main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Goo goo ga ga (Swarm War Spoiler)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Excellence, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Betrayal
    Fallanasi

What do you think? Rather yet ANOTHER parental name, we got something intelligent . . . ;)

2. Fist_of_Mandalore

Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2005
    Sometimes I think Excellence is just H.P. Lovecraft in troll form. [face_flag] :p

3. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

Never read Lovecraft. An author?

EDIT: Googled enlightened me. Weird writer, me? Outrage! Sounds like a fake writer's name, anyway. So many authors don't/can't publish under their real name.

4. Fist_of_Mandalore

Mar 31, 2005
    Yes. Wrote remarkably like yourself. Couldn't understand a word he said. Though, Mountains of Madness was good regardless.

5. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    PWNED!!![face_laugh][face_peace]

(sorry, just had to say it):p

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Interesting... VERY interesting...

7. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Ex, I do believe you've gone quite insane :p

8. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    >>>Weird writer, me?<<<

I seem to remember that you claimed to be an author in your first several posts here... o_O

9. Fist_of_Mandalore

Mar 31, 2005
    ZOMG, EX IS GEORGE LUCAS!!!1!!!11111!!!1OMGBBQ

10. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
  11. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Ex: so, what are you saying? That the kid's Akanah's?! :eek: [face_worried] [face_laugh] =D=

You, sir, get a Platinum Wookiee?!!

But...

*sighs nostalgically*

I miss the days when Fist_of_Mandalore spoke like a Gand....

- The Imperial Ewok

12. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    Allana was created through Fallanasi magic instead of the old-fashioned way? Hogwash. :p

Now, if you mean she will be TRAINED by them, that might work... heck, she could be hidden just about anywhere int he galaxy and Jacen knows of a lot of groups of Force-users that could keep her away from Hapan nobles pretty well.

As for Traya... an ancestor of Boba Fett? Or even Han Solo? Maybe... not really clear on that era.

13. Fist_of_Mandalore

Mar 31, 2005
    Dont we all?

14. LastOneStanding

LastOneStanding Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    Come now...Lovecraft was a little more comprehensible than Ex. ;)

That said, if Ex starts writing things like "Ia, Ia Sadowspantiesulu Ftaghn!" then we can wonder if Lovecraft has indeed been reincarnated on the forums.

15. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    I seem to remember that you claimed to be an author in your first several posts here...

I'm wondering about that, too.

16. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    A long time ago, in... this very forum:

[face_thinking] [face_thinking]

17. Fist_of_Mandalore

Mar 31, 2005
    We all had our newbie days boys. Lay off the Excellent one, kay? ;)

18. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    It's kinda amusing how all the forum vets were like "off with his head!" "ban him" "troll", and nowadays he's one of the bastions of Lit. [face_batting] [:D]8-}

19. Coonsan

Coonsan Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2003
    Ya, I remember watching that change over with amusement

20. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Does this mean that Ex lied to us? Is he not really an author? [face_hypnotized]

21. Fist_of_Mandalore

Mar 31, 2005
    It would appear so.

22. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

I can see into patterns, the way Lobot was telling Calrissian about Donadi art, like Bastila's saber blows synchronised to the music beat in the movie Revan was knocked out. But I can't pull a Tarkin and claim full credit, as the idea was seeded from the musings of a few posters here and there, and it started me thinking.

The trilogy was all about mirages and illusions, Plo's cloaking shield and the subconscious/dark(ness) nest within you of Joiner King. And only recently the conversation came up about authors' associates named in their books, and I was thinking, "All right, Troy, where did you get your Allana?" Not that I have kilometres of time on my hand, mind you, although in a SW book that would have been standard kilometres---getting back to the point, I was impressed that finally, at last, we got a child that wasn't named after a grand/parent, after all these years. But I'm not suggesting a Pell liasison or two, just that the girl's origin of name fits her father's new personality.

Ahh, I remember those early weeks! My posts were so unflavoured, so plain . . . Gamgee's fat hide, I can't bear to think about it. Sturm Antilles disapproved my once making 4 threads a day, but where was he when we needed him for our Rebel Scum? Those were nostalgic days, when I pondered the origin of Kadue's icon and a dozen :D couldn't persuade Val I wasn't really named after the M-class fighter, when asking how Obi-Wan knew Maul's name twice in Rogue Planet was illegal, but too polite to muse if your mum's a BlasTech does that make you a son of a gun. I did burn out writing for a long time. Then one day I read Survivor's Quest's and Dark Rendezvous back to back, and rape that Vader, the shock of such blatant rubbish was so outrageous, so Quiet Mandalorian, it reignited my Energon Cube, if you get my meaning. Lay on McDuff; and damn be he who first cries, Hold, enough. [face_mischief]

23. Fist_of_Mandalore

Mar 31, 2005
    Rough Translation: That Ozone hole over Oz does indeed cause brain damage. ;) No offence to any Ozzies meant. [face_flag] And, Ex, could please just tell the names of the books you've written if you've written any?

24. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

But that would shatter promises I made to certain people, wouldn't it? 8-}

25. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    So as an exercise, I decided to clean that last post up of Excellence-speak, just to see what it would look like:

Sadow's panties, it's like an alternate universe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.