,
    around a large area; no overgrowth will advance past the burned area.” Han explained.

Then, a twinkling light came to Leia’s eyes and a promising smile played around her lips.

“You like it?” Han asked.

“I sure do.” She moved to give him a tight hug and love filled kiss, which Han returned whole heartedly.

Making her way to the smooth, tan monoliths, Leia placed a hand on one. “It’s warm.”

“It’s a heating stone.” Han told her. “Thermal energy from the ground. Here,” He indicated the small, smooth slab in front. “Sit down and lean back.” They both sat on one, close enough so they could hold hands; Leia trailing slender fingers of her other hand in the cool, soft grass beside her.

“This is nice. Oh.oh…I’d like to have one of these at home.” Leia commented, closing her eyes, as the warmth began penetrating through her tension-tight shoulders and work-tired muscles. Han squeezed her fingers and in the quiet of the place, they both drifted into a restoring sleep.
    Leia woke, stretching as she opened her eyes. Han was gone. She sat up quickly and saw him
    at a distance walking toward her, carrying some objects in his arms.

“I brought us something to drink.” He said kneeling and reaching into his pant’s pocket, drawing out a small knife.

“What’s that?” Leia questioned about the twisted, pink, round object he was holding.

With the knife, Han cut off the top and handed it to her. “Hold it up and drink the juice.”

She gave him a skeptical look but turned it up…a light, sweet liquid flowed into her mouth.

“That’s good.” She told him sucking the juice from her fingers. Han had finished his and was wiping his mouth with his shirt sleeve.

“Want more?”

Leia nodded and they drank from several of the gourd-like pods.

“Now, you can eat the rest.” Han told her.
    “Let’s take a walk around the lake.” Leia suggested, a light wind rolling the small waves to the shore..

Arms around each other’s waist, they wandered slowly down the pebble strewn path, savoring each moment….not even needing to talk. Stopping at one of the white leaved trees, Leia reached up and plucked one from a thin branch. “They’re so tiny…delicate…“ she turned it around in her palm, “about the size of my fingernail.” Han tugged her hand and they sat in the shade beneath the tree. In a sudden warm breeze, a swirl of leaves floated down around them, several landing in Leia’s hair. “It’s like snow.”

Han smiled, and began plucking the white specks from her hair, then, silently, with both hands, loosened the plaits, fanning her hair out and drawing it over her shoulders like a cape. “I like your hair this way.” He spoke slowly.

Leia blushed, surprised at her school-girl reaction with her husband. “It’s not very practical for
    fighting a war or conducting government business.”

“No shop talk.” Han whispered as he leaned in for a kiss.

Leia caressed his shoulders as they moved to a laying position on the soft, aqua moss. Arms entwined.

“Han…..Han…”

“What?”

“Do me a favor?”

“Anything.”

“Please take off your blaster, the holster is cutting into my leg.”

With a quick laugh, Han unbuckled the blaster belt and drew it from around his body,
    laying it on the ground behind him.

Leia smiled up at him, mischief in her eyes. Han’s heart skipped a beat; he’d not seen that look in her eyes since all those years ago on Bespin.

“Now,” Han gave a quirky smile, as he lowered himself into his wife’s
    welcoming arms. “What were we doing?”
    MORE TO COME….Dec. 10th.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh this is as scrumptious as I expected! :D What a gorgeous and serene and very private location! :) They are so darling together. Can we just freeze it there? LOL [face_love]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, Thank you for taking your time to read GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY #17.

Appreciate your comments.
    I could freeze the story here...but no one could read what goes on next LOL....
    There is more about their 3-day getaway.

Have a nice weekend. Lynda V.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Why can't all these be in a single thread? I find it super-hard to follow and I want to - I adore your writing! [face_love]

mavjade Briannakin ... 'elp?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hopefulwriter - we have addressed this before. If you mean for your stories to be continuous, you need to post subsequent chapters in the same thread. I can merge existing threads if I am given a list of URLs.

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  6. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    That will be fine. I thought by numbering them, it would be easier to follow.
    I would appreciate them being combined.

I'll what I can to help. What do you mean by URLs.

Lynda V..

7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Okay. The the board search function seems to be working tonight so I dont need anything from you now. But please remember to reply with a new chapter instead of posting a new thread.

8. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Yay, now I can add this to my catch-up list. I was kind of...lost. 8-}

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY # 18

Han Solo buckled the blaster belt and pushed down to secure it around his hips, then sat down under the white-leaved tree. Scooting back, he leaned against the trunk; drawing up his right leg. Snatching a twig from the tree, he put it between his lips and began nonchalantly chewing the stem as he watched Leia replait her hair.

Leia finished and wound the rope around her head, tucking the tip under to hold it in place.
    She scooted up to Han’s left side; snuggled under his shoulder and laid her arm across his waist.
    Han circled her with his arm. No words were spoken, none were needed, they were joined completely in body, soul and spirit.

“You have a name for this place?” Leia broke the silence.

“No.”

Leia wiggled around, “Let’s think up a name. How about ‘Han’s Hideout’?”

Han laughed. “Organa’s Outpost.”

“Oh, no….’Smugglers Steal-away.”

“Leia’s Love nest.”

Leia chewed on a fingernail. “How about Solo’s Solace?”

Han nodded. “You can call it anything you want. I know the coordinates.” Han sat up. “You hungry?”
    “A little.” Leia admitted.

Han took her hand. “Come with me.” They stood and followed the pebbled path a little farther around the lake. Han stopped at a tree that was loaded down and leaning with large, oblong, brown pods. He pulled at one…nothing happened…then tugged a little stronger.

“Why don’t you shoot it.” Leia teased. “That seems to be your method for most anything.”

This time, Han gave her a ‘look’ of his own.

With one last tug, the pod broke free, causing Han to almost lose his balance. He placed the half- meter sized pod tip end on the ground and placed the blade of his knife on a soft spot on the other end. Hitting the knife handle with a swift slap, the pod’s casing split and fell away in four equal parts; exposing the light brown food inside. Han cut several pieces for them, then snapped the knife shut and slid it back into his pocket. They settled themselves on the soft moss.

“What is this?” Leia questioned.

“Don’t know if it has a name, but it is good.” Han said around a mouthful.

Leia took a bite of the soft square she was holding. “It tastes nutty and a little salty.”

They ate from the pod, and when finished, Han wiped his hands down his pants leg.
    Leia shook her head….she’d seen Ben do just the same thing at snack time.

“How did you know this was edible and not poisonous?” She asked.

Han smiled that cocky, self-confident smile that both delighted and infuriated her. “When I first found this place…I ate flight rations…I began to cut open the things I came across. There are small insects around here, so I’d watch and when the little bugs ate the food…if they didn’t die…it was alright.”

Leia nodded in amazement. “You are very resourceful.”

“You’ll find out just how resourceful I am later on.” Han teased, wiggling an eyebrow.

“We’ll get a drink back here.”

A few feet behind the tree was a blue-moss covered rock formation; water running in a stream over the top rock, down about eight feet to the ground. They walked through the dense moss to the small stream. Han cupped his hands, caught the cold water and held it up for Leia to drink.

Wiping her chin, while Han was filling his hands again, Leia shook her head. “Here.” She said, and cupped her hands under the water, then lifted them to her husband. Han drank from her hands, giving her a smile.

“It’s gonna be dark in a little while.” Han said gazing up at the sky, ” I’d better get our things from the ship.”

“Get our things? I thought we were sleeping on the Falcon.”

“Not tonight, sweetheart,” Han told her. “We spend a lot of time flying among the stars, tonight,
    we are gonna sleep under ‘em.”

Arm in arm they walked back to the heating stones. “You stay here. I’ll be right back.” Han told her. As he disappeared into the undergrowth,
    Leia sat down on the rock. Sunlight was fading and she hoped Han made it back before full dark. She began wondering how things were going back home with Luke and Ben. She shook her head…things were fine…Luke could take care of everything. Her thoughts drifted to the afternoon with Han, how relaxed they had both become…Just enjoying being together…expressing their love for one another.

So deep in her thoughts, she jumped when she heard a tree branch break. “Han?'

“It’s me.” He croaked, coming into view, Leia had to laugh. He was laden down with their
    duffle bags and what looked like a dozen blankets. She ran to help.

“Did you contact Luke while you were on the ship?” Leia asked.

“No. And I told Luke not to com-link us. Don’t want any communication signals to come from or to this area. It will give away the position and let anyone know this is habitual.” Han explained.

Leia nodded in understanding.

“Let’s take these down to that tall rock formation by the lake.” Han said as he handed over
    several items to her. They made their way through the sandy area to the formation.
    Han shrugged off the duffle bags and took the blankets from Leia. In the twilight, Leia went to the formation, wondering about making their sleeping area around it.

“Han!” She exclaimed. “It’s hollow. The rock is hollow.” She looked inside…it was like a small room.

Han brought over two blankets and they made a bed on the soft sand inside the shell of the rock. “This is cozy.” Leia said.

The slowly creeping darkness had finally spread over the area. The light from the small moon far away was just enough to keep them from fumbling around in the dark, so Han built a small fire on the ground in front of the rock’s opening.

“This will give us a little warmth and light.” Han told her as he sat down, pulling her with him,

Leia had changed into her gown and Han had shucked down to his fitted, dark blue undershorts. Propped up against the shell rock, Han bent both knees. Leia scooted between them, laying her head on his chest. Han rubbed the side of her face with his chin, the light stubble scraping her skin.

The rhythmic rolling of the waves from the lake to the shore was the only sound in the absolute silence.

“You ever think about us having another child?” Han asked, pulling a tendril of Leia’s hair between two fingers.

She pondered for a moment, then answered. “It would be nice to have a little girl. A sister for Ben.”

She felt Han’s chest rise in a short laugh. “She’d sure have your bantha-headed stubbornness and sharp-tongue.”

Leia twisted around… “Or she could have your patience and fool-hearty bravery.” she shot back at him sarcastically.. both burst into laughter.

“Oh, Han.” This is so nice…and so romantic” She nuzzled his neck.

Han nodded, proud of himself… “So, what are you gonna do to make it more romantic?”

Leia lifted her eyes to the sky in fake thought, a finger to her temple. “Well, I am wearing this nightgown.” The silver-like material of the gown reflected the light from the fire and was

nearly as bright as the twinkle of happiness in Leia’s eyes.
    Some time later, inside the rock‘s shell , both were nestled under the warm blanket. Leia was
    nearly asleep when Han gently jostled her. “Hummm?”

“Look…out there…over the flowers in the distance.” Han whispered.

Leia leaned up and gasped in wonder……hundreds, no thousands of flying insects were darting over the flowers and greenery, their colorful underbellies of red, pink, blue, green, yellow, orange, purple and white glowing in the dark.

Leia looked up at her husband…. “Those are the same colors I see in the stars in my head whenever I kiss you.” She told him as she tussled his shaggy brown hair.

MORE TO COME….. Dec. 15th…..

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Loved the teasing & serenity :) And this:

SQUEEEEEEEEE! Thank you for that. ;) [:D]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota,
    Thank you for taking your time to read GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY #18.
    I appreciate your comments and encouragement.

I'm enjoying writing this story. There are many more places to go.

Have a nice weekend. Lynda V.

12. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY #19

“Leia woke with a wonderfully serene, peaceful, calm feeling. She couldn’t remember being this relaxed in years.
    The brightness of the morning sunshine added to her mood. Stretching like a satisfied czhat, she noticed Han’s clothes and blaster gone.

Sitting up, she grabbed her pants and shirt and quickly dressed. Exiting the shell-rock that had been their room for the night,
    she inhaled a deep breath of the flower-scented, fresh air, looking around the area.

Last night’s campfire had burned out and the cold ashes were scattering in the slight, warm breeze. She spotted Han in the distance.
    Dragging her fingers through her hair, she began twining it against the nape of her neck, finishing with a knot to hold it in place.

She watched as Han walked closer. She would never tire looking at him. She could see he was carrying something.
    She waited, watching as he walked toward her. Dressed in his tight black pants and white shirt,
    strapped down blaster, black boots, a lock of shaggy brown hair falling over his forehead…. even now,
    he still had that confident, male swagger. She smiled noticing his face, he hadn’t shaved yet and the dark shadow of beard gave him a definitely dangerous look.

“Han Solo. You look positively wicked with that growth of beard.” She teased as he

knelt down and placed the items on the sand.

“Well,” He smiled, rising to face her. “I thought I liked the sound of you calling me a ‘scoundrel’

years ago, but I think I like ‘wicked’ even better.” The low timbre of his voice caused shivers to

race down Leia’s spine. They embraced and shared a long, tender kiss full of love and meaning.
    Breaking the kiss, Han said. “I brought the morning meal and cold water in the canteen mugs I brought from the ship.”

Leia noticed the dozens of colorful berries on a piece of shell he’d broken yesterday.
    Water beads standing on the skins from where they had been washed.. Sitting down, they ate from the shell.
    “These are unusual.” Leia said. The berries were oblong, star shaped, square and some had holes in their center,
    but all were tasty. Han began to playfully show off for her, throwing berries high in the air and catching them in his mouth.
    Leia giggled when a particularly mushy one hit him square in the eye.

She began to feel uncomfortable…looking around for a private area….”Uh…where…is there

a..”

Han caught on to what she wanted. “This place has everything. Even a lavatory.”

“Where?” She asked.

Han pointed to a dense clump of shrubbery in the distance. “Oh, cute.” Leia said, rising.

“I’ve already been.” He told her, laughing.

When she returned, Han had dug out a small bowl-like area in the sand, filled it with water and was

shaving. “Just brush your teeth and rinse with the rest of the water.” He suggested.

After they’d refreshed themselves, Han grabbed what she thought were a couple of blankets.

They strolled around the moss laden lake path watching the gentle waves roll to the sandy shore. Han stopped at a low place by the water.
    “How about a swim?”

“A swim?” Leia echoed. I didn’t bring a swimsuit.”

“Neither did I.”

“You mean?” Leia smiled.

“Yes… be one with nature.” Han said unbuttoning his shirt.

“Come on.” He urged his wife as he shed his boots, pants and the rest. “We‘re the only ones here.”

Leia laughed as Han backed up and took a running start and belly flopped into the water with a yell. She winced… that had to hurt.

Looking around, she doffed her clothes and, taking a gentler approach, waded into the water,

which was nice and warm.

“Race you to the other side.” Han challenged.

“You’re on!” Leia began swimming, wanting to win.

“Oh…Oh…” Han stopped mid lake, acting like something had hold of him. “Help…help.”

In alarm, Leia swam back to him. “What’s wrong?”

“Just this.” Han placed his hands on top of her head and ducked her under, laughing.

Leia came up sputtering. “Why you….” While Han swam the rest of the way to the opposite

shore…winning the race.

Afterwards, they spent some leisurely time in the warm water, relaxing, talking, just being together.

“I want one of these, too.” Leia said, enjoying the warm water as she leaned back against the sloping bank.

“I’m getting pruny.” Leia told him after a while, raising a foot out of the water, wiggling her toes.

They waded out of the lake, hand in hand. “Here’s a towel.” Han held it out to her.

Unfolding and wrapping it around herself, Leia was swallowed in the material. “This is a towel?”

she commented, watching Han swipe his body with the other one.” “Pretty big isn’t it?”

“That’s Chewie’s” Han told her. “Even Wookiees have to dry off sometimes.”

“Just wrap that towel around you like this.” Han said draping his towel.

Both dry and clad, Leia said, “Let’s go see the flowers. Barefooted, they walked to where they grew in profusion.

“Look at this one,” Leia said to Han, “It’s shaped like a heart.” She lifted the bloom with her

finger…”and this white one looks like a dove.” She moved from flower to flower, amazed at the colors
    and shapes in this seemingly forsaken place. “I think I know what this one is.” She knelt

down. “I remember seeing these when I was a child. They’re called a fainting flower.
    She squeezed the flower just below the bloom. Immediately the whole flower fell to the ground.

“You killed it.” Han accused.

“No, watch.”

Gradually, little by little, the stem of the flower raised it self, unharmed. Leia pinched several of the delicate flowers and watched them rise.

“I want to show you the waterfall.” Han said, tugging her away.

The drone of the falls grew louder the closer they approached. It wasn’t a large waterfall, only

about fifteen meter’s high and flowed down into a pool, with runoff toward the lake and down a hillside.

“Hold out your hand and catch a droplet.” Han urged her.

She dipped her hand near the falling water, catching a one. “It’s shaped like a diamond!”

She exclaimed before it spread out. She caught droplets several times, amazed that it would hold it’s

diamond shape for a few seconds.

“You getting hungry?” Han asked.

“More berries?”

“No..something else.”

“With you and this place I never know what to expect.” She told him, laughing.

Walking past the waterfall, Han stopped and pointed out several, meter high, rough barked

stumps. “That’s the mid-day meal.”

Leia just stared. “You want me to eat stump bark now?”

Han laughed as he sided up to one and pulled some bark from the core. Tearing it into

two segments, he handed one to Leia, who wrinkled her nose.

“You don’t eat the bark.” Han told her. “Turn it over, pull the pulp from the back. That is what you eat.”

Tearing off a piece, she followed Han’s lead as he took a big bite of the orange, spongy food.

“This is good.” She commented and finished her part.

After consuming a few more pieces of the bark food, they wandered back toward the waterfall.

“Ever seen the inside of a waterfall?” Han asked.

“The inside?”

“Come on.” Han tugged her toward the side of the falls. “You may get a little wet.”

Holding on to her husband’s hand and avoiding the downpour as best as she could, she followed

him into the shadowed, cave-like interior behind the falls, walking on the cool, dense growth of soft moss.

Han removed his towel, spread it across the overgrowth and laid down, pulling Leia with him, tugging her towel to cover them both.
    She scooted up against his chest and Han laid his arm across her waist. Leia watched the water as it fell and sprayed into the pool,
    the rhythmic sound like music…saw the many colored flowers just beyond, the sunlight now making shadows of the rocks and trees,
    the white leaves once again falling like snow.

“Oh, Han, this is a beautiful place.” She snuggled her head against his chin. I’m so glad you brought me here."

“I thought you might like it.” He whispered, kissing her temple. “There are a few places like this all around the galaxy.
    We never did have a real honeymoon, guess this will have to do.”

“This more than does.” She smiled up at him. After a few moments, Leia remembered something.

“Hey, how about that second present you said you had for me?”

Han smiled his crooked smile…I still have it and will give it to you tomorrow.”

Leia clasped her arms around her shoulders. “I don’t want to leave. I want to make as many memories I can of this place.”

Han put his other arm under Leia’s head, pulling her closer, drawing her lips to his. “I’m making memories, too.” He whispered against her mouth…

MORE TO COME…. Dec. 29th

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Exquisite! How relaxing and gorgeous the lake and especially the waterfall is. You can feel how relaxed Leia is!!! I'm so happy she and Han have this time together. [face_love]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, Thank you for taking your time to read GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY # 19.
    Han and Leia have one more day of their getaway.
    Appreciate your kinds words.
    Have a nice week. Lynda V.

15. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016

GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY #20

Leia Organa Solo slowly opened her eyes to see the first rays of morning sunlight peeking
    above the distant hills. The lapping of the lake’s gentle waves reminded her where she was…wrapped tightly in the arms of her husband. Another night was spent in the rock shelter; their cove room. She smiled as she listened to her two favorite sounds in the universe; Han’s breathing and heartbeat.

Disentangling herself quietly from his arms she looked around at her sleeping mate. He still
    retained his boyish, lediv-may-care looks. ‘I love you, Han.’ She mouthed as she slipped out
    of her gown, knotted her hair and dressed, then quietly left the shelter. This time, she wanted to surprise him with the morning meal.

Stretching in the warming air, she looked toward the ‘bushes’ and made her way there to
    take care of the necessary.

Washing her hands in the lake, she searched around to find some edible foods. Seeing something that looked like gnoat-stools, she made her way there and picked several from the ground, carrying them in the tail of her shirt. Then, again, spotting something in the distance, she walked to where fist-sized, pointed stemmed, green, fuzzy balls sat on the moss and picked several. Smiling and confident her surprise would please Han.

Back at the shell room, she laid her find on the sand and glanced inside. Han was sitting up, bare-chested and absently scratching his sleep mussed hair.

“You awake, sleepyhead?” Leia teased easing into the room and sitting on the covers.

“I feel so relaxed, I could sleep all day.” He told her. “Catch up on years of missed sleep.”

“What do you mean ‘years of missed sleep’”?

“How quickly you forgot those eighteen standard months we fed, walked, changed, rocked
    and took care of a sick child in the wee hours of the morning. I got up as much as you did.”

Leia gave a short laugh. “You were a good baby’s father.”

Han gave her a crooked smile. “I didn’t know I had it in me.”

“You don’t give yourself enough credit for who you are and what you can do.”

Han stood and pulled on his clothes and strapped on his blaster. The weapon as much
    a part of him as an arm or leg.

“I brought the morning food.” Leia proudly told him.

“YOU? You went and got food? How did you know what to get?”

Leia rose, straightened the covers. “Follow me.”

They walked to where Leia had laid the provisions. Han took one look and started laughing.

“What’s wrong?” Leia asked.

“Did you eat any of this yet?” Han asked.

“No. I wanted you to see what I got before I washed it.”

Han squatted down and picked up what Leia thought was a gnoat-stool. “This is a mud tube.” Han told her. “And this.” He picked up the green ball, “ is a weed.” Leia’s face fell.

“Ah, hon,” Han stood and took her into his arms, resting his chin on top of her head, “You are a great survivalist, but you just don’t know this place.”

“I guess we better go get some more bark.” Her muffled voice told him.
    Munching on a square rind and dangling her feet over the ivy veined wall Leia said. “I
    hate leaving this place tomorrow morning. Oh, I miss Ben, want to be with him, but this
    is so nice…just you and me…free to talk any time, take a walk without being interrupted.”
    She looked up at Han, “and to have time to love each other, not just grab an hour or two
    here and there.”

“That’s the way we can have it when I earn enough to get a private place of our own.”
    Han commented around a mouthfull.

Leia was silent for a moment. “You mean you’re going back to regular cargo hauling?
    Being away from Ben and me?”

“I don’t want to be away from you and Ben, but it’s no different than other men..husbands..fathers leaving for a job, or the women either…like you helping set up
    a working government.

"It IS different, Han. We’re not completely free to live that kind of life yet…not while the
    new government is in its infant stages…danger still possible…”

Han gave a deep sigh. “Let’s not discuss this now. We have time to work it out, make plans
    when we get back home.”

Han jumped down from the rock wall. “Let’s take a walk.” He lifted his arms to catch Leia as she scooted to the edge.
    Walking in a different direction, Han pointed out the yellow-budded ivy arch, the silky, spun web columns and the tree bridge, which crossed another small, running stream.

“Let’s sit under here.” Leia said tugging Han beneath the willowy fronds of a sorrow tree.

Scooting back to lean against the massive tree trunk, Leia mused. “I would have loved this as
    a playhouse when I was a child.

“I can’t imagine you playing house.” Han said with a smile, crooking up one knee, tugging
    at the rim of his boot.

“I didn’t always have to be so responsible… politically motivated. That came as I studied in school and took my place as Princess and Senator.”

“That’s a lot of pressure for one so young.” Han stated, squeezing her hand with his.

“That was my life…what I was brought up to be.”

“I told you what my life was like before I attended the Academy.” Han rubbed his cheek.
    “Wanted to be the best pilot and soldier there. But that ended pretty quickly.
    You know diplomacy, how to negotiate a treaty, to help put governing bodies into place, make it work. I know how to fight the battles and defeat the enemy, run blockades, carry contraband, so people like you can do the government thing.” Han said.

“We had different paths to follow.” Leia mused.

Han leaned toward his wife, placed a finger under her chin and drew her face to his, “We are
    on the same path now.” He kissed her longingly, sweetly. Leia raised her arms to circle Han’s shoulders and together they sank to the sun-warmed, ground moss.
    It was late afternoon when they walked back, hand and hand, toward the snow tree.

“Let’s sit here.” Han pulled her to the leaf covered slope.

“Wonder if something like this would grow where we live if I took a cutting?” Leia wondered aloud, then, ‘No, I want it to be special here, just for us.” Han smiled at her.

“You asked about that second present.” Han teased.

“I don’t think there is one.” She teased back, “it was just a temptation to get me to come here.”

Han reached into his jacket pocket and withdrew a small box. “Back all those solar years ago,
    when Luke and the old man hired me to take them to Alderaan and then rescued you…when we were onboard the Falcon I asked Luke ‘Do you think a Princess and a guy like me…’”

Leia blinked her eyes in surprise…

Han slowly opened the box…. “well, after all this time together… having a son…
    I guess a Princess and a guy like me…” Han let his voice trail as he held the box out for

Leia to see. Nestled in the soft lining were two gold rings. She looked closer and when she recognized what they were, tears sprang into her eyes. “Oh, Han!” She took the
    box from him. “Where did you ever find these?”

“I had them made.” He told her, watching her reaction.

Leia took a ring in each hand. In her left hand she held the ring that had the world crest
    of Alderaan…the ring in her right hand had the world crest of Corellia. She shook her head in wonder. Looking at Han, she felt him remove the ring from her right hand and slide it on
    to the third finger of her left hand. “This takes you into my world.” He whispered to her.

Following his lead, Leia took the larger ring and slid it on to Han’s left hand third finger.
    “This takes you into my world.” Leia whispered back.

“Together, we’ll make a world of our own.” Was the last thing Han said before he
    kissed her.

MORE TO COME… Dec. 29th.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for the exchange of such meaningful rings!! [face_dancing] They really do need to make a "world of their own" because the government will always be building and in crisis. [face_thinking] But they have only one today, only one chance to be a family. @};- [face_thinking]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, Thank you for taking your time to read GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY #20.
    Glad you enjoyed it and appreciate your comments.
    Han and Leia will be going back home in the next story..and other adventures begin.
    Have a wonderful Holiday. Lynda V.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY # 21

Twilight found Han and Leia, their arms around the other’s waist, ambling slowly backto the rock shelter.

Han spoke, intruding into her thoughts; “We’ll come back here again someday.”

“I’m looking forward to that already.” She replied looking up at him and smiling.

“I’ll get some firewood.” Han said after they reached the sandy beach. When he left to scoured the distant brush, Leia sat down and propped up against the rock.
    Crossing her arms over her chest, she gazed up at the sky; the stars beginning to appear. After flying among them for so long, it was nice to sit under them.

It was dark, and the multi-colored insects were beginning to flit over the vegetation when Han returned. He set the firewood, lit it and waited for the flames to catch. The comforting crackle made Leia smile; recalling to memory the victory bonfires on Endor….and the wonderful night she and Han had spent together. Here she could dwell on memories that couldn’t be recalled in the heat of battle or negotiations. She loved the memories she had and continued to make with Han.

He gave a grunt as he plopped down beside Leia.
    “Getting old?” She teased. He gave her that crooked, one-sided smile. “Only for some things.”

They sat quietly, holding hands, listening to the gentle lap of the waves as they raced ashore.

“How about a moonlight swim?” Han nudged her. “We could play in the water.”

“You make that sound wicked.” Leia teased.

“Well,” Han countered, “You said I was wicked so I have to live up to that.”

“I said you looked wicked, not that you were wicked.”

“I can change that… Come on.” Han urged with a laugh, then stood and remove his clothes.

They waded into the still sun-warmed water. Swimming a few laps, they met in the middle of the lake and embraced each other.
    “This is a paradise.” Leia whispered. “Our private paradise.” Han confirmed.
    Later, on the beach, wrapped in the over-sized towels, Leia wriggled her toes into the warm sand.

“Got our evening meal when I went for the firewood.” Han handed her one of the tan, flat, palm-sized pieces.

“This is something different.” Leia commented, taking a bite. "Oh, it has a smoky flavor.”
    Brushing the crumbs away, Leia stretched and gave a yawn.

“Sleepy?”

“Just a little.”

For a few more moments, in front of the fire, they enjoyed watching the colorful insects, the reflection of the moon on the lake and the sway of the tree leaves in the evening breeze.

“Time for bed.” Han nudged his wife.

“Time to make a last memory.” Leia whispered.
    Later, wrapped in the blanket, Leia brushed back a lock of Han’s brown hair as he slept. She marveled at how happy she was, even in the midst of a tentative peace and possible war they would return to tomorrow. Turning to cup against Han’s chest, she watched the wavy reflection of moonlight on the lake; a beam struck the gold ring she was wearing, causing a sparkle.
    ‘Just like my love for Han’ she mused before falling asleep.
    As Leia was gathering the towels, blankets, their worn clothes and drinking cups,Han threw the unused firewood into the distant brush and scuffed sand over the campfire ashes and their footprints on the beach. “Don’t want to leave any indication that this place is habitable.”

“I’m looking forward to some kava and food aboard the Falcon.” Leia told him.

“Hot kava sounds great.” He agreed.

They made their way toward the overgrowth that hid the Falcon.

Hitting the boarding ramp control, the hiss of the hydraulic lifts was the only sound that broke the morning. Once inside, Leia went to stow the towels and blankets and Han headed for the cockpit to start the engines. Start power-up completed, he then walked to the galley and began making the kava.

A crackle came from the cockpit comlink, but Han wouldn’t answer it. No communications until they were away. The low thrum of engines made him smile. The ship was his home, his protection, his lively-hood and friend; ‘if you can call a ship a friend’ He mused to himself.

“Got that kava ready?” Leia asked as she walked into the galley. “It’s working.” Han told her.

In moments they both had filled cups and headed for the cockpit.

“Seated, Han elevated the power to almost lift-off , causing the ship to vibrate. “Checking radar.” He told Leia, seated in the oversized co-pilot’s seat. “Don’t want any passing ships to see or detect us taking off from here.” The scan was clear and with one last big gulp, Han pulled the throttle to slowly back the Falcon out from under it’s camouflage. Making a one hundred and eighty degree turn, the ship headed in the direction behind the orb.

“Aren’t you going the wrong way?” Leia gave a wry look.

Han looked back at her, “We’re going to come out from behind the orb, just like we were just passing by it.” He told her, passing a hand level in front of the cockpit.

“You think you are smooth as silk, don’t you.” Leia threw back, smiling.
    “Just like when you attached the ship to the destroyer then detached to float away with the garbage.”

“I am.” He cockily assured her with a wink.

Swooping from behind their paradise orb they were on their way home.
    The flight back to the planet where they lived was uneventful, Han contacted Luke to tell him the approximate time they would be home…
    Han and Leia both talked to Ben, who was excited to see his parents again.
    MORE TO COME….Jan. 5th 2018

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Beautiful wrap up to a splentabulous interlude. You can feel the serenity and the cherishing of the memory! @};- It is definitely something to tuck away and recall later with hopes of coming back someday and more than once. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, Thank you for taking your time to read GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY #21.
    Appreciate your comments.
    The special time is over...back to 'real' life for Han and Leia and others.
    HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR. Lynda V.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY # 22

Flying slowly into the shadowy docking bays designated for government officials, Han Solo
    deftly maneuvered his ship into a berth and began the shut-down process.

Leia watched her husband perform the actions; second nature for her ‘scoundrel’.

Rising from the co-pilot’s seat to stand beside him, she said. “I don’t think I thanked you for our wonderful trip.” She said as she laid a hand on his shoulder.

Shut-down completed, Han rose and took his wife into his arms. “And just what
    were you doing when we were there?”

“Appreciating you. Loving you.” She answered circling his neck with her arms. “This is my thank you.” She rose on tiptoes for a kiss, in which Han whole-heartedly participated.

“We are in full view of the port.” He reminded her when they broke apart, nodding to the cockpit window.

“I don’t care. Everyone knows I love you.”

With a hit on the hatchway control, they exited the ship. Others in the docking port
    waved welcome as the couple passed. Han adjusted the duffle bag over his shoulder and nodded back.

Outside the port entryway, Han signaled for a hovercraft to take them home.
    Once seated, Leia mused as the familiar city scene passed. “Wonder if Ben has grown some.”

“In just three solar day’s time?”

“Children are growing all the time.”
    Arriving at their apartment complex, Han paid the driver the credits and they made their way
    to their living quarters.

A quick knock brought Luke to the door. “Hey!” He greeted.

Leia gave him a hug as Han closed the door and dumped the bag on the floor. “Good to see you. Where’s Ben?”

“Thanks, pal.” Han gave Luke a playful slap on the shoulder as Leia walked to the center of the
    common room. “I thought Ben would come running.”

“He wants to show you something.” Luke said. Then, turning to Han with a wink, asked,

“Any possibility of adding to the family?”

“Time will tell.” Han smiled, winking back at him.

“What’s that?” Luke asked as he saw Leia’s ring glint in the light.

Leia smiled and raised her hand. “Uh…we eloped.” She teased.

“About time.” Luke teased back.

“Mom! Dad!” Ben rushed into the room and into Leia’s arms. Han drew closer and ruffled his
    son’s brown hair. “Did you bring me something?” Ben asked his dad.

“Not this trip.” Han answered.

“What do you have on?” Leia asked, seeing her son dressed all in white.

“My Jedi tunic. And here’s the loop for my lightsaber.” He pointed out.

Luke noticed Han knit his brow, but said nothing.

“Uncle Luke has been telling me about some Jedi masters; O Big One and Toeda.”

“O Big One?” Leia repeated, glancing at her brother, confused.

“He means Obi Wan and Yoda.” Luke clarified.

Leia smiled.

“Has he been keeping up his school work?” Han asked.

“I’ve done all my homework.” Ben said proudly.

“Let’s sit down.” Leia said with a concerned glance at her unusually quiet husband.

“Han, did Chewbacca contact you?” Luke asked; they watched as Ben turned,
    kicked and performed other Jedi moves.

“I’m not sure, but there was a comlink contact while we were there, but I didn’t answer.” Han told him. “Is there any trouble?”

“No, he just said he needed to talk to you.”

Leia glanced at Han. He was absently scratching the stubble on the right side of his face.

“Thanks very much for staying with Ben. That get-away was just what we needed.” Leia told

Luke. “We’ll return the favor one day when you want us to.”

Luke nodded and began gathering his things to leave.

“Want me to order some food?” Leia asked closing the door behind her brother.

“If you like.” Han answered her.

The reunion with his parents over, Ben ran back to his room to play and Leia ordered a
    meal from service personnel.
    “Is something bothering you, Han? About Chewie?” Leia asked as they walked to their room.

Han placed the duffle bag on the bed and she began putting away their clean clothes and unpack the toiletry bags. Leia enjoyed performing these small domestic chores.

“No. Not about Chewie. I’ll contact him later.”

“Then what is it?”

Han looked at her. “Does Luke have to always play Jedi things with Ben?

Leia closed a drawer and moved to where Han was standing. “Those ‘Jedi things’ aren’t playing.
    It was destined for Ben to be Force sensitive. Our father, Anakin, was Force sensitive just like
    Luke and I are. Luke is just trying to teach Ben some discipline with the Force. I know he’s
    is only six, but in past history, other children started training a little younger than that.”

“I understand.” Han replied. “But, your father became Darth Vader and he was tutored by
    a Jedi Master, Ben Kenobi, but that didn’t stop Anakin from turning to the Dark Side. Luke
    isn’t a Master….how can he protect Ben from the Dark Side?”

“Luke hasn’t turned to the Dark Side and neither have I.” Leia reasoned. “Facing the Dark Side
    is a serious test for a Force sensitive. When Ben is older and faces that test, Luke will have
    given him the wisdom and discipline to resist…to pass that test.”

Han stood with his arms crossed against his chest. “I just don’t want Ben following the path of
    his grandfather. It scares me, Leia, I don’t want to lose Ben. He’s just a little boy. How do you know the Dark Side won’t influence him now?”

“We aren’t going to lose Ben.” Leia assured, taking Han‘s hands into hers. “He has too much of his father in him.
    He’ll probably become a ‘wicked scoundrel’ just like you.”

That brought a smile to Han’s face. “I’ll go contact Chewie.”
    It took some time to talk to Chewbacca as Han had to wait for a village citizen to get
    the Wookiee. Only one place in Chewbacca’s village had a comlink for emergencies.

Back in the common room, Leia and Ben had already started the meal. Leia looked up
    as Han seated himself and reached for a bowl.

“Everything alright?”

“I have to go help him with something. Won’t take long.”

“Can I go, Dad?” Ben asked.

Han thought for a moment, then looked at Leia. “Will it be alright?”

“You said it wouldn’t take long?”

“A solar day or two.”

Leia looked into the anxious and excited face of her son. It would be good for them
    to have some ‘guy time’. “You can go. I’ll inform your teacher and get the class work for you to do when you come home.”

“Y e e a a h h h h!” Ben squealed jumping up.

“Settle down and finish your hasquis. We’ll leave in the morning.” Han told his son.

“I’ll pack your things tonight.” Leia told them.

The meal finished, Ben left the table while Han and Leia lingered over a second cup of kava.

“Well, Princess.” Han said lazily, giving her a sultry look. “Guess we’ll have to say
    good-bye… tonight.”

Leia smiled. “Seems to me your ‘good-byes’ are the same as your ‘welcome homes.’”.

MORE TO COME…. 19th, 2018

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great stuff showing a nice homecoming. Natural that Ben would be excited about learning "Jedi things", as is Han's concerns. All Luke can do is prepare Ben for what he will face. To be untrained would be far more dangerous.
    [face_thinking]
    Glad father and son will have some "guy time." :)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota...thanks for taking your time to read GOING BACK...# 22.
    Han and Ben's 'guy time' will be something else!
    Appreciate your comments. Lynda V.

24. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY # 23

“I’m ready Dad.” Ben Solo yelled as he walked into the sunny common room of the Solo’s
    apartment, dragging a backpack that was nearly big as himself.

“What do you have in that?” His mother asked, lifting it from him and placing it on
    a dining table chair. “It‘s heavy.”

“Some clothes, books, my Ookie bear, my puzzle orb and toys.” Ben replied seriously.

“I don’t think you need all that for a two solar day trip.” Leia told him. “And you’ll wear
    something else besides that Jedi tunic you have on.”

“But, Mom, I need all that stuff and I have to wear my tunic and light saber. I’ll need to help
    Dad if any pirates or mean people kidnap us.”

Leia smiled. “I think your Dad can take care of himself….and you…. and there will be none
    of those problems on your trip.”

Ben sighed and looked around the room. “Where is Dad?”

“He went to see your Uncle Luke.” Leia replied, silently hoping Han didn’t bring up ‘Jedi’
    in their conversation. “Let’s go…” She prompted, after lightening the backpack of a few toys and books. “.
    .get you into some traveling clothes.” She pushed Ben toward his room.

“Time to go.” Han called as he entered their apartment.

Ben came running.. with his mother following carrying the lightened backpack.
    Jumping into his father’s arms, Ben said seriously. “If you get killed, it will be mom’s fault.”

Han smiled, hefting his son on one arm. “Why is that?”

“I can’t wear my Jedi tunic and light saber to protect you.” Leia pursed her lips wondering what
    Han’s reaction would be.

“A good blaster is all you need for protection.” Han said, his smiling demeanor unchanging.

“Give me a kiss good-by.” Leia requested. “Have a nice time and obey everything your father tells you.”

“I will.” Ben promised as he stretched forward in Han’s arms to kiss his mother.

“Do I get a kiss good-by?” Han teased.

“Go ahead, mom…I’ll close my eyes.” Ben squenched up his eyes so tightly his nose wrinkled.

Han and Leia both laughed, then exchanged a warm, sweet, meaningful kiss.

“Are you done yet?” Ben asked, eyes still closed. Leia just shook her head.

“Don’t worry about us.” Han assured her. “We’ll be fine and time alone will let you
    catch up on your work.” Leia nodded as she closed the door behind her two ‘men’.

“Here we are.” Han said to his son as they walked through the bays, approaching the Falcon.

“Is this your ship, Dad?”

Han nodded as he slapped the hatchway open; waiting for the hydraulic ramp to drop.
    “The last time you were aboard, you were just a baby. We came to live here so mom could help set up the new government.”

Han took the backpack from Ben, hiked it over his shoulder and guided his son into the ship.

“Wow! Dad!” Ben exclaimed looking up and down the corridor.

“I feel the same way, son.” Han said, closing the hatchway. “Let’s stow your gear and head to the cockpit.”

“Do you know what all those buttons do?“ Ben asked as Han strapped him into the co-pilot’s seat.

“Sure do.”

“Can I help you fly?

“We’ll see.” Han took his seat and began the start-up sequence. The Falcon’s engines thrummed a low hum and began to vibrate, shaking Ben in his seat. Han gave him a reassuring smile “She’s powerful.” He told him.

Han flipped on the screen and began feeding information into the navi-puter, as the engines
    continued to increase power . Ben watched, fascinated by the lights, indicators, buzzes and dings,
    as his dad pulled levers, turned switches and punched in numbers. The Falcon at full power,
    Han said to his son, “Put your hand on the control.” The boy placed his hand and Han put his over Ben’s. “Ready?” Han asked.

With a big smile, Ben nodded.

Guiding Ben’s hand and slowly pulling back, the ship rose…with a turn of the control, they
    arced and flew out of the bays. With another pull, the ship rose.. higher and higher….faster
    and faster… soon…into the star studded blackness of space.”

“Look at those stars!” Ben exclaimed looking out the viewport, then turned and saw the planet they left.

“Where are we going?”

“To Kashyyyk. Where Chewie lives.” Han responded, still adjusting some readings.

“Chewie?”

“Chewbacca. We worked together. He’s been my partner for years.” Han looked over at his son. “
    You were just a baby when he saw you. You’ll like him. He’s a Wookiee.”

“What’s a Wookiee?”

Han took a deep breath. His son was full of questions. “He’s a species.
    You’ve seen other species from other planets and star systems at home.” Han pointed to his chest in explanation.
    “Just like I’m Corellian and your mother is Alderanni.”

“So what does that make me?” Ben asked.

Han smiled. “You’re half Corellian and half Alderanni… and too inquisitive.
    So… you want to fly the Falcon?

“Sure do!” Ben responded enthusiastically.

Han flipped several switches to shut off the co-pilots’ controls, then switched his own
    side to auto-control. “Go to it.”

Ben’s eyes lit with excitement as he pushed buttons and flipped toggles. Han sat,
    with his own hands in his lap, enjoying watching his son ‘fly’ the ship.

After a while, Han pointed to a colorful spiral nebula just left of the cockpit viewport.

“Wow!” Ben leaned forward to get a better look.

“Let me show you something better than that.” Han said, cancelling the auto pilot and working coordinates for a hyper-jump.
    “Sit back and hold on.” Han pulled the control; the stars elongated and streaked past them.

“Great! Dad!.” Ben crowed, bouncing in his seat.

“So, you think you’d like to be a pilot rather than a Jedi?” Han asked, smiling.

Ben turned and looked at his Dad… then after a moment, asked seriously, “Why can’t I be both?”
    The question hung in the air between father and son.

The approach bell sounded from the cockpit just as Han and Ben were finishing a meal.

“We’re coming up on Kashyyyk.” Han took their disposable plates to the galley while Ben
    ran to the cockpit and jumped into the seat.

Han again secured Ben in the chair, then settling in his own, maneuvered the controls to bring them out of hyperspace;
    the stars streaking past in a wondrous display before the ship regulated down to atmospheric speed.

“Is that where we’re going?” Ben asked, “That green planet?”

“Yeah, that’s Kashyyyk….a jungle planet.” Han said, continuing to adjust controls.

“That’s where Chewie lives?”

Han nodded, taking the Falcon through the atmosphere, arcing while setting the coordinates for the place he landed
    when he took the Wookiee home from their ‘legal’ hauling jobs.

“Look at all the trees!” Ben exclaimed. “I haven’t seen that many trees in my whole life!
    There’s just a few trees in the park mom takes me to.”

“Wookiees live in the trees.” Han told him. “Look down there when we get closer, you’ll
    see huts built in the branches.”

Ben leaned across the control board to get a good look. “I see one!”

Spotting the ground landing area, Han thought he saw Chewbacca waiting near the trees.
    Slowing, He deftly settled the ship; powering down to ‘idle’.

“We going out there?” Ben asked.

“I don’t think we’ll need to.” Han answered hitting the hatchway opening from the console.

He unbuckled Ben’s safety belt; the boy making his way down the corridor to the hatchway,
    then with a yell, quickly ran back, hiding behind Han’s legs.

“Dad! It’s gonna get us! See, I told you I needed my light saber!”

Han laughed as Chewbacca came into view around the curved corridor.

“This is Chewbacca, Ben. No need to be scared. I told you he was a Wookiee.”

Ben peeped out behind his dad’s legs…. “You didn’t tell me he was so big and furry.”

The tall Wookiee bowed down on one knee not far from Ben and gave a soft growl.

“He said ‘hello’.” Han told his son.

Ben came out into full view, looking up at his Dad. “You understood what he said?”

“Sure…we talk to each other. I know what he’s saying and he knows what I’m saying.”

“How did you learn to talk Wookiee?” Ben asked.

“I learned when Chewbacca and his family took care of me once. I’ll tell you the story sometime.” *

“Don’t forget.” Ben prompted.

Still on one knee, Chewbacca asked Ben. (“Tell me some about yourself, Han‘s son.”)

After Han translated, Ben answered. “ I’m six years old. I am going to be a Jedi, I like some of school,
    Dad’s Corellian, Mom’s Alderanni and I’m….. Inquisitive!”

* From my fan fiction story: BY ANOTHER NAME. (posted on this site- Saga)

MORE TO COME…Jan. 26, 2018

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet parting from Leia ;) and wonderful father/son time!!! LOL on the meeting with Chewbacca -- :D :D Ben sure can be both, a pilot and Jedi. Luke certainly is stellar at both. [face_love]

This feels so wonderfully warm and fuzzy. Can it stay this way? @};- [face_batting]

[:D] !!

AzureAngel2 likes this.