main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Goldmember

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by Calli, Jul 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I don't know who all wants to know this, but I'm telling anyway.

Starworld 20 is doing an advanced screening of Austin Powers in Goldmember.

Billy and I are going to go to the 8:30 showing, so if anyone else wants to meet us there, then game on!

Ohh the other showings are at 8, 9, 10 and 10:30.

2. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Heh....you said "member".

3. QueenOverVader

QueenOverVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    I would love to join you guys but I work till 9:00 :(

Have fun & enjoy!

4. Icarus_apex

Icarus_apex Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    I'll see what Paul's doing. We might show up. If not I'll probably just show up myself.

5. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    What, are you and Paul attached at the hip or something Joey? Does your big brother have to hold you hand? hehehe! I would love to go too, but happy hour is calling my name! hehehe! Heck, $1.00 draws can't be beat! :D Although, there are tons of movies out right now that I would love to see, if anyone gets bored this weekend. I have a feeling that Billy and Kenzi have seen most if not all the ones I want to see. But, I am up for whatever.

6. Icarus_apex

Jul 21, 2002
    ummmm...no Paul and I are neighbors and I figure why take two cars when you can just take one. Oh, and he can't make it. Lisa, what bar do you go to, just curious.

7. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    DAMN!

Happy Hour wins once again! ;)

8. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    We will be going to Crawpappys (51st and Harvard). It's just a little hole in the wall that we go to. Cheep beer (but they don't serve Guinness! :mad: ) and you don't have to doll up. Kenzi, we should do it next week! Kind of a welcome to Tulsa thing for you and Billy. We can see who wants to go in the fanforce. What do you think?

Joey, are you old enough to get into bars? Just curious.

9. Icarus_apex

Jul 21, 2002
    Ok I couldn't tell if you were mocking me or if you were serious. If you were serious then yes I'm 23. If not good job, I laughed.

10. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    MADE YOU LAUGH!! :) No, I was serious. I thought you were all of 19 or so. Being the second or third oldest person in this group is getting old. Just keeping my eye out for other old people. HO HUM.

11. Icarus_apex

Jul 21, 2002
    Bah....age is a state of mind.

12. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    I would agree with that, most of the time. Most people my age, don't think I act my age, so I think I am doing okay.

13. Icarus_apex

Jul 21, 2002
    I never understood that phrase: "act your age". How is my age supposed to act? I don't know, maybe it's just me but I think we should act how we feel not the way someone else tells us to. well enough preaching for now.

14. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    Out of the mouth of babes. :) Well, I think you can act your age, if you want to. There are plenty of people out there who are willing to act my age, so I will just let them do so. Me, I will do what I please.

15. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    You know they say your only as old as you feel. Now if that is the case i died about 1 week after starting State Farm. :D

16. Icarus_apex

Jul 21, 2002
    ummmm...Calli, if you're still out there I just heard on the radio that K-hits is at starworld giving tickets away in the parking lot. Also, they said it was packed with people. Just some info, I didn't know if you knew already.

17. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    LOL! Mike2-D2! You are so right about the SF thing. I too have been dead for a long, long time. There are people there who have been there for 30 or more years!!! They have been walking zobies all that time. :)

18. tx1573

tx1573 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2002
    If age is a state of mind then I guess I have checked out as the mind has left and the glow of youth has left these weary bones. Yeah only thing missing is the cane and the hooded cloak and its the emperor for me. Worn out in my prime. Twenty-nine and ready for the nursing home to chase the nurses and enjoy the sponge baths.

19. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    So how was it guys? I heard that it wasn't as good as the last two, but will be better then the 8th one.

20. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    I saw it. hehe yes...it.... I thought it was pretty good. I had more laugh out loud moments in this one than in the previous too. With a couple of exceptions I didn't think this one was as over the top as the previous too. overall I liked it. I give 3 stars out of 5.

21. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    Okay, I feel like an a$$! I thought you guys were going tonight (Friday). Crap! I could have gone last night for sure. I was totally bored last night to top it off. Next time, will someone make sure I know what the hell is going on? I am a little slow at times. :)

22. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Lisa, Lisa, Lisa. Well, we ended up seeing it at the 10pm showing at the Hollywood 12 at the Promenade...long story. Anyway, I liked the movie although I still like the first one the most.

23. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    Okay, now I don't feel too bad. I could not have made the 10 show. Who all went? Billy, you changed your icon. Is that a special city rep thing? I noticed that not all icons are availible to the whole fanforce. Oh the perks! :)

24. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Nope, that is the Wraith Squadron symbol. ^_^ I see why you like Face so much billy, he is funny as hell.

25. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Zach and another one of our friends named Kyle, literally just showed up about 5:30 yesterday.

The 8:30 at the Starworld was sold out and Zach and Kyle didn't want to wait and go to the 10 pm showing. So we went over to the Promeade 12 and everything was sold out but the 10 pm showing. Well like before they didn't want to wait that long so it was just Billy and I at the 10pm showing.

I liked it alot. Much better than the second one in my opinion. To use Ed's movie rating guide, I'd give it 3 and half stars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.