main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Golden Days of the Jedicouncil

Discussion in 'Communications' started by chitwood, Oct 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    "What changes are wanted anyway? "

I want colors! I don't care how, but I want them! :p

2. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    I think you have some good ideas and I respect you, but I doubt they will help very much. But then again it was very general outline for improvement (meaning they could work out better than I think).

And how can you actually expect #4 to work, especially with the regular lowly members? It can't, and it won't. A lot of problems people may have with mods is that their "problems" are ongoing. The problem is that in many peoples' eyes, not necessarily in mine, some moderators have already been given multiple chances. I seriously doubt I will change my opinions of certain people (mods or otherwise) just because you tell me I should, I'm sorry. Hell, let's swipe Luther's slate clean and give him 5th, 6th, and 7th chances!

And pozzi, $10 on very little real change.

But please, prove me wrong.

3. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    It sounds like you've got some great ideas up your sleeve Josh, and I'm happy to hear that the admin team is working together to bring about the continual livelihood of the Jedi Council. After visiting the OS message boards a few times and posting a bit I have to agree that this board is better both in technical features and in the company it keeps. The Episode II-III spoiler and non-spoiler forums here are light years ahead of the ones over there for very obvious reasons, and the discussion is much more civilized and concentrated.

Of course any board will experience change and have to adapt to that change as time goes on, and to know that you're openly welcoming change to the Jedi Council and that you're using it to our advantage.
    I look forward to the future and remember the great past.

4. Ternian

Ternian Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2000
    Josh,

You know my views. I need not state them here.

Acknowledging this thread...

Ternian :)

5. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    Roger that, Lead. All fighters accounted for, awaiting orders.

6. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    Just as long as Lord Chewy is not returning to continue her reign of terror and despotism :p

Starting this thread and keeping the unwashed masses informed is a good start. I guess if people don't like the changes that are made they are free to post at other message boards.

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I still say we hold a vote to see which "normal" member will get promoted to Admin.

8. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    I'm glad to see we will be having some changes here. They're needed here very badly.

9. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    LoH- I don't think you'll see her post here again, ever. So don't worry. :p

10. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    I applaud your efforts, Josh. I've been coming here since 1999 because I'm a fan of Star Wars which means that I'm glad the official site got their message boards up. I always see the big picture and you are correct in saying that the best times are ahead of us. I will frequent the new boards at the official site and I shall continue to participate here too because I am a fan and TFN is a good organization. With the worldwide fanbase split between two huge message boards, I think it will make the JC a more hospitable place.

Beings fans, we all live under the shadow of the Lucas empire so certain liberties will be taken, concepts borrowed, styles copied, etc, etc. The new boards at the OS seem strangely 'TFN-esque' in appearance. Consider that a tribute to the success of TFN. The board colors are practically the same and... occasionally I see a banner with Anakin on it that makes me think I'm at the JC. ;)

11. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    Yes, LMM, dawn is breaking, and we are all apart of it, seeing the suns rise. We are in a good spot, from both worlds watching the newest GL baby. It is truly an exciting time to be in the boards, the OS and TFN/JC.

12. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    Guys, the other moderators and I have seen some of the policy and management change ideas that Josh has put up. Trust us, there are a great many things being overhauled...hopefully for the better.

13. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
  14. chitwood

chitwood TheForce.Net co-owner star 4 VIP

May 12, 1999
    Ternian will change his signature back to the Jedicouncil boards. I have forseen it.

Josh

15. Commander Wedge Antilles

Commander Wedge Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 1999
    scrap everything and go back to UBB, its the only way

really

no, really

:D

16. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Dear me, I'm away for 2 weeks so that I could study and do my best for my examinations, and so many changes happen? Oh well... :(

I hope that something will get sorted out soon. As of now, everything seems rather in a mess and it will have to be cleared up. Good to know that the admins' slates will be wiped clean, and I hope that after things have been sorted out, there will not need to be any more changes.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. GasCabbie

GasCabbie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 28, 2001
    Clean slate?

You know what that means? ANARCHY!!! And why not? All the nasty stuff I do will be forgotten, won't it? :D

Seriously, would that include scads and scads of perm banned users coming back? That might get messy!

18. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    I want to think optimistically too. Also, I think that those members who have been posting at the JC all along will continue doing so. After all, the environment that the normal users have made is already getting along well.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  19. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    we need to base this place in russia, that way LF or any other party who feels we wronged them can't touch us, its what exile did, and boy did they milk it....of course this works with any country with weak civil courts, glacial bureacracy, weak defamation/intellectual property laws

i actually like the colour scheme over there, its puurty, remind me of this place when i first came here, sorta

20. Jotun Denal

Jotun Denal Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    I feel so out of touch with what's going on right now!

21. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Hmm...I hafta admit, until I see thingsa change for the better, I am skeptical. But I hope stuff works out.

And I really, really hope that all the political infighting and scandal that goes on between mods is cleaned up. As a rule, i like most mods, but I don't like what I hear about what goes on in the private forum, I think it is a terrible shame.

Also, I think it would be great if we could wipe the slate clean, Josh. I know one person whom was, I believe, unfairly perm banned, and desperately wants a second chance. I also know if he came back he woudl cause no further problems.(Or, if I'm wrong, since I'm not Vertical, therefore I AM wrong sometimes, you can always ban the guy again :p)

Um, I think that is it for my comments, I hope the JC can become a better place in the future. I'll do anything I can to contribute to it's improvement

This pace IS just a message board, but it is a message board the size of a small town (or maybe even a big town), and I tend to think of it that way. And I care about my hometown, and I also care about the JC, my second hometown :D

22. DarthNut

DarthNut Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 1, 1999
    Mabye there is hope for this place.
    Nah! ;)

Seriously, I don't think we will ever have a golden age. You can't try to have a "golden age", it has to happen by itself, but with the cooperation of the members, staff, admins etc. of the board, we can become a step closer to another "golden age". Mabye.

[face_plain] DarthNut,
    the nuttiest guy around.

23. ...and justice for MAUL

...and justice for MAUL Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 31, 2000
    this place is cool. It's a great time to be a SW fan. :)

24. Storm5

Storm5 Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2000
    That's nice. :)

25. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    I'll believe it when it happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.