main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Going East for 6 mths and other stuff..READ

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TR0773, Mar 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TR0773

TR0773 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2003
    Hey everybody, tis I your mighty 501st member here, on leave from the Defense of the Imperial Shipyards here in Victory Base!
    I have received new orders from the Empire, I am to be deployed to the Imperial Patrol Vessel Glace Bay on the other side of the quadrant effective 1st of April for a period NOT exceeding 6 months. I still plan to monitor events on this side of the galaxy so I will never be to far away!

Now onto the other stuff!
    I recently attended a gaming weekend in Vancouver called Salute and realized I hadn't told any of you about it. Well this is a yearly event over there, hosted by the Bonsor Rec Center next to Metrowtown apparently it is also a club that plays there weekly or biweekly. They play a lot of WWII miniature games but there was a lso Battletech, and 3D star wars bein played as well as roleplaying games and Warhammer, for the gaming fans here it may be of interest to you for next year or if you have some spare time when visiting Van.

Also since you missed out on Salute I miss out on the upcoming Cloud City Gaming Con! hosted by the Vancouver gaming guild, held at the Marpole Curling Club at 8730 Heather St. Tickets are $10.00 @ the following locations: Drexoll Games, The Comicshop, Checkpoint Charlies, Imperial Hobbies, and Pastimes. For more info they have a website: www.vancouvergamingguild.com

That's it for me for now, please if you want to thank me build a Star Wars oufit and join the 501st =)

Randy

2. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    So now the DND is the Empire, is it? ;)

Tell us about your deployment. Which operation? Which ship?

3. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Effective April 1st? Eeek! Now, you're sure that you're not April Fooling? ;) Yes, yes, I know it's a bit early to be doing that, but still.... Well, you shall be missed. You know that! :D Would you have any time, 'twixt now and then, so that those of us who can - even if the number's few - well, so that we can throw together one more meet or gathering? Whether it's sort of a sending-off small celebration or simply just helping you get your one last fix o' the group before you're off....would you be interested in something? Even if it's just going out for coffee - or tea or hot chocolate, in my case ;) - it would at least be *something*! :)

Dawn.

4. TR0773

TR0773 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2003
    Hey sounds like fun. I don't have to work between then and now, so I should have the time !!

5. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    (cue Mr. Burns impression) Ehhh-xcellent.... *steepling fingers* (/impression) Alright, then, well....I *do* think it's a good idea and seems only fair, besides, if they're sending you off into the vast unknown of Back East; actually, I'd been wondering before, considering, erm, recent developments....whether you'd still be doing the same old thing....so I guess this answers *that* question. :)

Now, speaking for myself - I know that my schedule is literally *so* very wide-open....see? *flips through day planner to demonstrate* So, anyone else care to help give Randy one last fix o' the group before he's off? Vills, how 'bout you? ;) I know you were very much looking forward to meeting us....and this would be an ideal opportunity, I should think. :) So, depending on feedback....or not....how long do you want to leave it up in the air? In other words - I figure that with the best of anyone I could set a time and date and evne a place, if I had to. But as I always say, I'm good with pretty much anything, any time....so it's usually more contingent on everyone else's schedules. :) I *am* quite malleable, though, to the notion....although methinks that with April 1st fast-approaching - we've no time to delay! Yikes! :D

Dawn.

6. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Man, Randy, you just hooked up with us! Talk about bad timing, eh? At least it's only for six months...

So can we expect to see you tomorrow night at the RPG character roll-up at Derisa's? Maybe you could create a character who won't show up for another six months, or maybe a temporary NPC that you can pick up when you return. Or, you could just hang with us, we'd like to say so long and good luck and all that. :)

- Rani

7. Vills-Kavic

Vills-Kavic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2003
    Sorry guys... I can't make the roll-up at Derisa's tonight. I just got back from work and got a message from Alakin about it... I have been at work for a long time today. But, that's not saying there's not something else we can do!

Everyone knows how to contact me. :)

- Vills

8. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Hmmm.... *wonders why she's not received any further information, i.e. the specifics, pertaining to this roll-up night*

Dawn.

9. Gesh_Bomil

Gesh_Bomil Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    They made mention of the roll up being delayed a week in the "RPG Discussion" thread and made mention of it a few posts up on this thread.

Good luck out East TR0773! I'm about to return from out West.

Gesh

10. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Oh yes, I daresay that mention of it, that in itself, was certainly made. But the specifics as to where and when, *that* I do not seem to recall hearing or seeing anywhere....and that is the element that, I think, I would find most confounding.

Dawn.

11. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    My understanding is that members that hadn't been to Derisa's new house yet (we've already had a few get-togethers there, including her housewarming, which you were notified about) PMed Derisa and asked her for her address. You also have her phone number. Did you contact Derisa via PM or phone to ask for directions, Dawn?

- Rani

12. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Well, if I had, I would have been there, wouldn't I, and then this would all be a moot point and not even a matter of debate.... Of course, from my vantage point, it did not seem that things had been explicitly stated, in other words, saying right up-front - okay, this is what's happening, this is what we're doing next....and then at least mentioning the exact where and when of it....even so much as to say it's at 7 p.m. at a member's house, for instance, and to then mention whom to contact for more specific info about *that*....such as directions on how to get to the house in question, among other things. In the interests of making sure that everyone knows what is going on, should that explicit statement not be made? And, also, I would suggest....perhaps in a readily-visible place as well, i.e. in a thread unto itself....where people might expect to find it, in other words....instead of in a thread where, of course, no one will ever think to look for it.

Dawn.

13. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Actually, Dawn, that was discussed at our last meeting. The RPG night as a happening, with time and date and location, was an item on the agenda. It has been discussed in the thread devoted to that purpose, but you seemed to misunderstand that it would be an on-line RPG, as you posted a request for a writer for your AOTC thing there.

Please refer to the first post of this thread for the specifics you asked about.

Now to return this thread to its original purpose: Randy: can you make it out for coffee on Sunday or Monday night, so we can wish you a fond farewell?

*Derisa*

14. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    *heaves a tremendous sigh and rolls her eyes in mild exasperation* No, I did *not* "misunderstand" that it was to be an online RPG....I should think it was more than evident that when I made that post in the other thread, I was referring to the online, play-by-E-mail AOTC RPG that *I* am involved in, and that the game very much needs a few new players for....or people to take on even one or two roles, at any rate, to help out. *That* is what I was referring to, so how one then might be led to think that I somehow "misunderstood" the thrust of other RPG discussions, *that* I truly do not know. (of course, I've still had no takers on helping out with this AOTC list RPG, which doesn't exactly fill my heart with joy or confidence....and we could so use a good person to help out there....take some of the load off the rest of us....I really did have high hopes that someone *might* be interested....) :)

And, alright, so the RPG character rollup night was discussed at the last meet at Alzu's....yes, I get that. I *was* there, after all. But somehow I don't see as it would have been so hard to post even a simple reminder, before the event, even earlier that same morning....even just to mention the where-and-when of it once more, you know, as a gentle reminder....because sometimes in the midst of the flurry that is life otherwise, other things may tend to fall by the wayside a little, and so a reminder of upcoming events - as they actually arrive, on the *day*, in other words - is always very much appreciated! Indeed, it's been done before with other stuff we've put on....that I do remember....so how hard would it have been to do that in this particular case? I wonder....

What would have sufficed, I do believe, is something even so simple as to post a *very* quick, very brief message stating, okay, this is where the character rollup's going to be, and *when*....and this is the person to contact for more info, i.e. the specifics on how to get there, or if you might need a ride, and whatnot. That, I think, would have done much. Especially given as how the night had already been cancelled in a prior instance....it is my belief that that throws a great deal off-stride.

Fact of the matter is, from my vantage point....of course everyone should know precisely what's going on so that they're not left out of what's happening, and if that means that a little reminder of upcoming events needs to be posted, say, early on the day it happens....then so be it. There should be no problem with that. But if people *don't* know what's happening, if they feel that they aren't informed, feeling out of the loop in one way or another....then that *is* a problem.

Slight diversion: Randy....check your E-mail, if you haven't done so already, and then get back to me.... :D I know time's running a bit short for you but I'd very much like to hear back on that! Thank you so much. :)

Dawn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.