main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Goldeneye: Those sweet childhood memories.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by ElfStar, Sep 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    The best thing to do is to put proximity mines near armor. They think they're safe, but they're not.

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    It's even funner to put proxies under the armor. Just collect the armor and place the mine where it was. When the armor reappears, it will effectively conceal the mine.

3. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    RESPECT THE STACK :D

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Stack's kinda fun, but it's sometimes hard to navigate. Complex is beautifully designed, with plenty of ambush points, twisting corridors to run through and void pursuers, and 3 body armors.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I always preferred the Temple myself. It was great for grenade launchers and rocket launchers- plenty of room to use hailfire tactics. Plus you had that big hole in the ground that could catch people offguard, as well as that one room with that great sniper ledge. Plus you had the doors to "throw in peoples way" if they were chasing you.

6. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    Bunker. Loads of fun, plus you can go outside

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    It's really fun to put Proxies on the doors in the Temple, especially when people try to open them from the other side. :D

8. skywalker287

skywalker287 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Lol i was just playing that game last night.The most fun level is the complex with sniper riffles. There's so many places in there were you can hide an set up to ambush in that level. Btw what was everybody's favorite cheat in that game?

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I love paintball mode, but DK mode is also fun.

10. Darth_Iquitous

Darth_Iquitous Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I particularly liked the level with the big room with the hole in the floor. We'd set the game on paintball mode and that would be the undesignated party room, because we couldn't find each other anywhere and that was the one room with good weapons. It had the fabled rocket launcher. Few lived long enough to use it. :D Paint blotches coated the walls...it was so beautiful. *sniff* :( I miss that game.

11. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    I remember wasting many a night with friends on Goldeneye when we should have been studying.

Facility, Complex and Temple were the favourites. I remember one game where I was given the -5 stat, everyone else got +5, they all ganged up on me and were attempting only to get me, and I wiped the floor with them. Very satisfying. :D

PD definately could have been a great follow-up, but I do agree the blurry thing is what ruined it. Although it was fun to use the Far-Sight in the Bond levels. Real funny the first time I used it on someone to hear them abuse me because I killed them and they weren't anywhere near me. :D

12. StormChewieJedi

StormChewieJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2002
    Best. Game. Ever. (Just about)

I think just about everyone who has played GOLDENEYE 007 agrees that it is one of the best games ever. I mean, yeah, there are better games of course, but hell, not too many that are more fun to play. Versus mode kicks a$$, and everybody loves to create a ****storm of automatic weapon shells...definately a great freakin' game...oh yeah...

13. Lord_Darth_Bob

Lord_Darth_Bob Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 29, 2001
    Rockets in the Archives with 4 players enabled w/ the Gameshark. Beautiful. I could not be beaten by that game. Since I picked up a N64 controller with Goldeneye on it to this day, I have not been beaten. :D I still love that game. Classic, brilliant, unbelievably fun, all of the above...just genius. And who was my character? Bond...James Bond. Who else?

14. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    bah, PD was a great followup, it was identical in terms of gameplay, but with new levels, and better guns, the disarm thing is great, and having bots in mp adds so much to the game......hell i still play it now, its suprerior to anf FPS on anyconsole that i have played, inc halo......21320 kills, 2792 deaths

my favourite trick with the bodyarmour was shooting it so it either was pointless to pick up, or somewhere else entirely.course this trick was only really useful when you were playing against someone good, and where having bodyarmour meant was the difference between winning and losing the game.....

my fav trick for removing proxies, shooting an ammo box or gun down the mined area......cleared it out no problems, hidden or not, which was useful when you didn't want to waste yor own proxies or didn't have any

15. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    Goldeneye was an awesome game as was Perfect Dark,Gamecube should make a greatest hits selection of games and remake them so we can play them on it, PD was awesome too i remember once i put Eight ShieldSims on Felicity with Dark Sim difficulty for each,it was all shotguns and reapers with nothing else.

Needless to say the sims went berserk when they lost their shields and couldnt find any replacements and the whole level was a death trap especially since it was King of the Hill with no time limit and no limit to the amount of hills one person could capture,all the sims were basically their own team and it was hell trying to take the hill from them but luckily for me i used the shield cheat code before i even went into multiplayer to give me a better chance,which really didnt help at all, although it did help me take the hill five times from them but i only held it four times without being killed.

16. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    good old sims, personally i like putting a fist sim on my team, give him hard or perfect skill, then sic him on human player.pretty nasty though

17. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Perfect Dark would have been a good game, except for the blurry vision thing, and most of the weapons were way too awkward to use effectively.

18. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Hello.... HELLo...... HELlo... HEllo... Hello.... Anybody there?

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

19. darth_sidious1

darth_sidious1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2002
    Hello to you, too...

I have fond memories of both 007 and PD.
    I loved the single player level outdoors in Severnaya. It was the first time in any game where I truly felt I was outdoors and could go anywhere. It was amazing. The bonus level with the MoonRaker space shuttle was my second favourite. LASERS ROCK!!!
    In multiplayer I always used to play Orumov. There's something cool about playing a guy with a hat so big you could serve drinks on it. I loved the Aztec level. there was always a place in that level for any weapon you want. There were big open spaced for rockets, small hallways for proxy mines, knife fights, and liberal use heavy machine guns, heh heh heh... Ahh, to be 12 again!

20. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    I'm trying to get Aztec but I can't get past those pesky Drone Guns in the room with that one Mainframe. :mad: (On Secret Agent)

Anybody ever get to Egyptian?

I use to play for hours on Multiplayer for hours with my friends.I was always Trevelyn.We had the rule of no guns-no shoot and the no Oddjob rule.I liked the Strafing buttons and the duck capibilities.I'm probably the most deadly person here with a DD Destovi.

21. Joey-WanKenobi

Joey-WanKenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jan 7, 2002
    Goldeneye=Good times

I used to go to the side room of the long hallway in Facility and put a remote mine under the scientist that was at the top of the stairs. Then I would walk halfway up the stairs and detinate it and the dude would fly straight up in the air. Sometimes Dr. Doak was there too and both of them would do it. I never got tired of that. [face_devil]

The proximity mines on the armor was great too.

On the Dam level, if you look across the water with your sniper rifle you can see more buildings. Have you ever gotten over there? Is it even possible?

Great thread by the way...

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> On the Dam level, if you look across the water with your sniper rifle you can see more buildings. Have you ever gotten over there? Is it even possible?<<

That was originally where one of the objectives for the level was (there would have been a boat at the docks to take you across the water to those buildings), but they decided for whatever reason to not include it, but didn't bother removing the buildings, so thats why you can still see 'em...kinda creepy actually ::)

23. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Anyone here get real evil with that level that starts in the elevator?

Come on, tell the truth...I can usually get five shots in before she drops....

:p

24. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Here's how you get to the Golden Gun.

From the entrance hallway, walk forward to the first square. Sidestep left all the way to the wall. Walk forward until the second-to-last square from the gun turret. Sidestep right until you are one square away from being in front of the righthand turret. Step forward one sqaure. Strafe left one square. Walk forward to the Golden Gun. Walk all the way around the gun pedestal, clockwise, and you can open the case on the "3 o'clock" position (you started at the 6 o'clock). From there, just run to the door that is near the gun case.

If you accidentally trigger the guns, run as fast as you can to the exit door and try to make it out before the autoguns kill you. The noise will attract more soldiers once you go through the door, so be careful. Then just go back up the hallway and try it again.

I hope that helps.

25. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    I loved taking shots at Natayla in Control.

Thanks Bib!!

I had a book that explained it but I lost it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.