main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Going Out Friday Night? (Not going to the FF Party)

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by SWN3RD, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWN3RD

SWN3RD Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    Anyone who is not going to the FF party interested in going out Friday night? I know some people are planning on watching the screenings of EP1 and A New Hope. And others are going to the FF party. But to all the rest, lets get together and hit some bars! Post here with suggestions.

Only four days left!!!!!

2. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Well, I will not be in attendance @ the FF party, as my friends were unable to make the payment deadline of this past Friday. I'm not sure what exactly I will be doing...walking hotel hallways to see what I can find, I suppose. ;)

3. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    I might go see Spiderman. Since my plane ARRIVES Friday afternoon, I wont meet anyone just yet, UNLESS I know of a huge costume raid at a local bar.

4. Grendelbob

Grendelbob Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2000
    I can't remember if this has been asked or not, but when is last call in Indy?

5. SWN3RD

SWN3RD Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    I believe, and maybe someone from Indy can confirm, I saw a previous post state that last call is at 3:00am.

6. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Last Call is usually 3:00 am yes, although some places have been known to stay open later, just not serving.

7. donna

donna Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    I would love to go out, either night! Dancing anyone?

8. Katy_Christensen

Katy_Christensen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2002
    What I have planned my parents are totally against so we're seeing Spider Man and afterward, roaming hotel hallways sounds good enough ;) need my beauty rest for Hayden :) [face_love]

9. vongbait

vongbait Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    After the opening ceremony I will be going out to dinner and than taking my daughter to the hotel to get some sleep. We want to get started early on Saturday.

10. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    since i could not rationalize paying more money to hang out with people i dont know...i am thinking that we are going to go see spidey early then out to some bars....anyone going in costume???

11. PontiousPilate

PontiousPilate Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    I don't think we were asking you to "rationalize paying more money to hang out with people you dont know." We simply wanted to know if there were any other SW fans interested in meeting like-minded people from other parts of the country/world over a couple of drinks.

12. wedge_da_man

wedge_da_man Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2002
    Hey! My friends and I would love to hit some bars. I wouldn't mind going out dancing, especially if I can find some retro alternative playing somewhere. But, either way, I wouldn't mind meeting up with you. Where would you like to meet?

And what time?

13. donna

Mar 11, 2002
    I have looked at some of the clubs downtown and found two that sounded good/fun. One is called the Have a Nice Day Cafe (my pick) and the other is called World Mardi Gras. All and all, it looks like there are several good clubs we can go to.

14. wedge_da_man

Apr 26, 2002
    Isn't the world mardi gra place the one with the multiple clubs/bars? That sounds fairly interesting...have a multiple selection to choose from.

15. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Any room for a late comer? I am going to the FF party but that only goes til 12 and am sure I will be buzzed enough to venture out after that.

Also, there was a thread on this board, I cant remember what it was called, but basically it was a bunch of people looking to hit the bars/clubs downtown. A few of the Indy Knights scouted out a few bars to get some idea of the reception a large group of SW fans, some in costume, would receive. I know that the Mardi Gras bar was not real keen on the idea.

Also thanks to SWN3RD for started this "all inclusive" thread!

16. SWN3RD

SWN3RD Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    So I reread the 'Celebration 2 After Hours (ADULTS ONLY)' thread and Shara was kind enough to do some research for us:

"As a test this weekend, some of the Indy Knights, most of which were in costume., went around to a bunch of the bars in downtown Indy to test the waters and get the word out about C2. Most of them were receptive, for the most part, but two in particular were not receptive to people in costume being there. World Mardi Gras and Have a Nice Day Cafe were these two clubs/bars. Now I'm not telling you to not go there, but if you go there in costume, don't plan on getting a warm reception. The following were, though, very receptive and gave us a warm welcome:

Lotus
    Tiki Bob's
    Jillian's
    Claddagh Irish Pub (who saw us on the street and actually came outside to get us to come in)
    Slippery Noodle Inn

Of course we didn't hit every bar, but those are some of the main ones on Meridian Street."

Can anyone from Indy provide us with more information on these bars and their location relative to the convention center?

Thanks!!

17. mikel_antilles

mikel_antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    Count me in...I was wondering what I was going to do with my evenings. A little food, drinking and dancing (scary) sounds good to me. We need to make sure that we have decided on a place (anywhere is fine for me) before Wednesday. I know Lots of people leaving early. Just post a time and a place to meet, and I will be there.

18. donna

Mar 11, 2002
    I wont be in costume, but I want to go where ever my fellow SW fans will be welcome. Irish Pubs are always a good time! We could always just meet at a certain time at the convention center and pick a place from there?

19. SWN3RD

SWN3RD Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    Ok, well lets decide on at the very least a time to meet on Friday. I know people will be leaving to arrive in Indy over the next few days. So please post...

01. When you would like to meet.
    02. Where you would like to meet.
    03. Any preference for the bars listed in the post above.

20. thraken76

thraken76 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2001
    There is nothing wrong with Have a Nice Day Cafe. The bouncer just didn't let us in for free, so we skipped it. The only place I think ya'll should avoid is Circle Center. The high-school educated rent-a-cops got a kick out of tellin' us not to come in to the bars. After an officer of the Indy KKnights contact Simon property group, and received no responce, we decided that Simon properties and the bars of Circle Center Mall did not want the business of StarWars fans.

I would like to suggest that everyone check out Lotus while in town.

21. mikel_antilles

mikel_antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    I have been to a Have a nice day Cafe in Austin, and it was nice, but I am open to almsot anything. An Irish pub would be cool too.

Thinking back you would think that they would love to see everyone in costume since they had a 70's and 80's theme going.

Meeting at 9pm gives everyone the chance to go get some dinner before we all meet up and go somewhere.

22. donna

Mar 11, 2002
    I think that 9pm is a good meeting time. That way, if someone doesnt want to stay out late they can still go out and hang for a few hours. Should we meet at the fanforce table? will it still be open at that time?

Irish Pub might be a good place to start, then move on to the Have a Nice Day Cafe later.

23. wedge_da_man

Apr 26, 2002
    Aye...I agree...lets meet at 9pm at the fan force table and then head to the Irish pub. (Others could meet up with us there if they are late.) Then we can decide where to go from there.

Edit: my grammar is for crap today

24. PontiousPilate

PontiousPilate Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    OK, here is the deal (after discussing this with SWN3RD and Wedge_da_man). Anyone interested in going out Friday night for a few drinks meet @ 9:00 PM outside the Sagamore Ballroom. Once we get a group together, we can decide where to take it from there. We can meet along the wall across from the main entrance to the ballroom. Is that alright with everyone? In case you don't have it, the address for the convention center floorplans is below. (Sagamore ballroom is in the upper right corner.)

click here

25. SWN3RD

SWN3RD Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    Please see PontiousPilate's last post for the time and meeting place.

Only two days left before C2!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.