Hi Good Evening!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by DarthDeetz, Feb 18, 2014.

Moderators: Skiara
  1. DarthDeetz Jedi Padawan

Jeez, this is the first forum i've signed up to in god knows how long...
    ANYWAY HELLO! Star wars is quite a new, but unnecessarily huge obsession for me. After sitting myself down for a Marathon and a whole box of drumsticks, I couldn't just stop there....
    So of course after watching the Clone wars series, I really wanted to delve further into other parts, like the EU, but my god it's confusing and I have no clue where to even start.
    A-anyway, it's nice to see a whole forum of friendly others who I can hopefully talk to, since I don't know anyone in real life who likes anything past the Sequels. (Most people I know seem to hate the prequels so it's a little embarrassing to openly admire it with them..)
    Anyway, I'm also an illustrator, so the series is quite inspiring. Along with the Tron franchise, and uh... cartoons, Sandman... Idk ANYWAY.
    Hello one and all~
  2. Commander Krix Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey, I'm quite interested in seeing how more and more folks are getting into Star Wars over-all. :D

Anyways, welcome aboard the forums, and don't doubt, there'll be more posting later on. :p

Enjoy your stay. :)
    Last edited by Commander Krix, Feb 18, 2014
  3. It Is Your Destiny Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Hello @DarthDeetz. :) Just open the 'Star Wars Books, Comics, and Expanded Universe' tab found on the main menu. There, you'll find the 'Literature' and 'EU Community' forums. Both are full of friendly users that can make suggestions and point you in the right direction. You'll be a master of the EU in no time. Hope that helps.

BTW, I enjoy illustration as well, especially cartooning. What do you like to draw?

Enjoy the boards!
  4. DarthDeetz Jedi Padawan

Thankyou both @It Is Your Destiny and @Commander Krix
    Yeah I wish I had got into it earlier, it's such a broad franchise and has such a large community it's great!

Also @It Is Your Destiny Yeah, I'm trying to pop into graphic novels/Comics n stuff, but right now i'm just lazing about haha. I'll post my website into my 'about me' account eventually, but yeah thankyou so much for the helpful information~
    Ps. I don't think i got the @ thing done right oops, sorry.
  5. Jedi General Gelderd Force Ghost

star 5
    Welcome to the forum, DarthDeetz!

Sounds like you're going to fit in perfectly around here - I hope you enjoy your time around the boards, and hope to see some of your work if you can share it with us!

:)
  6. Pearlsaber Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Welcome, @DarthDeetz!

I see you are finding your way around nicely. A lot of good advice here!

I just now started watching Season 1 of TCW and I find them to be quite entertaining so far. Swing on by the EU Community to talk about all things EU. You'll find me around there. ;)
  7. It Is Your Destiny Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    @DarthDeetz: No problem. :) I think you'll enjoy the community here.

Graphic novels and comics... sounds great. I've been exploring illustration too. I'll be sure to visit your website. You should check out the 'Fan Art' forum, located in the 'Fan Activities' tab.

P.S.- No worries... you tagged us correctly.
  8. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
  9. Jedi Knight Fett Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  10. DarthDeetz Jedi Padawan

Thankyou very much all of you! Yeah well i've only been here a day and someone's sent me to an amazing post on where to start first with all the EU books, so i'm already starting off with the Thrawn series.
    @Pearlsaber I actually find TCW one of my fave things right now, since it goes into depth with all the movie characters (Especially Ventress Asajj who I love so dearly).
    Also @It Is Your Destiny, wow I never thought about doing fanart, Well since i'm an obsessive of four armed robots, I should probs give it a go hehe~
    And thanks to @I Are The Internets and @RJ Carey for the warm welcomes as well~~~
  11. Pearlsaber Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    You won't be sorry starting with the Thrawn Trilogy. ;)

Sent from far away via R3-S12
  12. Jedi Knight Fett Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Other good reads are the Darth Bane trilogy.

If you like the mandolore episodes in the clone wars you might also like the republic commandos books.
    Last edited by RJ Carey, Feb 19, 2014
    Darth Maul Apprentice likes this.
  13. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    This is a huge forum but don't feel intimidated.
  14. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Hello Fellow Aussie Type Person! Or should I say 'Gidday Mate!' Adelaidian here! Welcome!!! If you need help in a time zone that suits you, I'm your lady! :D
  15. Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Welcome DarthDeetz. There's tons of info here. The forums can seem a little overwhelming at times because there's so many and it's been going on for so long. Don't worry about it, just jump in and have fun.
  16. DarthDeetz Jedi Padawan

@Jedi Knight Fett Ahyes i've heard a lot about the Bane triology! I'm also tempted to hope onto those parts after Thrawn since... I kinda always liked that more darker side of Starwars yeah.
    @Adalia-Durron goo day to you too! It's kinda a little sucky to message people when it's too late at night in America, but hey atleast most probably stay up past their bedtime (Because we're all big kids now ey?) But yes, it's very nice to see someone with the same timezone on the internet for one hehehe.
    Also thankyou @Darth Maul Apprentice For the welcoming hello too~ so good to see such friendly people on here
  17. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    You're on in my morning, so about 30 mins before me most the time......makes perfect sense! There are quite a few Aussies here, just have to look for us ;)
  18. Cushing's Admirer Force Ghost

star 6
    Hello, Sir. :) Well met and a good evening from the desert of the US. *Cushy wheels over and offers hand*

Do you have any specific questions or interests?
  19. DarthDeetz Jedi Padawan

@Cushing's Admirer Hello there! Wow uh questions questions... Well i've gotten two sort out already, but I guess one other main thing on here would be to forum RP. I've never done it before and would absolutely love to, but ah, i'll leave that for the future when I know people who do I suppose.
    Anyway thanks all yet again for the warm soothing welcomes~
  20. Cushing's Admirer Force Ghost

star 6
    A good number of people seem to think the Thrawn Trilogy is the peak of SW EU. I am not one of them though Zahn did create two characters I think rock.I think perhaps if you want to get into EU perhaps consider what aspects and topics appeal to you most in SW then maybe enquire if any books/comics/whatever address them. Do you have any such considerations yet? :)
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
  22. General Immodet Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    @DarthDeetz: Welcome to the forums, Darth Deetz!
    If you are interested in joining a role-playing game, you might consider checking out the Senate thread in the SWC forum.
    People are allowed to become Senator and represent their own planet. Maybe that would be something for you?
    Momentarily, I am Chancellor. So, if you have any questions, shoot!
  23. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Welcome DarthDeetz! :)

You've got some welcomes already. That's pretty cool! And you've seem to have taken a look around already - even cooler! :D

RPing at the boards is really nice. So, if you're interested in it, don't wait too long and join the game you are interested in.

As mentioned above, don't hesitate to ask any of us (especially the mods), if you have questions, can't find anything or wonder about something. We'll help you. :)

Enjoy your stay! :)
Moderators: Skiara