main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Going Home (post AU TFM) 1yr. after Naboo. Qui/Obi/Ani/Sideous COMPLETE!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by shanobi, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Of course, I'll keep reading. This is a really good story. But you know, I can't when there aren't any new posts up. Hint, hint. :D

~Swede :p

2. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Finally able to get around to reading this. It's wonderfully written Shanobi! Please continue.

3. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I had lost this story for awhile,but upon reading your most recent posts,it is turning out to be an excellent story.I mean I love QGJ/OBI stories with no romance and if you can show what a snotty little Brat Anakin really is,it would be most appreciated.PEACE Ewen

4. Jacka_Leval

Jacka_Leval Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2002
  5. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    :eek: :eek:

Ooh! That's not good! Drugged is BAD!!! Poor guy!!!

Don't be too harsh on him shanobi...

Cool post!! More soon please!!!! ;)

6. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Oh, SORRY for missing so much! AH! I don't have as much time as I'd like to read new stuff on all the fics I'm trying to follow... :p Don't worry, if I don't show up for a few posts, I'll eventually come around! :p

Great few posts! :D Oh no, poor Obi! Drugs are baaaaaaad... :p

I'm looking forward to more! :D

7. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Hello :) Sorry its been so long since my last post. I will be posting the next part tomorrow evening.

I wanted to let those of you who are reading know that i edited the end of my last post. Its just a small change towards the end, but it pretty much lets ya know who it is that wants our Obi.

Til tomorrow :D

8. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Thanks for the update. I still love this story. I hope you post again soon.

9. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Yes More! :cool:

I've been such a scatter brain lately I missed this great story.

10. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Oh, what a lovely picture of our Obi!

Nice cliffhanger, too. Your story is developing nicely. Keep it coming! And thanks for the kudos.

CYN

11. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    I knew I should check the forums more.

Well, yeah we have a little brat that is thinking Sithy for sure.

Qui can be blind. *frowns*

Poor Obi....

Well, what is Palpy going to do with Obi? Kill him? *Try* to turn him? Get info on the Sithy brat?

12. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    For those of you who didnt catch my last update, I edited the end of my last post. You may want to check it out before reading on. Hello to the new readers, and to those who have been sticking with me :)
    Things are moving a little slower than i'd like, but i'm still moving in the direction I originally intended. So instead of trying to hurry up and get to the end, i've decided to just enjoy getting there :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Qui-Gon Jinn sat on his transport to Naboo seemingly gazing at the stars streaking by. In truth, this thoughts were turned inward. He could not stop thinking of Obi-Wan.

Images supplied by his own overactive imagination played never ending scenes of his Obi-Wan being tortured, beaten, and even ~No! I wont go there~ he thought ~Don't center on your anxieties!~

Qui-Gon closed his eyes and took a deep calming breath trying to release his fears into the force. It was hard. This wasn't just another mission. This was Obi-Wan, his Obi-Wan....his son. He had to find him.

There had been several missions throughout Obi-Wans apprenticeship where the boy had been hurt. He flashed to a mission on Semper IV 6 years previous. They had been undercover and expressly forbidden by the council to use the force.

Captured and held as spies shortly after their arrival, they had been seperated. Their captors, predicting that Qui-Gon would be too hard to break, had focused their attention on the padawan.

Alone in his cell Qui-Gon had sensed a spike of distress quickly followed by firm resolution through the training bond.

//Obi-Wan?// He could feel the young man trying not to reach for the comfort of the bond.

//Padawan. What's happening?// His mental voice left no doubt that he expected an answer.

//I think our hosts are tired of talking Master// the tone was light, but Qui-Gon could sense the very real fear trembling just beneath.

Qui-Gon did not have time for a response as an intense wave of pain ripped through the bond and sent him to his knees. Just as abruptly it was gone. He reached for Obi-Wan again through the bond, only to come up against a wall.

Obi-Wan had shut the bond down at his end. Qui-Gon was so shocked that he just stood there. Never in the 5 years since he had taken the boy as his apprentice had Obi-Wan ever closed the bond. Ever. Infact, he seemed to draw comfort from it at the strangest times.

Reaching out again he gently pushed against that 'wall'. //Obi-Wan!// No response. He could sense nothing from the boy.

Qui-Gon closed his eyes. Whatever it was that was being done to his padawan had to be bad if Obi-Wan had closed off the bond.

Again he tried to reach his apprentice. Though he could sense nothing from the boy, he knew that Obi-Wan could hear him.

Not knowing what else to do, he began talking. Through the bond, he did his best to comfort, assure and just be there. He talked of successful missions, friends at the temple, anything he could think of. By this time he was doing it as much for himself as for Obi-Wan. Not being able to sense that bright presence in his mind was starting to really affect him.

As time wore on Qui-Gons worry intensified. It had been two hours since Obi-Wan had closed the bond. He knew that if he accessed the Force he could free himself and get to his padawan. However, he would also be putting the entire mission at risk. Another hour of waiting and his decision was made.

As he began to gather the force around him, he heard a resounding //NO!// through the bond. //Please do not let this be for nothing!// Qui-Gons heart twisted in anguish at the pain and exhaustion he heard in that voice.

Qui-Gon acquiesed, albeit reluctantly.

//Master?// Now that the bond had reopened Obi-Wan was clinging to it almost desperately. //Keep talking. Please?//

Qui-Gon stood and started pacing. He was not used to feeling so helpless. The bond had always been a comfort to Obi-Wan. ~How could I have let this happen?~ For twelve years Obi-Wan had been a constan

13. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    I liked the post, very angusty.

As for the story, you are doing a good job. If it is mostly on Qui and Obi, you are doing good. If the bounty hunter or Ani plays a part in the story, I think you should put them in closely after an Obi or Qui post. Just an idea. If anyone else is in it, then I don't know what to say. Go want you think may be best. Either way I will still read it.

14. CYNICAL21

Jul 8, 2001
    You're doing just fine. Beautiful angst, and - it goes without saying - beautiful Obi.

May I offer some advice?

Stop worrying about where it's going - and enjoy the journey. According to everything I know about writing, both from my own perspective and from remarks made by pro authors, a story develops as you go along - and may metamorphose into something totally different from what you intended, along the way. I offer, just as an example, my own story that you seemed to like so much. "Gone to Ashes" was originally intended to have a happy ending - but the plot got in the way.

And, if I may, let me make one more point; write for yourself - not anyone else. It's more enjoyable for you, and it makes for better reading. Critics never made a writer better - only more self-conscious.

You seem to have some really good literary instincts; use them, and let the story work itself out. Take your time, and enjoy the trip.

Keep up the good work.

15. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
  16. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Things are flowing along nicely. I think you're doing a wonderful job of developing this. Please continue!

Obi

17. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001
    Well, I don't know why you're so worried.

This story is great!

I just LOVE Obi-Wan!

Keep up the good work! (Boy, I just sounded like my math teacher!) :D

18. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    You want my honest opinion,its going great.I love knowing at the beginning of the story instead of end of it that QGJ realizes how stupid and hurtful he has been to "my Obi".Only thing is, I need lots more posts that are longer.I can at least ask for more,then get what I can!!!!PEACE Ewen

19. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!! I just had this whole thing typed and it disappeared on me. I was so close to saying screw it! But I decided that someone may be interested in this next post, so here I go again. ~ :mad:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Qui-Gon lowered himself into his seat still reeling from the shock of his discovery. His training bond with Obi-Wan was still intact. He had assumed that Yoda had severed the bond for him when he had Knighted the boy.

The link was tenuous at best and had all but withered away due to lack of use, but it was still there. He couldn't help the small smile that stole its way across his face. He was relieved to find that he hadn't lost Obi-Wan completely. ~Yet~ Immediately the smile disappeared as the reality of his current mission cam rushing back to him.

But along with his discovery he had found a new resolve. Knowing the link needed to be strengthened and nurtured, which he would do as soon as he had time to meditate, he sent a brief message to Obi-Wan. //I will find you, my son// He infused the words with all the love he felt for the boy, hoping that they would reach their destination.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anakin Skywalker closed his data pad. He was too excited to study. He couldn't wait to get to Naboo and see Amidala. It had been a year since he had seen her in person.

He had commed her a few times and they had spoken mostly of the temple and how he was adjusting to his new life as a padawan.

He thought it was curious that she had never mentioned Obi-Wan. ~Probaly because it wasn't worth mentioning. They're just friends~ he thought. Yet, he couldn't quite control the flicker of jealousy that was beginning to burn within him.

He checked his chrono again. They would be coming out of hyperspace soon. His excitement was building. Not only was he going to see Amidala again, but this was his first official mission.

The fact that the mission was to find HIS masters former reject of a padawan only slightly dimmed his excitement. He could care less about Obi-Wan.

However, he did care about how distracted his master has been recently. Qui-Gon had always been openly affectionate with him. Always offering encouragement with a smile, a hand on his shoulder, or a ruffling of his hair. He had caught the surprised glances from council members like Mace Windu and others at such displays, but he could never understand what the deal was. He simply took Qui-Gons actions for granted since they had always been so freely given. He had no way of knowing that such actions were not 'normal' behavior for his master.

Qui-Gon was not ignoring him by any means, but there was a noticeable decrease in the attention he was used to receiving from his master.

It also had not gone unnoticed that the master had erected some heavy duty shielding as of late. This too was somewhat unusual. Though Qui-Gon had always maintained the light shielding that all Jedi do, he had always allowed Anakin access to his mind. Another trait not granted to previous padawans that Anakin took for granted. All he had to do was ask.

However when Anakin had curiously prodded those shields, they had remained firmly in place. If Qui-Gon noticed his confusion at this he gave no indication.

Yes. His master was distracted and he didn't like it one little bit. It also confused him somewhat. He knew that Obi-Wan had been Qui-Gons padawan before him. He also remembered that what little time he had spent in company with the two as master and padawan that they seemed to be at odds. ~Oh yes, I'm dangerous~ he thought mockingly with a roll of his eyes.

His thoughts turned to the Queen again. He knew he was too young now, but he also knew that one day....someday, she would be his. And if Obi-Wan Kenobi even thought about getting in his way, he would show him just how dangerous he could be.

"Anakin" the apprentice was so lost in his thoughts that he hadn't felt his masters approach. "Strap yourself in, we're coming out of hyperspace and

20. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Boy is Anakin a self centered little brat. But then, Obi-Wan wasn't exactly welcoming when they first met.

Still, it doesn;t seem that Qui Gon is picking up on all of these emotions/jealousy.

21. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Padawan Kitara Yes, our Qui-gon is a bit dense isnt he. He never seems to notice Anakins anger/jealousy or the pain he puts our poor Obi through. He has a habit of seeing what he wants to see, or not want to see. Even Yoda had a comment for that, "Always blind you were to what is right in front of you"

22. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Nice post. Thanks for spacing it out, much easier to read. :)

So, can I kick Anakin around some? Please? I don't hate him it's just that when he becomes a possible threat to Obi-dear, well I just fell that I have to step in and help.

<grabs Ani by the hair and drags him on screen> You WILL behave, mister. Understand? <Anakin quickly nodds his head. Still holding onto his hair.> I'll be watching so if you screw up... WHAM! Got it? Good.

Again, good post, shanobi. Hope you don't have anymore computer problems.

23. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    When most people do a story about Qui-Gon training Anakin, everything works out perfectly. I love the way you're showing it wouldn't matter who trained him.

Still wondering what will happen.

24. CYNICAL21

Jul 8, 2001
    Nice - very nice.

Very sweet touch with the bounty hunter, too.

And lots of menace hanging over our boy - from the mysterious dark client - to the brat-who-should-be-hoist-on-his-own-lightsaber.

And I agree with Jodiwent that it's refreshing to read a fic in which Anakin, under Qui-Gon's training, is NOT the perfect padawan. From my perspective - once a brat, always a brat.

Good job. Keep it coming.

25. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Sorry, no post today. Just upping :)

Hope to have a post soon, which will include more of Amidala and the exact nature of her 'relationship' with Obi-Wan.

Also working on a short JA piece that should be up at the end of the week. Now off to read RRK's post :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.