main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive Going Toe to Toe

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by IcePirate, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcePirate

IcePirate Jedi Master star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    So, hopefully, this ends up as an ongoing thread. The purpose to try to match up equal ratings and such....

for instance, under "normal conditions",how many Rendili Hyperworks Hammerhead-class cruisers and their complements would equal out 1 Koros Spaceworks Supremacy-class Attack ship, it's complements, and 2 Jehavey'ir-type Assault Ships? now say that The Supremacy-class had been modified to be more of a long range (deep space, even) reconaissance/surveillance command craft (removing say... 2 or 3 or how many ever needed squadrons of fighters (for perfect balance) and modding the rest into being recon fighters. then what?

i'll have more questions later on other things... but for now, that's a start. if anybody else is looking for help with other questions, ask... hopefully someone has an answer.

[b][color=darkblue]I_H Edit:[/color][/b] Fins has it on the head. This sort of equivalencies thread belongs in Lit. While Gunship's point on it being used for an RPG is understandable, it sets a bad precedent and a slippery slope in place. Anything could be related to RPGs, so therefore should discussion of anything be legitimate here? From philosophy to politics to ship stats to fashion to music, it all could apply, delegitimizing the purpose of the Senate, Lit, YJCC/Amph, and FanMusic respectively. If you have a specific question about ships, it needs to be related to an RPG and should be in one of the threads we have for this purpose.

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I was with you up to Rendili...

3. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    I am sorry to say that, but I think you are totally wrong here. This board is about roleplaying, not about statistics or fleet comparison. I think you should go to the fleet junkies forum in the literature.

4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    It could be used for role-playing, such as for NPC characters. Makes an RP post more accurate when you know the relative comparison between these ships.

IcePirate, is this for an RPG game?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.