LA, CA Good or lucky things that happened at work today....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Bubba Jedi Master

star 4
    basically, this is the opposite thread of Questions, Complaints or issues...

OK, I start: Today, our property management company (for the building) bought the In-N-Out van for the whole building. Got two double-doubles, chips, and one coke for free!

My friend found $2.00 (or a two dollar bill? not sure) on the street yesterday.
  2. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes! Also, don't forget that an attractive woman turned around, smiled and said hi to me today. Although I am now very happily married.

I'm now off to see ROTS again. It's good but not during work hours.
  3. CountDuku3126 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I wish that I owned In and Out that would be so awesome.
  4. AniPadmeLurker Jedi Master

star 4
    :rolleyes: Oh billy.

Anyway. Lucky: i actually got out of work at 3, and didn't get extended!

and yesterday the ride shut down and i called it! so lucky.
  5. Darth-Bubba Jedi Master

star 4
    I think my buddy got a free cookie today for doing something with a computer....
  6. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We got a new color laser printer at work today. It's not mine, but I get to use it.
    (I'm trying to be positive).
    I had lunch at Yoshinoya. What's lucky about that you say? In Japan, they have Yoshinoya, but they don't have the famous beef bowl anymore. They pride themselves on using US beef only. But Japan has a ban on US beef due to mad cows. So here in the US we can enjoy Yoshinoya Beef Bowls.
  7. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    3 good things happened at work so far today.

1. I got to use every weight and cardio machine I wanted in the gym.
    2. I got free cookies to counter act the work done at the gym. That may not have been good.
    3. A co-worker of mine gave me three action figures from the ROTS line.
  8. crazybirdman Force Ghost

star 4
    They replaced the lightbulbs in the bathroom. Now I can do crossword puzzles in there again.
  9. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    4. I just learned today that we get to go home early on Friday! Yippie!
  10. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think I mentioned that I got a new flat panel monitor today. That was pretty cool.
  11. Elensara Jedi Master

star 4
    The last several days at work (um, every day I work there), I got free chocolate. Last time I worked (Friday), the fruit didn't sell for some reason so I got like 8 strawberries and 6 berry cups, as well as a discontinued box of truffles to take home. This is not quite a good thing for one trying not to expand a little belly, but my parents and sister really enjoy it (my mom now wants me to consider a career at Godiva).
  12. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Chocolate covered strawberries are so delicious. I had an ex who used to buy them for me. Mr. DH will buy them when he finds them. Hmmm... I want to find some now.
  13. Darth-Bubba Jedi Master

star 4
    So, for eight weeks, the "regular sports connection on 350 N. Brand" is being remodeled. Because of this, they are sending all of us peasants to "Super Sports", at 450 N. Brand. So, I am getting upgraded to the nice nice gym for eight weeks, for the cpmpetitive price of free!

I found this news yesterday. Too bad my knees are still aching.

My good news for the day. :)
  14. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I got more cookies today at work.
  15. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I had lunch with some friends today. Oh and JR came along also. :D
  16. DarthMommy Jedi Master

star 2
    Today was a lucky day in my usual job as padawan manager-the lady at Krispy Kreme gave us an extra free hot glazed donut. I thought that was very jolly of her.
  17. Darth-Bubba Jedi Master

star 4
    Off to 12:10 Dodger game today. GO PADRES! Got lucky, compnay seats. J-R knows, they are close!!! Have a good day everybody.
  18. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    There are people in my office going to that game DB. The rest of us are going out to lunch today then we are going to a going away party for this lady in our department who has been here 15 years or something.
  19. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I was pre-approved for a new car loan so I can go out and spend money. Crazy!
  20. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Best way to pay for a car = Home Equity Line of Credit. I forgot to tell you that. It takes a while to get one though. But the good thing is that the interest is deductible!
  21. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That is an idea but I feel weird about connecting my car to my house. Now I'm going through vanity plate ideas. I was going to pre-order one but what happens if I get a super deal on a car that isn't exactly the right color? Do I take the car or do I hold out and pay more money for the color?
  22. Darth-Bubba Jedi Master

star 4
    Please do not Haskett this thread. See subject line above.
  23. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I didn't get to post all the good fortune I had at work yesterday because I was enjoying it so much. We had a lunch at a great restaurant yesterday (I didn't have to pay), then we had a party yesterday afternoon (I got lots of free cake), then I got the first 5 seasons of the HBO show OZ on dvd for free, and then finally I got to see a free movie.

So yesterday was pretty good here at Sony. No complaints
  24. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Today the current mayor (for less than 24 hours) gave a free BBQ lunch for all City employees. I skipped it because I figured it would be bedlam.
  25. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Our office's coffee committee, of which I'm a member, treated everyone to a pizza lunch today. Yay pizza.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.