main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Good Old Games - The Geriatric Steam

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by SoloCommand, Jul 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Blood was awesome.

Anyway I'd be keen for several games on that list, esp. if the price is good. Always wanted to try Die By the Sword.

2. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Anyone get access yet? They sent out the first few thousand codes.

3. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Only a few thousand? Not everyone got one? I got mine, by e-mail. I thought we would all get the same.

4. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    They're sending them out in waves, I believe.

5. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    [image=http://www.piterwilson-toys.com/wcsmt/gif/2008/08/29/1220049896.gif]

6. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Excellent.

7. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
  8. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Maybe it's just the keyboard controls but I never realized how hard Descent is, even on Rookie.

9. Subach

Subach Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2008
    YESYESYESYES

I've been looking every-freakin-where for a copy of that game at a reasonable price.

10. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    http://www.gametap.com/play/gameDetails/000151550

11. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    Merry Xmas, everyone.

My gift is to tell you GOG has two free games available. ;)

12. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    GIVE US DAGGERFALL!

13. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    whoa... two free games?

picked up freespace2, which i'd always wanted to play. already had the original, and now i have both. with upgraded graphics thanks to the open source thing. AWESOME GAME!

:snoopy

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    bumparino

15. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
  16. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    From the main page:

ORIGNAL MESSAGE:
    Dear GOG users,

We have recently had to give serious thought to whether we could really keep GOG.com the way it is. We've debated on it for quite some time and, unfortunately, we've decided that GOG.com simply cannot remain in its current form.

We're very grateful for all support we've received from all of you in the past two years. Working on GOG.com was a great adventure for all of us and an unforgettable journey to the past, through the long and wonderful history of PC gaming.

This doesn't mean the idea behind GOG.com is gone forever. We're closing down the service and putting this era behind us as new challenges await.

On a technical note, this week we'll put in place a solution to allow everyone to re-download their games. Stay tuned to this page and follow us on Twitter and Facebook for updates.

All the best,
    GOG.com Team

UPDATE 20.09.2010
    First of all, we apologize everyone for the whole situation and closing GOG.com. We do understand the timing for taking down the site caused confusion and many users didn't manage to download all their games. Unfortunately we had to close the service due to business and technical reasons.

At the same time we guarantee that every user who bought any game on GOG.com will be able to download all their games with bonus materials, DRM-free and as many times as they need starting this Thursday.

The official statement from GOG.com's management concerning the ongoing events is planned on Wednesday. If you want to receive further information about GOG.com, please send an email to update_media@gog.com if you're a media representative or to update_users@gog.com if you're a user without a GOG account.

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh. :(

17. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Rumor has it that this is a really really bad publicity stunt. GOG has been in "beta" since it opened, and most people believe that the beta is ending and the new site will be pretty different.

18. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I'm really hoping for Steam intergration.

19. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    that's kinda strange since they were still selling stuff less than five days ago. and, ya know, i didn't see that on the front page or news when i was on the site. probably a publicity stunt. hopefully.

20. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    I can't really see that happening since it is basically the Steam of old games, as the thread title indicates. Also, Steam already sells some of the games they have so wouldn't there be a conflict?

21. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Looks like this may be in fact a publicity stunt. They posted a link to a video and if you pause it between 0:12 and 0:13 you see something very interesting:

[image=http://i.neoseeker.com/n/7/b1b9495d2cec07f147fd9b9d72314197c8c2680c.png]

More info and screenshots here.

22. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Hell just the fact that they have Freespace I/II on there I'll support this and maybe buy them. Granted I have both games but I would buy them again just to support the effort. I remember the Freespace games encouraged people that purchased the game to redistribute it amongst the community, pretty ballsy of them.

23. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I wants Balders Gate, and if they get X-Wing and TIE Fighter I will die and go to heaven.

24. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    Yep.

25. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    baldur's gate followed by like the holy grail of RPGs planescape: torment. doubt they'll be topping that week of releases... well ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.