main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Good News For The Fans Of R5-D4

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Debo, Nov 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Yes, I remember that, Sapient -- they were freaky. Maybe they felt they were worth something by swarming around you.

2. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Don't get me wrong, I have a warm spot in my heart for R5. But the droid I want to see most in the PT is CZ-3

3. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    You see that droid, kids? That's why you should never sniff glue.

4. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001

[face_laugh] -- good grief, where did that come from? This must be the first time ever I've seen that droid. CZ-3. Must be a 'special addition'. From now on he'll be known as 'Hyper Droid'.

5. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Good ole CZ-3 has been there since the beginning. He's my fav. Just found out on the OS that Daniels played him. Nifty!

6. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    What! I didn't know that.

Will R5-D4 be the only returning OT droid, or will we get to see more of them -- all pre-rust, pre-damaged, et cetera?

7. DARK_SCORE

DARK_SCORE Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2000
    What about the Gonk droid? Weren't they in TPM too?!?

There's no way you'd ever guess there was a little guy in one of those boxes...

8. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Gonk were named 'Gonk' because they made that sound, right?

Now, I wonder: does CZ-3 say "Seezee-three" now and then?

THIS JUST IN. Look who we have there, bottom right.

Still no R5-D4.

EDIT: This sounds like Rick McCallum: A sun-addled humanoid droid found in the streets of Mos Eisley, this particular mechanical has been spotted vacantly meandering through the corridors of the port city.

9. DARK_SCORE

Oct 26, 2000
    Can we lobby Hasbro for a better action figure of R5 now do you think?

That rocket launcher one with the poles coming out of his legs was total w**k...

10. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    There was one with a rocket launcher??

What kind of animal gives a defect droid with a bad motivator a rocket launcher?

No wonder all hell broke loose in that Galaxy.

11. DARK_SCORE

Oct 26, 2000
    Perhaps the fact that he had a rocket launcher crammed into his rusting metal innards was a major cause of that bad motivator?

I know that if someone stuck a rocket launcher up my arse I'd certainly have more than a little trouble walking... and I'd probably fart orange smoke - like our little friend R5!!!

12. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001

[face_laugh]

It would be fun to see him wreak havoc in AOTC with his rocket launcher.

13. DARK_SCORE

Oct 26, 2000
    You could make a whole feature film about R5 and his rocket launcher. That would be cool...

... Right, I'm outta the office now. Debo, you are a funny man! :D

14. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    What? I was being serious! :p

15. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Hahahaha, check this -- 4th quarter.

16. Gorm_the_Dissolver

Gorm_the_Dissolver Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    What is this thread doing on page 3??? I have resurrected R5-D4, so that a new(bie) generation of fans can wallow in his amazing self pity. Remember friends:

"R5-D4 is the thinking man's R2-D2"

17. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    R5-D4 is the thinking man's R2-D2

Can the same be said for CZ-3 with respect to C-3P0? Perhaps not.

18. Gorm_the_Dissolver

Dec 4, 2001
    No it cannot, as:

"CZ-3 is the DRINKING man's C-3PO"

It's pretty obvious that droid isn't all there.

19. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Thanks, Gorm, for keeping the thread alive. As soon as R5-D4's bad motivator has been fixed, he'll send you a thank-you note.

R5-D4 is the thinking man's R2-D2.

And again, for it's so true:

R5-D4 is the thinking man's R2-D2.

And CZ-3? Alas, TK, the CZ-3 Glue Sniffer Droid just doesn't have it. Sure, had he exploded the moment Luke and Ben passed him, the Galaxy would have suffered a different fate, but the same goes for Gonk, and for Mos Espa Alien #34, and for every damn creature that ever showed his cheap rubber mask and tablecloth costume in ANH.

To stay on topic: anyone any idea about R5's appearance? Will he look as in ANH? Or different; newer, shinier?

20. GENERALMURMUR

GENERALMURMUR Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2001
    I, for one, am not a fan of such a droid. It is merely a plot device for Lucas to be "cute", right?

I mean, I love everything Lucas does, but him being cute is where I draw the line. Like the E/T's in TPM - what a joke.

Lucas should stick to what he does best, screenwriting, directing and talking in a low, barely audible voice, am I right, or am I wrong, peoples?

21. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Well, you're right about Lucas -- but not about R5-D4.

I wouldn't call him "cute" -- at least, not on this forum. In private, yes; in public, no. But not Ewok-ish cute.

Still, I wonder: is R5 going to look any different than in ANH? C3-PO looked different, R2 didn't.

22. Gorm_the_Dissolver

Dec 4, 2001
    No problem Debo, i'll be waiting with baited breath for that message. Now where's my beginners guide to speaking droid...?

23. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    I've translated it for you Astromechian-English:

Dear Gorm,

Thank you for your kind words. Much appreciated. I am indeed the thinking man's R2-D2.

As an unimportant, superfluous, worthless and ugly Star Wars character, I did have my own action figure, but when I found out even Prune Face had been immortalized in plastic, that didn't mean that much to me anymore.

Perhaps you have seen the R2-D2 documentary "Beneath the Dome". Hopefully, that will diminish the R2 cult somewhat and help people realize that, hadn't I faked a 'bad motivator', the Galaxy would have looked completely different. Well, a long time ago that is. Might not have mattered that much in the long term.

OK, I have to stop now, since I just found out I don't have arms to write with. Anyway, you might want to visit this. Hopefully, you enjoy it.

Yours sincerily,

[signed]

R5-D4

24. Gorm_the_Dissolver

Dec 4, 2001
    *Cries* This is the happiest day of my life!*Cries some more*

EDIT: I am just here to let you know that even though I may cry once in a while, Gorm the Dissolver is still the meanest bounty hunter in the universe. Mwahahahahahaha! Did you not know that I wear the left forearm of the evil Trandoshan 'Vultar the Ugly' on my person? Well you do now! No one messes with Gorm and escapes. Except perhaps Greedo, but that was a lucky shot. Anyway, now I am off to hunt down and capture R5-D4, for I must have him as my personal slave! Mwahahahahahahaaa......I err mean pet. Aww he's so cute.

*End Transmission*

25. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    I hope you can track him. Then we can ask him what his role in AOTC is. It better be good! Cameos and winks to the audience will not be appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.