main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Good Hunting by Christie Golden in new Insider

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CeiranHarmony, May 30, 2013.

1. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    Till I get my new Insider soon, I am already dying from reports of friends who already have it and talk about the art. So.. anybody willing to post some pictures of the art.. please do so!

And discuss the story too of course ;)

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    What is this one about again?

3. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    Tenel Ka, Jaina and Allana.. in between Apocalypse and Crucible

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Girls' night out, eh?

5. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Let me take a wild guess...

It features Sith. :p

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  6. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    since I doubt Jaina is a lightsider ever since she murdered her brother not noticing he turned back to the light and was right all the time (despite some madness in between I blame on Ben like his idea of burning Kashyyyk nobody ever found out it was Ben's fault ever.. ahem what?)... yes there is one among the three ;)

7. hexterah

hexterah Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2013
    Barriss_Coffee and CeiranHarmony like this.
  8. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    NEW ART IS UP THX TO JOE ON FB... sorry for shouting but.. amazing art:

only one complaint... Allana still sports her brown fake haircolor instead of natural red... *sigh*

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Those images are great. Tenel Ka and Jaina actually look close to their appropriate ages, and it's cool to see Allana growing up. I've always liked Corroney.

We used to complain a lot about the lack of images from the early Legacy era, but look how many we have of Allana now.

Vialco likes this.
  10. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Love the images as well, and really like the art style. They look like they're from an upcoming comic book.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Nice. Anji's certainly grown. Jaina seems to actually look like the daughter of Han and Leia, especially in that first pic where I get a strong Leia vibe. And if these images mean Allana actually has an adventure with her mother, then I definitely want to read it. More Jaina can't hurt either.

Now, when will we get some decent pictures of Ben? And I'm not talking about headshots in essential guides. [face_frustrated]

12. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Jaina looks absolutely dumbfounded by that there jungle. You'd think that Yavin training would make her more jaded.

13. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    well.. Ben will soon be Beru Skywalker for the Sequels.. so I can understand they wait with art till his gender is final for all eternity :p

Lazy Storm Trooper and FatSmel like this.
  14. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    My Jaina looks more like Leia than I've ever seen her

15. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

They have properly done permanent damage to her hair by now. :p

16. family_business

family_business Jedi Knight

Jun 22, 2006
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. It is so irksome Allana doesn't have red hair. Why do they continue to crap all over continuity?

Rew likes this.
  17. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Oh, for the day when hair colours were our biggest continuity worry.

JackG, Mazzic, kataja and 10 others like this.
  18. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    It's weird how TK is much smaller like in the background and her lightsaber is in front of Jaina. And I don't like Jaina to look THAT much like Leia.

19. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I think that's just the cover image -- a collage of story elements. It's the other pictures that are actual illustrations of in-story events.

20. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Oh, okay. I just wish Jaina looked more feminine, llike she did on the beautiful Japanese covers. Apparently the girl they have now is Corroney's GF.

21. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    When is this issue out or is it out?

22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I don't know whether they're together or not, but yes -- the person Corroney's been using for Jaina for some time now is a particular costumer. That irritates me a lot, because characters should look how characters are supposed to (in this case, a mix of Han and Leia) and NOT like the artist's buddies. Tuckerization is one thing -- that's a time-honored sort of thing and a nice gesture to the fans. This, on the other hand, is inappropriate favoritism imo. If you want to make your friends canon -- by all means -- just make them original characters, or at LEAST secondary or tertiary characters (for instance, when Corroney based Halagad Ventor on Abel, that was totally cool, esp. since Ventor had no canonical description yet).

I like seeing depictions of Jaina Solo, not random fan #5.

23. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Oh Ventor got pics in Domain of Evil, though from when he was older and if you squint a little he does resemble Peña on those.

Esg likes this.
  24. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    oops. Well, that undermines my point a little. :p

Just goes to show what happens when I avoid reading a lot of WEG because I like it so much that once I've read it, I'll be sad that it's now gone. This is why I've never read 75% of the SWAJs that I own :p

25. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

BLASPHEMY... all the Imperial glory in there?

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.