main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Good news, everyone - another (small part) cast member returns!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Captain_Typho, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Very pleased about this!

In the new issue of Star Wars insider, Producer Rick McCallum confirmed that actor Oliver Ford Davies (Who played Naboo Governor Sio Bibble in both Episodes 1 and 2) Was indeed present for the pickup shooting that took place in August. He said it's only a small part and that he has no dialouge but that he's been added just as a nice friendly familiar face that should stick out continuity wise when watching the 3 prequels back to back.

He's In!

:D

2. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Great...

So, is he going to do anything other than stand in the background?

3. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Probably not lol! But he's still there! Great to see an actor from TPM return! :)

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I'm glad they were able to "Sio Bibble" him in!

I'm changing the title to protect the hardcore spoilerfree.

5. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    I like this a lot. I would think Sio and Padmé would have a sort of father-daughter kinship, what with serving together during one of Naboo's darkest times.

And I'm glad he was on-set for the pickups, rather than having to digitally insert him like they did in AOTC.

6. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    What a wonderful man! After all of the controversy with the Hugh Quarshie not wanting to reprise his role in Attack of the Clones, I think that its just great that Oliver Ford Davies was willing to come to the set without a single line in the script! :D

:cool: Mace Windy,
    five years of windiness!

7. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Yeah, I think that says a lot about Davies as an individual. Even though he has no lines and probably isn't getting paid a lot, he cares enough about the character and the story to come on set for a day and make an appearance in the film!

Wonderful stuff! :D

8. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    And I'm glad he was on-set for the pickups, rather than having to digitally insert him like they did in AOTC.

:confused: Maybe I'm just reading that wrong, but he was on set for the AotC pickups too. He kept fluffing his lines.
    With it being bluescreen work, he was inserted digitally of course, but he was on set.

Or maybe I've completely misunderstood what you meant :p

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    He was on set for all three movies. For episodes 2 and 3, they Sio Bibble him into scenes previouslly filmed elsewhere. In Episode 3, they are Sio Bibbling him into a scene shot in Australia.

10. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    My guess... Padme's funeral [face_devil]

11. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    That would seem like the most logical place to have him be in the movie if Padme does indeed die. If she doesn't die, than perhaps he's just there along with keisha castle hughes' queen of nabbo as she talks with Padme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.