main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "Going Under" Song-fic starring Obi-wan and Anakin

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Azeria_Jade, Dec 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    Now I will tell you what I've done for you
    50 thousand tears I've cried
    Screaming deceiving and bleeding for you
    And you still won't hear me
    Don't want your hand this time I'll save myself
    Maybe I'll wake up for once
    Not tormented daily defeated by you
    Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom
    I'm dying again

Obi-Wan Kenobi stepped outside into the hot, dismal landscape that seemed to stretch endlessly before him. Volcanoes belched forth lava that ran down their sides into seething pits. The ground was nothing but heat-scarred dirt. This was a world where nothing grew, nothing thrived. And yet he was here, here to hold out his hand to the one person who needed it most in this dire hour.

Anakin.

I'm going under
    Drowning in you
    I'm falling forever
    I've got to break through
    I'm going under

He stood there, clad in a black robe that clung to his muscular form. In his mechanical hand he held his lightsaber. He smiled at his old teacher. His eyes were devoid of any light ? they were merely dark pits of despair.

?I knew you would come, Obi-Wan, you could never resist going out of your way to lecture me,? he spoke softly, in a voice unfamiliar to Obi-Wan. It wasn?t the loud, passionate voice of Anakin Skywalker he knew so well. It was like someone else was speaking through him. Was he already too late? No, he wouldn?t give up, there was still hope. Always hope.

Blurring and stirring the truth and the lies
    So I don't know what's real and what's not
    Always confusing the thoughts in my head
    So I can't trust myself anymore
    I'm dying again

Anakin walked slowly forward until they were face to face.  Obi-Wan had to look up to stare into his eyes. Anakin had been taller then him for a long time, but now his height seemed slightly intimidating. His once open, too-wide smiling face was hard and dark. What had befallen him? What had cursed his soul so?

?I?m here to help you, Anakin, to save you-?

Anakin broke him off with a snarl.  ?I need no saving!?

I'm going under
    Drowning in you
    I'm falling forever
    I've got to break through

The blue bladed lightsaber whipped into existence blindingly fast and Anakin nearly succeeded in taking Obi-Wan?s arm off if the quick thinking Jedi Knight hadn?t flung himself away. Undeterred, the enraged Anakin threw himself after his old master, hacking and slashing. He was raw power, no finesse, and if there was one thing Obi-Wan did had, it was finesse.  

They battled.

Blue on blue lightsabers crashed, lighting up their faces fierce with concentration. Their brows glittered with sweat. The only sounds between them on the blasted land was gasping breaths, and thudding hearts. Back and forth. Back and forth. Then, Obi-Wan lashed out with his leg, striking Anakin in the side. The young Jedi was flung backwards and into a burning pit. Obi-Wan rushed forward and crouched down. Anakin was clinging one-handed to the edge. He glowered murderously up at Obi-Wan.

?Give me your hand!?

?I don?t need your help! I am a Jedi!? He all but shrieked at his former teacher. He then felt his hand slip.  The rocks gave way.

Anakin fell. There was nothing Obi-Wan could do to help him. Anakin was dead and something dark and terrifying had risen in his place.

So go on and scream
    Scream at me I'm so far away
    I won't be broken again
    I've got to breathe I can't keep going under

* Feedback is nice! Oh, and if you liked this one check out my other songfic Bring Me To Life Post Ep3 - Obi-Wan and a pregnant Padme flee the rising Empire. *

2. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    This was great. The imagery is great.

I am not familar with the song, but it seemed to fit the story.

3. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    That was the best Anakin (Vader)/Obi-Wan battle fic I have ever read! And I've read A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Amazing!!! Great!!! :D

5. In_Luv_wit_kenobi

In_Luv_wit_kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2003
    ohh, somebody's an evanecsence fan. I haven't figured it out yet but i'm working on it :b

I loved it, both song fics or whatever they're called. You portrayed the characters and they're emotions hauntingly, much like Amy Lee does with her voice(for all you non-Eva. fans she's the lead singer). You should try something with My Immmortal.

6. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    I've heard this song SO many times, and I can just feel that I'll imagine this the next time I do.

Good job, Rachel! :)

7. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Well done, Azeria! I put my headphones on and read the story while listening to the song. It does work!

I've found Evanescence to be incredibly inspiring and motivating to write to, but for some reason it's usually a long set-aside story called Dialogues of a Fallen Master that is haunting me when I listen to the CD. :) Funny that. :)

Thanks for sharing, and keep up the good work. You should set your hand to something longer, one of these days!

(Do you have a beta-reader? Do you want one?)

*Derisa*

8. Anakinisthechosenone

Anakinisthechosenone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Great songfic! It was a very moving portrayal of what happened..It was awesome!

9. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    *force push*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.