main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Good morning!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Beercorn, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Beercorn

Beercorn Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2017
    Good morning. I'm new here, so I figured I'd come in here and make an intro thread since it's a standard courtesy on message boards like this one.

I'm 30 years old. I'm too young to have seen any of the original films during their initial theatrical runs, but I did watch all of the special editions when they were brought to theaters in the mid '90s. I also watched all the prequels, TFA, and Rogue One on their theatrical releases. I'm very cynical of the prequel trilogy in terms of George's screenwriting and directorial skills, but I still appreciate many of the aesthetics that the prequels carried with them.

I've also seen the Holiday Special several times(it's become a Christmas tradition for me) and a few story arcs here and there from the first couple seasons of Clone Wars. I've watched maybe a couple episodes of Rebels. I don't know much about the show though, so you probably won't see me involved in discussions about it.

I have almost no exposure to the books outside of a few of the newer Marvel comics and Timothy Zahn's "Heir to the Empire" trilogy. I've been playing Star Wars video games ever since I was a kid. The first Star Wars video games I remember playing were the Super Star Wars trilogy for SNES, but I'm also a big fan of the Battlefront series and I'm currently lurking around online matchmaking in the mobile game, Star Wars: Force Arena. My name on there is also Beercorn, in case you want to look out for me.

It's nice to meet you all and I hope I'm able to contribute some insight and fruitful discussion to your forums.

Jar-Jar Binks and Bazinga'd like this.
  2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Good morning and welcome to the forums. If you have any questions or need help navigating the forums, please ask.

Our Literature and Games Forums are great places to get exposure to those two areas and you will definitely meat some interesting people along the way.

Beercorn likes this.
  3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hey Beercorn! Welcome to the community. :) Some of us in the Sith Empire play Force Arena.

Beercorn and Bazinga'd like this.
  4. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Hello and Welcome to the boards. Super SW Trilogy for the SNES was cool but hard for me. My first game was Shadows of the Empire for the N64.

Beercorn likes this.
  5. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Hello & welcome, Beercorn! :)

I. LOVED. this. game! :D

Beercorn and Jar-Jar Binks like this.
  6. lukmaneg

lukmaneg Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2017
    Hello to you all. True- That game was great!

Beercorn and Lady Belligerent like this.
  7. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Beercorn likes this.
  8. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome to the boards Beercorn, we're all pretty friendly here, so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to shoot a PM to one of us, we'd be happy to help out!! ;)

EDIT: PS its Friday in Australia, PS, Happy Birthday mate ;)

Beercorn likes this.
  9. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome aboard! :)

I'm sorry, I'm tired and can't come up with anything what haven't been said above already. So... Have lots of fun!! :D

...and don't forget to get some rest by times. ;) :p

Beercorn likes this.
  10. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    A bit late but welcome to the JCF! I love your avi! Great artwork!

11. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
  12. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Good day to you, and welcome to the community.:)

13. theForceChangesYou

theForceChangesYou Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2017
    Welcome to the boards. Enjoy!