main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Good Day!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by UrbanWriter13, Feb 20, 2014.

1. UrbanWriter13

UrbanWriter13 Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2014
    Hi!

Just wanted to say that I have been a fan of Star Wars since, well, I was born. Can't remember the first time watching it but do remember all the toys I had growing up. My favorite character is Mara Jade (as you can tell with my Avatar) and my favorite book is Young Jedi Knights: Heir to the Force.

Can't wait to get involved with this site!

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  2. It Is Your Destiny

It Is Your Destiny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2014
    Hello UrbanWriter13. :) Due to your affinity for the EU, I would suggest checking out these forums:
    - 'Literature' and
    - 'EU Community'

Also, if you're a writer like your name suggests, head on over to the 'Fan Fiction' tab and click it. :D You'll find a lot of stories to explore, and you can also post your own tales.

Enjoy the ride!

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  3. UrbanWriter13

Feb 20, 2014
    Thanks! I'll check it all out! I have a short story coming out next week on Kindle Worlds, is there anywhere on here that I can promote that?

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We don't allow advertising here, but there's nothing to prevent you adding a link to your signature as you've done for your blog and Facebook..

5. UrbanWriter13

Feb 20, 2014
    Ok totally understand thanks!

6. UrbanWriter13

Feb 20, 2014
    Out of curiosity, did they destroy the forums on the Star Wars website? or did they move here?

7. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Welcome UrbanWriter13. I don't know about SW forums, but welcome to this forum.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    They were closed. A significant number of their regulars found their way here, but all of this site's content is original to these boards. Welcome and thanks for the introduction. Hope to have you stay around. Get to know the forums, get active, and have a brilliant go. If you need any assistance, feel free to @.tag one of us in here simply use this thread as your personal tech support.

9. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome UrbanWriter13! :)

I just can second the suggested boards by Destiny. They seem to fit to you best, but don't hesitate to take a look around. Meeting other SW fans from your area is cool as well for example (you can find them under 'FanForce').

Enjoy your stay! :)

10. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    You write short fiction!? We have a fiction section here, feel free to share it! Welcome!!

11. UrbanWriter13

Feb 20, 2014
    Thanks all! I will have to check out the fiction section! I have some character ideas for star wars fan fiction, can't wait!

12. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Welcome, UrbanWriter13! :D

13. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Hello, and welcome aboard. There is so much to see and do over here. It's never dull. Everybody is friendly and helpful, and we have the best staff of administrators and moderators on the Internet, in my opinion. Enjoy your stay, and have lots of fun.

Rainbow, RKS or Joy

:D

14. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Welcome to the forum, UrbanWriter13!

I hope you enjoy your time here, and I am sure you will find yourself right at home with the Fan-Fic boards!

Look forward to seeing some of your work in the future...!

:)