main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Good Morning!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Spacedeck, May 8, 2017.

1. Spacedeck

Spacedeck Jedi Padawan

May 7, 2017
    Hello from England!

Me, my girlfriend and our 15 month old daughter loves SW. I haven't had chance to read about the SW universe in the books yet but it's something I'm looking to achieve. For a good while now, we have watched the SW films on a regular basis. Over the past month, we've probably watched atleast one of the movies each day. Last night was Empire Strikes Back (my favourite) and A New Hope . My girlfriend prefers the prequels but mainly for Anakin and my daughter is a fan of Jar Jar Binks in Episode 1. We very recently attended our first Comic Con which was great fun and we could definitely feel the presence of Darth Vader ^:)^.

Funnily enough, I grew up disliking SW and I don't come from a family who was really into SW. Sometime in my early teens, I gave them a try and have loved them since. First SW movie I bought was Rogue One (NowTV has all the others to stream :D). I hadn't seen Rogue One before buying but I'm really happy to own it. I often play Battlefront on PC and love listening to the SW soundtracks as I play.

Looking forward to learning much more about what I love and joining the rest of you! Oh I'm also taking my time (between looking after the little one) to learn to draw. I'd love to be able to great amazing SW character art.

Guess that about sums it up :) have a nice day!

2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome aboard Spacedeck If you have any questions or need help navigating the forums, please let us know.

I have been a lifelong Star Wars fan and I am old enough to remember vividly the heddy days of May 1977 watching A New Hope. I wonder how cool it is to become a recent fan with all of the exciting things going on in the Star Wars Universe these days.

My youngest daughter is a Star Wars fan too. Even though she is a teenager, the wonder in her eyes in seeing the movies is awesome.

3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! Welcome to the community. :)

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  4. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Hello and welcome!! That's awesome your daughter likes Star Wars at such a young age!!

QueenSabe7 and Jar-Jar Binks like this.
  5. Spacedeck

Spacedeck Jedi Padawan

May 7, 2017
    I'm at the young age of 26! and my girlfriend two years younger. The only time I have seen SW at the cinema was when Revenge of the Sith came out. I pretty much made my family go watch it. They didn't exactly think it was great like I did o_O.

When my little one hears the opening theme come on, she stops what she's doing to watch the film. I think it's awesome seeing how she reacts to the films. Means I get to watch them more.

Thanks! I see so many discussions I don't know where to begin.

Indeed and I will make sure it continues throughout her life :D

Halle Dray and Bazinga'd like this.
  6. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Hello and welcome. :)

7. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001