main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Going to Convergence

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by jedihexer, Apr 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    I was wondering if anyone is going or would like to go to Convergence, in St. Paul, MN.

The Con is suppose to be alot of fun, and all the Madison Conventions are going to promote themselves. I thought it would be a great way to get some Northwestern Wisconsin fans interested in the club.
    The dates are July 5-7th, 2002. The best thing is the Con is known for its parties.

It's just a thought, but this way we could go to yet another convention besides CII and give others who can't go a chance to go to this one.

2. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I won't be able to make that - much as I really would like to. My family all gets together for vacation starting that weekend and I very rarely get to see them all... That, and I don't want to miss out on all the waterskiing and wave-running!

3. Bujo

Bujo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    I have a trip on July 5 planned out by Madison, so I may be able to skip over on Saturday and Sunday. Put me down as a yes for now.

4. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I'll have to see if I'm going to The Eagles concert on the 7th at Summerfest. I might be working too, but I'm not sure. I'll check and get back to y'all later.

5. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    What's the sticker price?

6. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I'll be there. Registration is $35 until May 15. Last year was my first year, and I was a bit busy throwing a party, so I didn't get to see much of the con. However, all reports indicate it that it is uberfun.

Here's the Convergence webpage.

But all my all time favorite is still DragonCon . :D

7. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Last year was the best year for SW fans, as Peter Mayhew was here. This year's most interesting guest are the guys who did Free Enterprise (Burnett and Altman). It'd be nice to meet nearby FF people, regardless of the GoHs.

8. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    Bobafemme where are you from?
    Have we ever met at a midwest convention? Just wondering?

9. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    What's a GoHs? Is that a trekkie in costume?

10. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    GoH = Guest of Honor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.