main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Good News, Bad News

Discussion in 'Archive: Ft. Lauderdale, FL' started by Sinlock_Shad-dow, Jul 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinlock_Shad-dow

Sinlock_Shad-dow Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2001
    Hi Guys,

Well I have been putting this off long enough.

I never thought that the Group would have been so dispondent for this long.
    I know that things went badly at the opening for AOTC. But I also feel that it was just the straw the broke the banthas back.
    There has been stress between certain members in the leadership and members not in the leadership. (not myself) and it has gotten in the way of the group as a whole.

I know that my words will seem harsh to some. But I have talked to a few members myself. And no one is saying these things to the people who matter.
    So I have taken it apon myself to say it, Because the members of The Fandom Menance seem to have forgotten what FanForce is about. It is about having FUN with friends.

<So I'm sorry to say that I am resigning as a member of the Fandom Menance.>

I will still be friends with anybody who will still have my friendship.

--------------------------------------------
    THE GOOD NEWS
    --------------------------------------------

I have been working with the few members of the Fanforce Miami Group (all 3 of them).

We are proud to say that we will be having our frist meeting within the next week or so. As soon as we have counted the votes on the meeting place and time.

We would like to invite any Fandom Menance member who would like to attend. You do not have to want to join the Miami group. You just have to like Star Wars.

-------------------------------------------
    Axe,
    You can contact me by Email or through Stacy, so I can give you back your books and I can get my dice.
    -------------------------------------------

Thank you
    Your friend always,

Adam Collins. aka Sinlock Shad-dow

2. AxtonTredway

AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    I'm sorry to hear you're leaving, Sinlock. Even though, I, myself, have other priorities at the moment, it is very premature to assume that this group will no longer function and have "fun". Some of us have been "treading this way" for over three years now!...and a six week sabatical just doesn't seem that long to us from our perspective. If you are a new member, the active/non-active ratio of the club would appear inverted! I wish you the best of luck and I am sure you will always be welcomed among us. I also wish Miami Fanforce the best of luck...geographically, there should be no competitive issues.

Just remember one thing..."There is nothing so fragile as the beginning of a thing"

Best of luck,

-Axton Tredway

3. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Adam, I echo Axton's sentiments that you will always be welcome to join in any activity with us. We enjoy your company. The Fandomenace is having a short period of inactivity due to real life responsibilites. We hope to get into Sci-Fi mode again soon. I will keep everyone posted on details as I get them. In the meantime I encourage everyone who is interested to post often and keep in touch. We can have fun with this board and enjoy our love of Star Wars!

I wish those of you that are interested in joining the new Miami group luck. I hope that our groups can get together sometime.

4. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    A SW group in Miami? COol. Anyone in Ft.Lauderale?
    Mynn

5. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Hi Mynn, welcome to the Ft Lauderdale board. As I said in my previuos post The Fandomenace is experiencing a short period of down time due to real life responsibilities. We will be getting back into Sci-Fi mode soon. In the meantime, I encourage you to post as often as you like and join in any of our threads.

6. Riachia

Riachia Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    Hi! Mynn, I am Shu-Shu. We are getting back together as a group. We have been together as friends for a long time. I am hoping that the rest of the group will join me, my family and some of the members for Trek happening Aug.10 hope to meet you there.

7. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Peace be yours Shu-SHu,
    I will be attending Trek Happening X(Lord Willing) on Augsut 10th. I'll be glad to meet you. Maybe some of your friend and I can practice some deuling moves while I'm on break from duties. I'll be working w/ the local Star Trek group USS Triumph. Look for the shortest adult Jedi Padawan. :-D If you can, be in costume so I can identify you. When you guys spot me, feel free to walk right up to me and say hi.
    jauhzmynn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.