main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Good News For The Fans Of R5-D4

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Debo, Nov 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    I'm powerful enough to do that.

2. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Darth Wenley: Your second CZ-3 icon is wicked!! If that thing actually becomes available, I may have to change my JC name.

Could there still be hope for CZ-3? Perhaps we will see Ben land in Mos Eisley before he heads to the Lars homestead. If so, we might catch a glance of CZ-3. :)

3. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001
    Looke Looke.....

Jawa(s) w/ Salvage Cart and scavenged parts (Includes a small bin with pieces parts similar to the vintage Droid Factory)

I wonder is ole R5 would be included?

4. dArTh_wenley

Dec 10, 2001
    *** Fans of R5-D4 Unite! ***

R5-D4 has been doing extremely well in Droid Survivor and now it is down to the following Droids: R2-D2, R4-P17 and of course R5-D4... Help secure R5-D4's place in the finals and vote out R2-D2!

5. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    :)

I voted for him, lets hope he makes it.

6. dArTh_wenley

Dec 10, 2001
    Well, he made it! He won Droid Survivor! :D

Oh yea of little faith... :p

7. dArTh_wenley

Dec 10, 2001
  8. dArTh_wenley

Dec 10, 2001
  9. Darth_Honkin

Darth_Honkin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2001
    So...

The thread is silent. Debo is dwelling on memories. And Wenley has joined the Blue Yoda Society. (Excuse me for crossing movie lines here) When did Wenley the wise abandon wisdom for madness? My friends...R5 is still red and there is still much mystery to be discussed.

How sad it was to read SW3's post of how the joke has gotten old. Well, there are a lot of old jokes I still laugh at. Like the one where you ask someone what's on their shirt and they look down and you bonk them in the nose. HA HA HA...that one gets me just thinking about it. Sometimes I even do that to myself just to get a laugh outta me. Whooo!

How's this for questions...Who was that red droid that helped with the cleanup on Endor after the second Death Star blew up? And do you really think Wedge and Lando were responsible for that?

And for you fans of the darker side...do you think the Tuskins just happened to find Shmi Skywalker out collecting mushrooms by the vaporators? I don't think so. Could R5 possibly be the reason behind the fall of Anakin Skywalker? Could he possibly be an agent of Palpatine abandoned to a fate of putting up with Tatooine Jawas after his job was done? hmmmm.

Anyway, I'm back...and there are a million things we can do to kick this thread back into gear...but shutting it down is not something that needs to be done.

Put out the call...Sandjo, Wenley, SW3, Horse_Droid, Debo, all those under the influence of the red...it's time to rise up and show the world that our yellow missiles aren't just for putting people's eyes out.

10. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I [face_love] R5-D4... :)

11. SW3TheHolidaySpecial

SW3TheHolidaySpecial Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2001
  12. Darth_Honkin

Dec 1, 2001
    Ok...short sentences are a start. there's life in this thing yet. HOw's it bee goin SW3. It saddened me to see you lose hope. My friend. Hang in there and we will perservere to 2,000!!!

13. dArTh_wenley

Dec 10, 2001

What is so bad about me joining the BYS?! :p

Lets give this thread a new motivator!

R5-D4 is back in fashion! :cool:

I might find the time to do some more "write-ups" ;)

14. Darth_Honkin

Dec 1, 2001
    Ahh...Wenley my old friend. There is nothing wrong with you joining the BYS. It's just that (and excuse me for crossing movie lines again...it's just that I have been immersing myself in the LOTR extended edition lately.) There is but one Yoda...and he does not share color.

No, I think it's cool that you are a part of that other movement. But, don't forget your roots. Once you start down the red path forever will it dominate your destiny.

Anywho, whilst watching the ole Ep. II DVD the other day...I had a thought. What if Palpatine...knowing the average motivator lifespan of an R5 unit sent R5-D4 to Tatooine to lead a band of Tuskin Raiders to Shmi. Thinking that R5 would never last long enough to let anyone on his plan. Palps left him there to rust. Well, we all know what happened. R5 went on to get his revenge by blowing up not one but two Death Stars.

Also, did you notice on the commentary that NOTHING was said about our hero. I chalk that up to reverence for the droid. All of the guys doing commentary were just so blown away with R5 they let the scene speak for itself.

15. dArTh_wenley

Dec 10, 2001

I will always remember my roots Honkin, this thread means so much to me... :p

I even bought R5-D4 to the BYS... I'll talk a little more about what R5-D4 gets up to later... ;)

A question: Are you guys going to be spoiled or spoiler free for Episode 3? [face_mischief]

16. SW3TheHolidaySpecial

Oct 19, 2001
    well ya know guys this is now the only thread worth posting in on the AOTC forum....

17. dArTh_wenley

Dec 10, 2001

It is good to see this on the first page again! ;)

I repeat, Are any of you going unspoiled for Episode 3?

18. SW3TheHolidaySpecial

Oct 19, 2001
    Not me,being spoiled for Episode 2 made it a better experience so I'll be enjoying E3 spoilers.

19. SW3TheHolidaySpecial

Oct 19, 2001
    Not me,being spoiled for Episode 2 made it a better experience so I'll be enjoying E3 spoilers.

20. dArTh_wenley

Dec 10, 2001

I have sent out PM's to many of our former regulars! :D

21. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Hey, Honkin! Long time no see.

How are all you mates doing?

22. dArTh_wenley

Dec 10, 2001

R5-D4 AND BLUE YODA

Two Classic Images?.

[image=http://www.asterix.co.nz/r5/pictures/images/15.gif]
    [image=http://www.asterix.co.nz/r5/pictures/images/16.jpg]

Why can?t we get along?[/i][/b][hr][/blockquote]

In the beginning, there were two humor threads in the [b]Attack of the Clones Forum[/b]

[blockquote][li][link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=2021350&page=1][color=red]Yarael Poof is my Dad[/color][/link][/li]
    [li][link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=4739151&page=1][color=red]Good News for the Fans of R5-D4[/color][/link][/li][/blockquote]

These two threads lived in harmony, respecting one another and giving the AOTC Spoilers their daily humour intake.

[image=http://www.asterix.co.nz/r5/pictures/images/12.gif]

Then one May 2002 day, a user named [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=679620][color=darkslateblue]chewycharmy[/color][/link] posted the infamous [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=6832842&page=1][color=darkslateblue] yoda a different color[/color][/link] thread.

Very soon the new [b][color=blue]Blue Yoda Society[/b][/color] started looking for new members.

They had already spam attacked the [b]Poof Thread[/b] and [b]The_Nameless_one[/b] warned us of their imamate arrival.

After annoying us to no end, and dooming our new thread in Miscellaneous, [b]Outpost R5[/b], they grew more responsible and put a stop to the postings in other threads.

The three threads were able to make peace.

[image=http://www.asterix.co.nz/blueyoda/images/r5.jpg]

But that wasn?t the end of the R5-D4 and Blue Yoda history books.

[b]dArTh_wenley[/b], a notible R5-D4er joined the BYS.

Once his training was complete, he was awarded the title of [b][color=darkviolet]The Magnificant Purple Headed Warrior of the BYS[/b][/color]

One of his first theories that he had had to do for his training was on the subject of R5-D4 turning blue?

[blockquote][hr][i] [b]Darth Wenley?s CrAzY Blue Yoda Theory #2

[color=blue]Blue Yoda Hid Inside R5-D4! [/b]

Now, it is very certain that there will be a great ?Jedi Purge? or to put it in lamen terms, ?Jedi Mad Slaughter House?. It is also undeniable that Yoda will travel to dagobah to escape the ?Kill Frenzy?. Now the Yoda that we see on Dagobah his Green. Chewycharmy, the great prophet who we all owe so much tells us that Yoda is blue In Episode 3. The missing link between the two episodes is why Yoda becomes Green again on Dagobah.

Assuming that Obi-wan drops off baby Luke on Tatooine, it would be safe to speculate that Yoda would come too, for the extra protection of the baby. It is there that Yoda finds R5-D4?
    Now, R5-D4 is always seen in different colours. Before Episode 2 he was Orange. When he was blown out into space, he turned red due to the heat, and we see a red R5 in Episode 2.

[image=http://www.asterix.co.nz/r5/droids/06.jpg]

[b]Orange R5[/b]

Yoda believed R5-D4 would be the best place to hide, for the timebeing. He lifted up R5?s dome and hopped inside? R5-D4 was now Blue!

[image=http://www.asterix.co.nz/blueyoda/bluer5.gif]

And he hid in R5-D4 for many years! Then R5-D4, and an innocent Gonk Droid (who had also turned blue from Yoda?s great power) were captured by Jawa?s?

[image=http://www.asterix.co.nz/r5/pictures/images/09.gif]

A few days later, R2-D2 was added to the Jawa?s droid collection. Yoda could sense the great blueness that R2-D2 possessed, and realised that he could be utilised. But R2?s blueness came at a price. R2 absorbed all the blueness of anyone in his presence, including Yoda. It was here that Yoda returned to Green.

We all know when R5-D4 ?blows his motivator?. In fact, he is not blowing his motivator at all! It is simply Yoda (lets call him Skippy ;) ) emerging out of R5-D4 and venturing into R2-D2.

He stays in R2 until R2 falls into the swamp at Dabobah. And then we all know what happens from then on?[/color] [/i][hr][/blockquote]

One of the main concepts of the BYS was of

23. Sandjo_Koharr

Sandjo_Koharr Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Honkin! Welcome back! (P.S. Thanks for the PM Wenley).

Yes, it is good to see activity on the Good News thread (as well as seeing alot of the regulars back).

I too am now associated with the BYS. Although I haven't had any time to devote to my Padawan tasks lately [face_mischief]
    Just another member loyal to good ole Red who has learned to co-exist with the Blue.

24. SW3TheHolidaySpecial

Oct 19, 2001
    For some reason the BYS likes me to post in their thread.Crazy dudes.

25. dArTh_wenley

Dec 10, 2001

Look R5-D4 Lego! :D

[image=http://www.galacticbrick.com/pics/mf_c_arfive.jpg]

And TK327, I know you are out there... I finally got you a CZ-3 uploaded! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.