main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Good News Everyone! The return of Futurama?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Everton, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    It looks like it might well be on! [face_dancing]

The rumour's been circulating for at least a day now, I saw it on Can't Get Enough Futurama.

Four direct-to-DVD movies. It's not as good as a new batch of episodes, because the format will doubtless be longer requiring slightly different pacing... but still... can't complain. :D

2. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    It is pretty cool isn't it. The four movies open up all kinds of possibilities. After all Stewie Griffn - the untold story was originally going to precede the shows return to TV. Even when it didn't its effectively just three episodes put together (and is set to eventually be broadcast that way).

After I read the news on TVshowsonDVD.com I rushed over the Got Futurama to see their take. I liked how they pointed out that Billy has made similar statements in the past yet in those cases when they called Fox for a statement they always got a denial. This time however at least they didn't get a denial :p

Overall I'm excited. When Cohen or Fox officially announce it (which if they aren't commenting on it will probably be soon) I'll be really, really excited.

3. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Maybe if the first movies do well they'll give the last couple a theatrical release. Hopefully...

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

4. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I don't think so.

Theatrical is a totally different world from direct to DVD. That's kind of a "duh" statement but I meant in more then just terms of quality. A "revival" like this is well suited for a DVD release and should stay there for all intents and purposes.

The DVDs do well and it goes further towards getting back on the air. In fact since there has been separate rumors coming out of the DVD and broadcast television sections of Fox concerning the show coming back I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see some movement on the broadcast front before all four DVDs are released. :D

5. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    whats the release date for these straight to dvd movies?

6. weezer

May 16, 2001
    There is no release date as they technicaly haven't even been confirmed yet.

7. weezer

May 16, 2001
    No, they've been confirmed by Billy West who said that Cohen told him they were a go. Its not the first time that Billy has said something along those lines. Its definatly a good sign and admitedly more concrete then what he has gone off of in the past but it still just Billy West saying it. Like I said, its a good sign that Fox isn't denying it this time like they have in the past but there are various stages things have to go through so it isn't necessarly a done done deal yet and something could change.

Its a bit early to be talking release dates no mater how you look at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.