main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY GOJIRA (Godzilla 54) Screening

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    I just got back from seeing the remasterd 50th Anniversary Rialto Print of the original Godzilla movie that has never been screened outside of a couple Convention screenings. It was at Cornell University in Ithaca. It was a small dream of mine to see this film in a theater. I thought I was going to be the only fan there out side the college. We got there and there was no one there at all until later. There was a kid and his parents that were into it from the Rochester, NY area as well as a couple guys form Buffalo who I briefly talked with that were fans. There were about 40- 50 there I think. Mostly college students. At first it did not seem like there was going to be that many at all but they all came right before the start time which was 9:20 PM. The quality was better than I expected. Only a couple a rough spots and a lot of the scenes looked a lot brighter then I have ever seen them, which was a good thing. Some of the best shots were made even better. I was glad to see the turn out that it had. No loud annoying kids there to make fun of it or anything. Another family was there, a girl and her parents. She had the US Imperial Godzilla figure with her. Some other guy had a GINO (AKA Tri Star Sony Godzilla) Shirt on and my friend and I joked about that between our selves for a while. If you do not know that stands for Godzilla In Name Only. Then on the way home, going through the town of Ithaca, we past a Pizza place that was called GINOS NY pizza. That's how it was spelled. I know it had nothing to do with it but it was funny to see. Anyway It was fun and I was glad I went. The girl at the ticket window asked me if I was as a student so she would know how much to charge and I said no and then she said so you must be a fan then and I said yeah I drove all the way from Rochester and she laughed or something. It was great. I got a picture of myself with the poster as well. SO I have seen 4 Godzilla movies in a theater. G85 back in 1985, Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla 1993 at a NJ art house for the Asian Fantasy Film Festival back in 2001, G 2000 and today GOJIRA. I hope to see more. Unfortunately Rochester is to small a city for cool art houses that would do Godzilla movies or festivals like others this year. None that show Rialtos releases either. At least I saw GOJIRA. And I did not even think I was going o be able to do that. I thought NY was the closest screening back in June.

2. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I wonder if The Little theatre would do any screenings? They're more into the artsy type films so maybe they'd be interested.

3. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    No, unfortunately they do more modern films, and have never returned to me with any interest. If I had the money I would rent one of the films that Sony has a print of and try and work something out with them. Sony wants some of the take in, and charges about $100 to rent a film. They have prints of several of the films that they were given for cons and stuff when they got there licensing for there film and distribution rights for Toho films.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.