So CO Golf

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Darth_Nast_T, Jul 10, 2005.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Darth_Nast_T Jedi Master

star 2
    I noticed Zoom mentioned playing golf...

Anybody here interested an playing a round some weekend?

(Keep in mind I kinda suck, haven't played in a couple years, and don't tkae it too seriously)

Maybe a scramble?
  2. Horaxian-Astromech Jedi Knight

I"m running a tournament at Sprigns Ranch this weekend, so if you guys can get a foursome together, and get me $65 each, I'll put you in it.

Otherwise, I"m always up for golf!
  3. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    OOoooo!!! I suck, but I know how :)

Just as long as we get a golf cart. Walking all over kinda sucks at the moment for me.
  4. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    LOL. All I know about golf is where to pay, and where to pick up my bucket of balls.

But I'm up for whacking things with a club whenever I have time. :D Large bucket at Walking Stick is only $4. I figure...I live 5 minutes away -- I should really go whack things during lunch a few times before the summer's over. The practice will help me for when I decide to become a manager. Still a few years out, but golf is definitely a job-related skill.

Hmmm...now that I've got access to the reimbursement system, I wonder if they'll buy me a set of clubs?
  5. Darth_Nast_T Jedi Master

star 2
    H.A. - Thanks for the info, but this weekend won't work for me.

Zoom - How much is 9 at walking stick?

6. Imperial_Birrer Jedi Master

star 4
    I have never been to interested in playing golf,but I always wanted to try it.I have been thinking about finding a club and going to the driving range.
  7. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    any place on can rent clubs?
  8. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    D_N_T -- I will check on prices at Walking Stick on Wednesday. Next 2 or 3 weekends are bad for me. :(

On a side note...until I become Tiger Woods, should I just get some knock offs of Callaways or Slingshots? Seems those clubs get the best reviews from everyone I've talked to. [face_monkey]
  9. Darth_Nast_T Jedi Master

star 2
    My clubs are the garage sale specials my father-in-law paid for...

I do have an extra set... in a pink bag...
  10. Kaety Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, you do have that one new club - that you got from D.F. for suffering through a 3hr Catholic wedding as his best man...
  11. Darth-Horax Force Ghost

star 6
    If you buy clubs but suck...get knockoffs...personally, I'm a Callaway guy, and Nike is so new in the industry they're not quite as respected as Callaway is. Go with the Callaways. I play with a Callaway driver and 3 wood, Cleveland 5 wood, Tommy Armour irons, Clevland wedges, and a Ram Putter...however, I am going to buy all Callaway Irons next spring, so I'd go with them.
  12. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Knockoffs then. It'll be a couple years before I'm good enough to use golf as an effective job-enhancing skill. And getting knockoffs might also allow me to finish my zombie project before the end of the summer. [face_devil]
  13. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    My clubs are pretty. The Driver is made of wood! And they all have little flowers on them [face_love]
  14. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Aw...flowers.

It's no secret I've been looking at getting a set of clubs. Playing through the Walkingstick Obstacle Course today with DNT sold me. Granted, I suck horribly, but with my own clubs, I'll be able to sneak away during lunch and whack things since the course is 5 minutes away.

Just snagged a set of new Slingshot knockoffs for $130 on eBay. Hmmm...need a bag now...and shoes...and balls...and some plaid pants...and a pale yellow polo shirt...and a driver...and a putter...and a golf cart...and...
  15. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    ...and a bulldozer...and a rocket launcher...and a bag of Cheetos...and an ant farm...
  16. Kaety Jedi Master

star 4
    ...and most important of all...a wife who really, really loves you...and allows you to buy all that stuff...;)

Oh, Happy Anniversary to you and Rachel!!! =D=
  17. Darth_Nast_T Jedi Master

star 2
    Its Zooms and RDT's anniversary?

Wow!

CONGRATS!!
  18. RubberDuckTape Southern CO Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    we survived another year of each other!

:p
  19. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Thanks!

And yes, "survived" is the operative word. [face_devil]

And she has to get me out of the house somehow. I'm going to have to keep my golfing slow at first, because I haven't had anything that's kept me active for about 4 years now...and once I remember how to cope with this "sun" entity, it's going to be hard to keep me inside the house.

I've already started working on a contingency plan for making modular putting greens inside the house (using my mini-wargaming terrain making skillz) so I can survive the winter if I'm not allowed to go snowboarding. LOL.
  20. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Okie dokie...last night I was successfully able to snipe everything I *think* I need in order to occasionally sneak out during lunch and whack some golf balls. Got everything for pretty cheap, too, so I'm happy. :D

Got a set of Nike Slingshot clones. Out of 4 different sets of clones (that everyone's been telling me to get), they were the only ones on eBay within an acceptable price range (about $120). Also got a neat clone of a supposedly good putter for $20 (doesn't look like a spaceship though). Aw. :(

Also got a neat-o gray and hazard orange bag to carry them in. The bag looks like I should be carrying weapons grade plutonium. :D

I need a hat though. While the sunscreen kept the rest of me from getting burned, my scalp got a little singed while we were playing this weekend. Ooch. [face_beatup] I used to have tons of hats, but they followed me to the ends of the earth on my mountain bike, and once they started walking and talking on their own, I set them free into the world to start their own lives...mostly because I was a poor college kid and couldn't support a bunch of hungry mouths to feed.
  21. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Picked up a used hybrid 7 wood. Pat, Fergie, and I went out yesterday and I was doing pretty well in the rough with Fergie's hybrid. I didn't even lose a ball.

Fergie snapped the heads off his driver and 3 wood, though. It was...frightening. I'm glad nobody was down-range. We're still not sure how he did it, either.
  22. Darth_Nast_T Jedi Master

star 2
  23. Kaety Jedi Master

star 4
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby