main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Good music CD Mastering/Editing software

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Hunter's Luck, Feb 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hunter's Luck

Hunter's Luck Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 1999
    Who here can tell me a good Software program for Burning and Stripping? (Get your minds out of the gutter. ;) )

Anyway, I am looking for a good computer software program that can strip a song off an existing music CD and edit it to make the song shorter or longer depending on the time frame needed.

And if you know of one where the editing feature counts the editing by seconds or milli-seconds rather than bytes or some other nonsensical counting system that can't be easily converted to seconds.

2. MusicJedi

MusicJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2001
    I love soundforge. Sony's sonic foundry is an impressive program that I use heer at work. It is easy to use, and I believe it is close to industry standards. I prefer that one.

Spin Doctor comes wih Adaptech Cd burning software, and it rips and cleans real well.

3. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    I use sound forge to edit with as well, but not for burning or stripping. I use Easy CD Creator and an HP CD-R to burn, and MusicMatch to strip a track from CD to my computer. MusicMatch can turn a track into either an mp3 or wav, and can easily convert from one to the other. I find it much easier to use than winamp, myself.

4. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    For basic editing, I use premiere for WAV (much quicker and easier than WaveStudio) and Magix Music Generator for mp3 (although it can make them quieter. Always normalise before exporting)

5. Hunter's Luck

Hunter's Luck Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 1999
    Thanks to those who responded. I've tried Sound Forge and it was decent. Found a nice little shareware program called CD Copy. Nice.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.