main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Going to C5? Make sure you get travel insurance.

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by red-dwarf, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red-dwarf

red-dwarf Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 22, 2009
    I hope this topic is acceptable. I'm not trying to sell anything.
    Being in the insurance industry I know, as you all do, how important travel insurance is. Especially when going to the US.

The best company I have come across for travel insurance is a Canadian company called Travel Underwriters. Travel insurance is all they do, with plans tailored to fit every pocket and trip. They also do annual and multi-trip policies which work out incredibly cheap.
    I have permanent multi-trip cover with them for my whole family. I travel as much as I want and it only costs me about $135 per year. that's for all 5 of us.

Here is there web link:

http://www.travelunderwriters.com/

If you decide to go with them give them my Code 'MAC355' and they'll look after you.
    If you don't get it with them, at least make sure you get some with someone. Do not rely on provincial cover, credit card cover or group benefits. They are NOT good enough.
    Good luck
    Vinny

2. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    That's a great tip, Vinny.
    I purchased flight insurance, but was going to rely on my group benefits thru work to cover the medical stuff (which is what I've done before, when travelling to the US). But since you're in the industry, I'll heed your advice (especially since I'm going to be down there for almost 3 weeks).

Thanks for suggestion - and your code :)

3. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Thanks Dude. I'll look into it as well.

4. red-dwarf

red-dwarf Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 22, 2009
    I'm glad this is helpful. Group benefits stuff is of very little value.
    On the website you'll see a Customer Service number, so any questions you can call them.
    You can get a quote and buy it online, but I would always do it on the phone, because you will have questions.
    good luck
    Vinny

5. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Vinny.

Check your private messages.

6. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    LOL! I KNEW I was forgetting to plan/purchase something! I remembered no prob for CIV, but this time it slipped my mind. I'll prob be getting mine again though my AMA membership. Thanks for the post and the info though Vinny!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.