main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Going to St. Andrews

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by ObiMcD, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiMcD

ObiMcD Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Hi everybody. Well, all of my admissions decisions came in for school and it looks like I'm going to the University of St. Andrews. I was just wondering if anybody ever lived in the area or had any words of wisdom on going to University in Scotland.

2. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    I suspect uni at St Andrews is a very different experience from that to be had at any other scots uni.... its only a wee town, and vastly vastly posh.

best way to prepare for it ? make sure yir parents are either members of the royal family, or at the very least, front bench MPs.

either that, or rob a bank.

3. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    and learn golf

4. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    And book a place in Sandbanks.

5. sirliam

sirliam Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2001
    St Andrews is a very nice little town, but with good links to Edinburgh and Glasgow. I imagine you will find it a bit of a focus for a while with Prince William just having graduated. I'm currently living in Glasgow so if you want to drop me a line when you're over here feel free.
    Be Well

Liam

6. AngelaJade

AngelaJade Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2003
    I went to St Andrews Uni - a while ago. :)

Yes, there were quite a few 'posh folk' (known as the 'Okay Yahs') but most of us were just ordinary people from ordinary towns. The students outnumber the locals, which can sometimes cause a bit of town/gown bad feeling, but mostly everyone gets on. It's a lovely wee town, with lots of historic stuff, a nice beach, and some great pubs.

Hope you have a as good a time there as I did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.