main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

GoldenEye 007......... Still funnest Shooter around.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by President-JarJar, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    President: Electronic Gaming Monthly, The one feturing Enter The Matrix with Niobe/Ghost on the cover.

I had memories in the facility especially when the best of my friends hunted me and my 2 other friends. We use to hide in the b-room and my hunter friend dropped a grenade in a toilet and fragged all of us in the stall.

:D

2. President-JarJar

President-JarJar Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2003
    the_chosen_two,

Yeah! I have lots of memories too in the Facility and those Famous Bathroom Stalls... In single-player mode, I like to sneak up behind those nimwitted russian guards and shoot e'm in tha butt.. hahaha... then watch 'em dance around in pain. [face_laugh]

Also, picking on the Scientists is Hilarious... Shoot them Twice in Secret Agent and 00 Agent Mode, and they'll pull a gun on you and even a grenade!!

Great Fun!

Hey, the_chosen_two,

I have not seen that article on the GoldenEye sequel, could you do me a favor and please post what the article says on it? Please? Thanks. :D

3. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    Here it is word for word:

Quartermann (the rumor dood)-Game Gossip & Speculation:

Bond To Switch Perspectives
    The Q's sources indicate James Bond might be changing his first-person ways in the next game (schedueled to hit as early as the end of this year). Expect the new game to include third-person view (a'la Splinter Cell and Metal Gear). In addition, another Bond in the works is suppsedly a direct sequel to N64's Goldeneye.

-straight from the rumor section of EGM issue 166 May'03

4. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    One word springs to mind in relation to that rumour;

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... [face_plain]

5. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    Actually, that is not a word. It is a noise, say it and you'll notice. 8-}

6. President-JarJar

Mar 22, 2003
    HaHaHa!... good one! :p

thanks the_chosen_two! ;)

7. arabiansanchez

Nov 17, 2001
    Hey, it's a word in my world even if it aint in yours. Along with Bago, Hooha, and Shoogleboogle. I live in a very strange place [face_plain].

8. darthmalt16

darthmalt16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 2000
    "The problem I have with Goldeneye is competition. This is going to sound arrogant, but untill now I haven't played against someone who was way better then me. After a while of beating people with 10 - 0 is boring"

I'm with you my cousin swore up and down I was cheating. Finally they would all team up and come after me.

The multiplayer levels were great except that the AI bots were really really dumb. Till they made perfect dark the AI in that game is truly awesome.

I've spent many hours on both bond games blowing my friends away.

One time I had a some freinds over we stayed outside in the camper. I put my 64 tv and stereo in it so we could stay up late and not bother my parents.I hid the speakers and didn't tell my friends that the stereo was in there. I turned it on all the way up right in the middle of an intense firefight :) I've never seen anyone hit the ground so fast I about died laughing

9. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    I'm with you my cousin swore up and down I was cheating. Finally they would all team up and come after me.

Yeah, the cheating part get's boring after a while. However they never teamed up against me, they never wanted too, bunch of cowards :p

10. arabiansanchez

Nov 17, 2001
    Yep, I'll give you all that one. The trouble with me is even 3 on 1 at Goldeneye was a walk-over for me.

I had one friend almost as good as me but ultimately I won over 90% of the time.

The most challenging (with a bareable frame rate) is Perfect Dark / Complex or Matrix-esque arena / 3 players / 8 (Perfect / Hard) bots / Custom weapons- CMP, Laptop, Magnum, AR34, Shield.

Gaming gold :D

11. bliv

bliv Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    Just trying playing a mix or Perfect and Dark bots. It's nearly impossible. Especially when the Dark bots cheat by spawning with double cyclones etc.

12. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    I've played 3vs1 yesterday, the end score was a bit non realistic :p

32 - -2

Seriously, the only thing that my friends did was attacking each other, so I went in for the easy kills :p

13. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Goldeneye is better than Wolfenstein and CS. WOlfenstein was great until it went from Nazis to flame firing zombies. CS would be good without the fact that it seems to attract morons like metal to a magnet.

JK2 is my favourite overall, IMO.

14. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    Anyone ever try it on Licence to Kill mode? I've had the most fun out of that.

15. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    Off-topic I couldn't agree with you more about Wolfenstain, ReaperFett.

16. ReconSEAL

ReconSEAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    My fav FPS:

Halo
    Perfect Dark
    Counterstrike
    Rainbow Six Series(is that considered one?)

17. Azzgunther

Azzgunther Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    I must be one of the only people who would rank Goldeneye, Halo, and Perfect Dark 1, 2, and 3.

These games are money.

18. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i rank games on repalyability.....of all the games i have owned on all consoles/pc/commodore etc that and PD are the games i have played the most, by a huge margin.............now all this talk of nintendo only crowd is crap.........look at all the best of games lists that came out in 99, across all platforms, goldeneye was consistently rated as either #1 or in the top 5..........sure those lists are not always that accurate, but it was over many lists..........

what you guys are doing is being hindsight babies..sure goldeneye looks crappy now compared to new stuff, its a little slow, ai is not great etc.......but it dominated the era 1995-2000 FPS wise, and until Halo can say something similiar then......CS is another issue, i don't play it regularly, not sure why, but i just never got into it, but if any FPS is going to challenge Goldeneye at this stage, it would be CS

19. President-JarJar

Mar 22, 2003
    Yes.

GoldenEye rocks.

My favorite shooting games are

GoldenEye 007, MOH, MOH: Underground, TWINE 007, Perfect Dark, and then Half-Life.

I'm old shooter junkie I guess. :p

GoldenEye 007 is definately like in my TOP 10 Favorite games of ALL TIME. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.