Golden Days of the Jedicouncil

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Joshua Griffin, Oct 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Fathead Force Ghost

star 4
  2. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    As insults go it lacks something in panache but makes up for it in veracity.

Well spotted and kudos.
  3. Fathead Force Ghost

star 4
    which one out of the 10 are you?
  4. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Since I know you probably went through whole minutes worth of effort thinking something up, I'll step into it.

what ten?

5. Fathead Force Ghost

star 4
    "I'd hate to run out of oil and have my wick burn out.

There would be much wailing and gnashing of teeth then. "

I'm referring to the Parable of the 10 Virgins, from New Testament fame. The 5 foolish did not keep enough oil and when the bridegroom came, they had to get more for their lamps. They ended up missing him.

6. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Hmm, it would appear you've out done me fathead.

Foiled rats again.

<sigh> I knew i should have re read that parable before refering to it, theres always someone who knows the reference... bugger.
  7. Fathead Force Ghost

star 4
    Hooray for confusing you!
  8. DVtS Jedi Youngling

Any site that has, in it's history, laid bannings on Fatboy and myself, is not deserving of a golden age, and won't see one. Josh, if you want this place to be fun, tell the mods not to be so quick to turn on their Nazi-like charms. Oh, and of course the other problem is the "good old boy" atmosphere you've got here, but hey, fix one problem at a time...
  9. jasman Administrator Emeritus

star 4
    The Golden Age can never return until Chyren comes back as a Mod.

:eek:
  10. DVtS Jedi Youngling

No need for Chyren when you have PreacherBoy doing a full-on Chyren imitation. Without the wit, of course.
  11. Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Any site that has, in it's history, laid bannings on Fatboy and myself, is not deserving of a golden age, and won't see one. Josh, if you want this place to be fun, tell the mods not to be so quick to turn on their Nazi-like charms. Oh, and of course the other problem is the "good old boy" atmosphere you've got here, but hey, fix one problem at a time...

HA HA! The uninteresting and redundant bitterness is your argument makes me laugh at you.
  12. DVtS Jedi Youngling

Well, I'll take some solace in the fact that while you toil here and laugh at my post, I'm at the official site moderating. So, uh, laugh it up. It'll be nowhere near as loud as mine. :)

DV
  13. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    OOO OFFICAL SITE.

That makes you a OFFICAL TOOL!

[image=http://varrice.homestead.com/files/Stamp.gif]

14. Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well, I'll take some solace in the fact that while you toil here and laugh at my post, I'm at the official site moderating. So, uh, laugh it up. It'll be nowhere near as loud as mine

Oh. My. God. DAMN! Let me retract my statement, I bow down before you oh mighty god of The Star Wars internet! How could this puny peon have ever thought of questioning you? Of course, we should unban you and then this place will be a perpetual haven and heaven for intelligent and witty discussion. You moderate at SW.com, you are now my idol, I want to emulate you and do everything that you do. The rest of my life will be devoted to the process of making myself more like you in every aspect and way of my life. I can't believe I ever doubted you. Please accept my most esteemed apologies of great one, how can ever beg your forgiveness adequatly?

[face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain]
  15. DVtS Jedi Youngling

DDH, it's people like yourself that are gonna force the JC into a continued downward slide. Heck, I'm sure you'll eventually be a mod here, you've certainly got the "be a jerk" part down pat.

AA, I like you, and I enjoy your rebellious brand of comedia, so any knock on me by you is welcomed and appreciated. Good work.

Pizza, same to you. This place still has some decent posters, but I mean come on. Preacherboy is STILL a mod here. That's ridiculous. Chyren was at least funny and not all that bad a guy, PB is just corrupt.

Got all that? I'll go back to my boards now for a bit, have fun here in your "golden age." LOL

16. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    HEY! 95 people are watching me!

Hay! That's a farm product!

Hae! Whoop - I just made that up!

If you want a mod to go on a insensitive banning frenzy, well, ha, whoooo! I think you see my point.
  17. Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well I'm sorry I don't see you as the end all be all for the quality of this place, nor do I see how you being a mod at SW.com gives you any sort of status.
  18. DVtS Jedi Youngling

I didn't say it gave me any sort of status. However, the fact that someone who has been and is currently one of the best mods at the official site had been banned here because of bias and other such garbage is a sure sign of which board has a "cleaner" team of mods. The general populace of this place is certainly healthy, but the mods aren't. Chyren was good, NathanDahlin is fine, Padme Bra is even pretty good. But that's it.

Plus this board comes complete with sycophants and hangers-on, and cliques and everything else. It's a mess. So is the OS, but hey, we're brand new. This place is supposed to be "experienced."

It breaks down like this. Bannings are only handed out at the OS in cases of trolling, and the like. There is no room for "personal" bannings, which I believe are a problem of extreme proportions here. The mods here can, and usually do, ban people based solely on personal feelings, and not on what that person's actually done. But I'm gettin off my soapbox, because it'll fall on deaf ears. You all know what problems this place has, and hopefully it'll fix them.

Man, it feels good to be able to post more than 1000 at a time. :)
  19. PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling

star 5
    When your forums are running for 3 plus years and you have an open Communications forum, then you can start to compare and contrast our boards.
  20. AL Chosen One

star 5

Further, adding to PreacherBoy's point, once you have been around on a board for more than three years, most of the problems and "crises" that people come up with, only seem strangely mundane to you.

It's quite simple. If you don't like the boards, don't hang around here. If you, like myself and many others, do like these boards, and do want them to go on, then act positive, make decent contributions and have fun without spoiling anyone else's.

It really is that simple.
  21. Fathead Force Ghost

star 4
    Jasman advocating the return of Chyren. This gets better and better.
  22. jasman Administrator Emeritus

star 4
    Why not? Chyren never knew about theforce.net and the JC until I invited him here back in September of 98. I was the first person who nominated him as admin, and I'm the person who talked him into doing it. He is my longest-running web bud. Of course I want him back.

DVtS, I am not impressed.

Sycophant? Pot? Kettle?
  23. Lost in Coruscant Jedi Knight

star 2
    If he's brought back, can we have a Hitchcock era?
  24. AL Chosen One

star 5

I would wholeheartedly support the reinstating of Chyren as a manager tothese boards. Nevertheless, he made it pretty clear in his "farewell" post that he wanted a break from the whole thing and I woulod be surprised if he accpted that offer.

However, that should not stop us from asking him back! :D
  25. Fathead Force Ghost

star 4
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.