main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Going to the movies by yourself...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by chiss_man, Feb 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Well, I'm wondering about it because I desperately want to see ROTK again but the girl market has dried here for now. :( So it's it acceptable to go to a movie by yourself? I ask because my uncle did it and let's just say...well he wasn't exactly popular with anyone. :p

2. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    as far as I know, there is no law that says you have to go with someone to see a movie... cuz that would be a really pointless law :p

just go, it'll be fun :)

3. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Take a blow up doll and talk to it so you don't feel so pathetic. :p

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    The first time I saw AotC I was alone. I went alone because I had to see it right away that day and no one was off school/work at the time. (Saw it later that night with everyone else, but that's another story.)

I've been to several movies by myself. It's kinda liberating to go to the movies alone, you don't need anyone. If you're still self conscious though, go earlier in the day rather that at night. Less people and less chance of seeing someone you know.

5. Darth_Athena

Darth_Athena Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    I saw people go to movies alone all the time when I was working at the theater. Plus, I'd go to them alone too, if no one was off work when I wanted to see one.

There were a lot of people early in the day on weekdays (winter and summer), and a decent number early on Sunday afternoon. Not so many in the evening though.

6. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Going to the movies by yourself is pretty annoying.. ;)

7. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    9 of the 11 times I saw TPM, I was alone

most of the time, I go with other people but when I was in orlando, I went by myself pretty frequently.

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    It can be annoying because it's a bit lonely, but sometimes it's nicer too. No one to bug you when they have to pee twice in a show coughRandycough, don't have to make conversation, if someone sitting next ot you is annoying it's easier to move one person than two or more, you can read your book before the previews start...oh wait I think I'm the only one who does that. It's kinda like eating alone in a resturant, not always one's first choice but it's as enjoyable as you make it.

That and if you throw popcorn at the screen when the movie ticks you off, you don't get elbowed, just dirty looks from the people infront of you ;)

9. NIBBOR11

NIBBOR11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    There's nothing wrong with going to the movies by yourself. I've been doing it for years. Especially if it's a movie you want to see and no one else is interested or available. If I waited for someone to say "Hey let's go to a movie," I'd be in the grave by now. :)
    I saw the first Indiana Jones by myself on the first day it came out all those years ago.

So just go for it, and don't worry about anyone else.
    Unless you're seeing a kiddie movie. ;)
    Just kidding.

10. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    I love going to the movies by my lonesome, I do it all the time. For pretty much the same reasons others pointed out. Nobody asking annoying questions, no loud popcorn/candy chewing coming from your buddy next to you. And you can go whenever it's convenient for you.

Come on Mikey - Try it - you'll like it

11. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    I actually saw AOTC by myself, but I had no choice, considering it was directly after school and had no one to take with me.

12. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I have to admit, it is a liberating experience.

13. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    I always go by myself, you big wuss. :p

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    What'd you see?

15. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    There's 4 movies out right now that I want to see.

Miracle, Club Dread, 50 first dates, and Eurotrip.
    I think I'm gonna see Miracle over spring break. I'll probably see Club Dread with my fraternity brothers after spring break (it's not yet in the theater up here in k-ville). The other two, I don't know. I might just wait for the DVDs.

Has anybody seen any of these? Any opinions? (don't ruin the movies for me)

16. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    50 First Dates I liked. Some parts didn't feel like an Adam Sandler movie, but I really liked it.

17. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Club dread wasn't what I had hoped. It was good, I have a feeling if you never saw Super Troopers you would just think it was dumb. But I liked it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.