main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Going Home (post AU TFM) 1yr. after Naboo. Qui/Obi/Ani/Sideous COMPLETE!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by shanobi, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    This entire story was just Fantabulous Shanobi It's so going in my Completed Fan-fic Favorites folder so that I can read it again and again. -Rogue

2. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Oh what a great story, Shanobi.

Tears, angst, torture and that little s--t Anakin.

What more could a dream fic need?

{applause applause}

3. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    Excellent job, Shan :)

To tell the truth, I hate endings, no matter happy or not. But you made it so good! It is an ending yet you left so much for imagination!

Now I see, this really doesn't need a sequel. Perfect! :)

4. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    That was beautiful, shan! You tied up everything so well and even left us some foreboding as to the future.

I love the way everyone pretended to be not watching Obi-Wan until he fell asleep - so realistic and sweet. And I loved Amidala taking the tart from Obi's hand, and the interplay between them. :) Also Obi-Wan's desire to walk to his room under his own power was so true to his character too.

The warm caring between Obi and Qui is so wonderful. I'm glad Qui-Gon has determined to make everything up to Obi and to help him attain the confidence he needs to fulfill his destiny as the Chosen One. And I'm also glad Obi-Wan was so forgiving and able to trust Qui-Gon again, even if he didn't tell him the vision . . . yet.

The foreboding at the end with Anakin and Palpatine was wonderful too. This may be an AU, but the way you handled everything, it all fits so well together and stays so true to character, IMO.

Thank you for telling me about your fics here. This is a jewel I would not want to miss. I caught your interview, BTW. And by all means, post your trailer, girl! :D

5. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Knight_Maxwell Thank you!! That is exactly how I was hoping people would feel about the ending. :)

Cascadia Thanks for the comments on Obi's interaction with the other loved ones in his life. Just wanted to create a loving supportive environment that would be conducive to helping Obi-Wan along his journey to destiny. :D

Now. That said I need to say that the following isn't really a trailor. It's more like dueling plot bunnies. The original bunny I had planned for when GH was done, is just a little too similar with how obi_ew's Destinies Collide starts out. (Great fic - - read it if you haven't) And though, it is only the very beginning that contains any similarities, I decided not to infringe :)

However, I guess I can thank obi_ew for expanding my Xanatos plot bunny box, for i'm very happy with the two that I came up with. Only problem is, they are both begging to written - - and I can only do one.
    So what I've got for you is a sample introductory chapter to both possible fics. I would like my readers to vote on which fic they would like to see persued.

I don't even have a title yet, they are simply Option 1 and Option 2. Please be sure to pick one or the other, and please don't say it doesn't matter. I could honestly go either way, but i'd like to know what you all would like :) Okay, here goes.

Option 1

"It's been a pleasure doing business with you, Mr. Chiyari."

"The pleasure is all mine, I assure you Mr. Asantes." Xanatos said as he shook the plump little mans hand. "My crew has already begun mining the crystal. You will find your account credited with the specified amount. I will expect a sample shipment within a 10 day."

"That shouldn't be a problem, though more workers will be required once we reach the heart of the vein." Asantes said calculatingly.

"Understood." Xanatos looked at the man piercingly. "Hire the necessary workers. You will be reimbursed, of course." Xanatos said sensing the man was worried about his own profits being cut into. "I believe I made myself quire clear . . ."

"Yes, yes, of course." Asantes interrupted. "No slave labor. Though I don't share your view, I will abide by your wishes."

Xanatos studied the man briefly, sensing the truthfulness in his words. "Good. Giani, the site foreman can handle things from here. He can contact me should any complications arise. Now if you'll excuse me Mr. Asante, my transport awaits. Two days on this mudball is more than adequate, I am anxious to return to Telos." Xanatos said with a smile. "No offense of course."

"None taken." Asantes returned the smile. "Sempris may indeed be a mud ball, but thanks to you, it is now a very profitable mud ball."

Xanatos gave the man a conceding nod, knowing that whatever profit was gleamed from this little venture was likely going straight into the mans pocket - - and would benefit him alone rather than the planet itself. Such was the way of things when dealing with a backwater world so far from the reach of the republic. Yet that also meant that republican law held no merit here as well. Sempris was not a part of the republic and therefore was not required to relinquish their crystal to the Jedi by order of the galactic senate. The crystals were crucial to the jedi in the construction of their light sabers, and it appeared supply was running short within the republic.

Still very pleased with his purchase, Xanatos made his way to the door. Before he could exit, Mr. Asantes spoke once again. "If you require transportation to the spaceport, my driver is at your service."

"Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll walk. You know, soak up some of the local flavor." Xanatos said with a sardonic grin before turning and making his exit.

He made his way through the dusty common square, occasionally stopping to check out the wares of one merchant or another. He moved on casually, easily avoiding whatever sales pitch the merchants were trying to sell him. He made his way towards the edge of

6. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Both! Rats! Okay if I have to choose which one first I pick the first one.After all who can resist chained,suffering,slave Obi? Hum? NO Sane Person! PLEASEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the kind words on my fic! :D

7. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    I lubb(my weird word for love) option 1. As Obi_Ew said, who can resist slave Obi? And i want to see his nightmares! And a confrontation with Qui-Gon(assuming certain things have happened)! Can't wait for the next part Shan. We all know it's going to be amazing.

8. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    This is a tough decision...I would like to see both of the stories done.

On one hand with Option #1..it would be interesting to see how Obi-Wan got into his predicament...

On the other hand with Option #2..it is interesting that Xan became a Jedi Knight (master) and is training Obi-Wan at the temple...conflict still between him and
    Qui-Gon...

I guess for this next story, as I am sure beyond doubt they will both be as good if not better than Going Home (which I really enjoyed).

I guess I choose Option #1

9. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    As obi_ew said: After all who can resist chained,suffering,slave Obi? LOL, I have to agree. :D I adore Slave!Obi stories, and I can't wait to see what you do with it! Option #1

10. Knight_Maxwell

Knight_Maxwell Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2002
    Your writing is so good that I already feel immersed in both stories and want to know what happens in each. I actually appreciate that you only want to do one and you take your time to give us readers a truly wonderful experience. I really hate to start reading a story that is never finished or gets rougher as the person feels compelled to post post post. So, even though I hope to see BOTH of these stories completed someday, I will vote for number 1 right now. I mean you left us with poor mind-wiped Obi-Wan attacking Xanatos. We don't know how he got there or where Qui-Gon is... But I really am intrigued by 2 as well. I wonder if it will end with Obi being apprenticed to Qui-Gon or Xanatos. Sigh, such good ideas and so little time. Thanks for spending your time entertaining us.

Final vote for number 1. I will be glad to see either one come across the boards.

11. Knight Obi Wan

Knight Obi Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 1999
    I vote for Option 2...much more intriguing.

12. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    SHANOBI!

How could you ask us a question like that?! I want both!!!

13. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    [picks self off the floor]

I have to choose one?!

[pant, pant]

OK, I admit it, I'm one of them.

Can't get enough of chained, tortured Obi-Wan, in hot pants no less... :p . Option 1.

Option 2 also sounds great, but given my druthers...

14. MysticalMagic

MysticalMagic Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2002
    It seems I am almost alone with this but...

I think Option 2. To be able to see what happens between Xanatos and Qui will be intriguing to say the least. And not to say that your being unoriginal but for option 1...that sort of thing gets done to often (not that I dont like Obi in chains!) but I think 2 is much more original and creative.
    *MM*

15. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Great choices, Shan. Both intriguing, each in its own way. But I think my interest is more piqued by Option 2. While I can drool over Obi-barely-clad-and-in-chains as well as the next person, I've read a lot of similar scenarios. On the other hand, I don't recall seeing anything similar to your second option.

And I'm all for originality - especially when it's as well written as your work has become.

CYN

16. ObiLegolas

ObiLegolas Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    I like both options however, I'm going to have to vote for option 2! Option 2 is more original than option 1 I think. There are many fics out there that already have a slave Obi in 'em, if even just for a scene or two. Option 2 has Xani staying a Jedi and being Obi's Master. I have to say that I haven't seen any fics previous to this little plot bunny of yours like Option 2. I'd really like to see what you could do with it! Yet, I'm not against seeing you write Option 1 after you write Option 2!

:)

17. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Okay Shan idea number two is very original so if you go with that I'll be satisfied.After all it will still have Obi and Xan.My only problem with it I guess is that it will involve alot of Qui! :D

18. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
  19. Jedi_Umm

Jedi_Umm Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002

They both sound original in a way if shanobi writes them because she hasn't writen either before. I have read master zanatos stories before too so I'm not sure why you think one is more original then the other. I like #1 because the angst factor is higher and because there is still the posibility of Qui-Gon being out there. Also the story seems to revolve around Obi-Wan and his angst where as the other seems to revolve around Qui-Gon and Xantos and their angst and I'm definitly an Obi-Wan fan.

20. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    As much as I love the thought of Option 1 I think I will have to cast my vote for 2. It's too intriging to find out how the three will resolve issues. And find out how Obi will get caught in the middle.

Then maybe when that one is done, you can do option 1. ;)

21. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    I see it's evening out a bit :) When I went to bed last nite it was option 1 all the way :) It's funny cuz it's just the opposite at the other site.

One of them was a little easier to write than the other, and kind of pulled me in while I was doing it :) But i'll most likely end up going with the majority. Watch it be too damn close to call and i'll still have to choose :D

Anyways, just a comment about Option 1. It may look like a slave fic, i mean that's obvious that it starts out that way - -but it will not end up being be a slave fic. That's not the focus of the plot.

And about option 2. Though the tension lies between Xan and Qui, Obi gets as much 'screen time' as the others. He is a big part of the fic. If you're familiar with me at all, you'll know that I tend to be Obi-centered :)

I'll tally the votes on monday and let everyone know which fic gets first dibs :)
    Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to vote.

--Shan

22. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Slave Obi. No slave Obi. Slave Obi. No slave Obi. Slave Obi!

Option 1.

~Swede :p

23. cristalvandepol

cristalvandepol Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 30, 2002
    I like both, but Option 2 is my favorite.

24. Mysticshill

Mysticshill Jedi Master star 1

Nov 27, 2001
    I'm thinking option 2. I tend to like that sort of thing and I think it will be very interesting. However, I would also like to see the other story written in the future...when there is more time. But for now I like option 2.

25. amt55

amt55 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    This story was fantastic. You are an excellent writer. I like both options but I think you should go with option #1.
    Maybe after you finish whichever one you do end up writing, you can write the other one as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.