Good News For The Fans Of R5-D4

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by Debo, Nov 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XR73627794 Jedi Master

star 4
    About time he got his own Lego figure.
  2. Darth_Honkin Jedi Master

star 1
    Great work as always Wenley. As for the answer to your question. I have to go spoiler free for episode three. By spoiler free I mean that I only want to know what Lucas wants us to know going into the movie. I had a blast putting all the peices together for AOTC, but the movie wasn't as fun. So, for III I'm gonna have to be spoiler free. Just to make the midnight movie madness that much more enjoyable.

3. dArTh_wenley Jedi Grand Master

star 5

[image=http://www.hillside.co.uk/glyn/dark/droid.gif]

Hmmmmm.....
  4. Darth_Honkin Jedi Master

star 1
    Happy Holidays from Ouptost R5!!!!

For those of you seeing this thread for the first time, I realize that wading through almost 60 pages of posts can get tedious.

Let me encourage you to check back through and pay special attention to the posts made by Darth_Wenley. His posts will help get you caught up on all the fun that we've been having on this thread since that fateful day when Debo proclaimed, "He's back! And this time he won't disappoint you!"

To all of you who post here regularly, Merry Christmas!!! (Unless that offends you...of course, if you are offended there's something wrong. I mean if Peace on Earth and Goodwill toward men offends you then you've got psychological problems so deep that you can't get at them with a jackhammer.) It's been a great ride through two Holiday seasons and I'm looking forward to many more.
  5. dArTh_wenley Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Thanks Honkin. [face_blush]

I remember my first R5-D4 christmas, I remember posting Merry Whatever you celebrate around this time or something to that effect. :D

May we have many more!

I shall post something special on christmas day. ;)
  6. DarthWeenie Jedi Master

star 4
    There is a band called "Servotron" that come out on stage in huge robot outfits, and speak like 1960's robots, and only sing robot songs about obliterating humans and waging a robot vs. human war.

They have a cool "Ode to R5-D4" song. It talks about his great sacrifice and how he is one of the great martyrs of the robot society, an inspiration to them all.

Just thought you guys might like to know. Maybe you can download it from KaZaa or something.
  7. Darth_Honkin Jedi Master

star 1
    Thanks Weenie...I'm checking it out right now...if I find it online I'll tell you guys and we may have found something to put a spark of life in the ole thread.
  8. DarthWeenie Jedi Master

star 4
    P.S.
    The name of the song is Red Robot Refund.

They also do homage songs about other famous robots, like Vicky from Small Robot, and even a death threat to Short Circuit's Johnny 5 (They have no tolerance for robots who are NICE to human beings. They only sing about the annihilation of the human race.)
  9. dArTh_wenley Jedi Grand Master

star 5

That is really cool! Thankyou very much for the Info. :)
  10. Darth_Honkin Jedi Master

star 1
    Haven't been able to find "Red Robot Refund" online...but I will keep looking, I'd love to hear it. What genre of music do these guys play? Are the lyrics explicit? If that's the case, I'd rather not give a listen.
  11. DarthWeenie Jedi Master

star 4
    The lyrics are totally clean. Its in the 1950's style of robot talk. And same for the destruction talk. Not a so much as a "hell" in any of their songs.

If I post pictures of these guys in concert, you would freak out. Can you tell me how to post a pic?

I downloaded that song from KaZaa. 75% of this bands stuff is only on vinyl. My brother owns about 12 vinyls and cds. Id like to know how to post a pic, or a link to a downloadable version of the song.

Keep looking. If you cant find it, I'll email you the mp3.
  12. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Ah R5-D4, I remember back in the day when this sweet little girl used to pertend that the R5 toy was a girlfriend for R2-D2...

LOL, that's great! R2 has a girl!

13. dArTh_wenley Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Weenie: To post an Image, simply type [image=[b](Address of Image here)[/b]] but it needs to be hosted on a website.

DarthBoba: I remember a sweet little boy playing with his toys pretenting that R5-D4 was R2-D2's EVIL BROTHER!! [face_devil]
  14. Sandjo_Koharr Jedi Knight

star 3
    and the thread goes UP.

Can I get an amen?
  15. dArTh_wenley Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Amen!

[image=http://www.asterix.co.nz/r5/pictures/11.gif]

:D
  16. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
  17. dArTh_wenley Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Which is cooler?

[image=http://www.fbtb.net/customs/ta/ta37.jpg]

Do I even have to ask??! :p
  18. DARK_SCORE Force Ghost

star 4
    [image=http://members.aol.com/toyimage2/Attack_R5D4/NO_ATTACK_R5-D4.GIF]

:eek: :eek: :eek:
  19. dArTh_wenley Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Look Kids, Its THE SCORE! :)

Haven't seen you in these parts for a while buddy! ;)
  20. Master Salty Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It warms my heart to see this thread again.
  21. Darth_Honkin Jedi Master

star 1
    How 'bout things haven't been too kickin' round here. I think it's time to up the anty and let you all in on a little secret.

Jango Fett isn't dead!!!

It's true. Jango Fett actually transferred his consciousness into his helmet right before he died. When Boba picked up the helmet and kept it with him, he didn't realize that he was carting the very soul of his father around with him.

When Boba went to Tatooine to initially seek employment from Jabba the Hutt, Jango threw his consciousness into a nearby droid that was innocently trundling by. Thus was born MR. ATTACK R5. What do you guys think?
  22. darth-sauld Jedi Padawan

Hey, R5 fans... my www.R5-D4.com domain will be expiring in June. I don't think I'll be doing anything with this site in the next year, and I thought that maybe someone else would like to take a stab at it.

Anyone want to take up the torch? While the exising www.R5-D4.com site is a fair representation of the most brilliant droid in the Galaxy, I bet that many of you (with more spare time on your hands) could do better than I have done.

Any takers? I'll transfer the name over to someone who is:

1. Responsible and mature enough to maintain the www.R5-D4.com domain with the respect and dignity it deserves.
    2. Able to make regular updates (unlike the lazy webmaster who owns it now - me.)
    3. Willing to pay me the $20 I'm asking for purchase of the name.

E-mail me if you're interested. You can find my email address at www.scottauld.com .

-SA
  23. dArTh_wenley Jedi Grand Master

star 5

[image=http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2003/03/img/st_r5d4_sm.jpg]

R5-D4 is a down-on-his luck astromech that is first seen in A New Hope with an explosively faulty motivator. While he has gotten away from the Jawas, the carbon scoring on his shell reveals he's still working a hard existence. This edition of R5-D4, true to its theme park incarnation, features a unique head design.

Click

:eek:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.