main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Golden Orbit Sci-Fi, Comic and Card Mart: Newcastle 13/10 and 08/12

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by suzijedi, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    Just in case anyone's interested, or wants to make a Ncle meet out of this, the 'Golden Orbit Sci-Fi, Comic and Card Mart' will take place on Sat 13 Oct and Sat 8 Dec in Rutherford Hall at Northumbria University from 12.00pm.

From what I remember, it's £1 or £2 to get in......it's great if you like comics, but that's about all that's there, but like I say, perhaps we could co-incide it with a meet.

[face_peace]

2. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    Hey - what about Leeds!? :p

3. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    I only picked up the leaflet for Ncle, but if there's a Leeds one, then stick the details on here- it may be bigger/better than the Ncle one!

4. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    Heh - i've not been to it in about ten years! :) I'll find the details next time i'm actually in York or Leeds!

5. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Here's the website the two of you are looking for lol ;)

http://www.goldenorbit.co.uk/goldenorbit/Frames2.htm

You'll find Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Liverpool and a few other places on there :)

I'm up for another Leeds meet sometime in future, could attend one of these, but I think we'd need something else to do - as Suzi said, it's a limited event, though the organiser did consider having signing guests at one point. Even tried it out in Liverpool, a few Star Wars guests, but didn't have enough time to advertise it. And he was also interested in us having a table and some people costuming, but then he didn't get back to several of Jase and my emails. Think he decided upon sticking with the format he has.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.