main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Good or lucky things that happened at work today....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I drank beers at Sharkeez in Manhattan Beach, and ate tacos.
    It was cool. My co-workers took me.

The showed the world cup on all the screens, and baseball.

2. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I got my SD trolley 3 day pass for ComicCon today! Although I might crash with DB and SR for the weekend, I might still need to use it, just in case.

3. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Yesterday The Crowbar won a portable DVD player at my job

4. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    How did she win something at your job?

5. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    :confused: I don't know. It doesn't make sense to me either

6. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    That's great for CB. Today, I wore an "Aloha shirt" to work because, well, I'm a bit behind in my ironing. It turned out several others wore Aloha shirts also. I've decided everyone should wear one in two weeks because it will be a Friday and a co-worker who did not wear one despite the fact that all of the others in her group did, will be off next Friday so she would not be able to participate if it is next Friday. Any way, I have the Aloha spirit now.

JR's old boss commented on my shirt this morning and said it looked nice. He asked if it was Aloha shirt day and I confessed that I did not have anything ironed. He laughed. Mr. DH also wore one of his new Aloha shirts. I felt bad about recommending that he wear one because he ended up having to go to a meeting with our Deputy Engineer this morning who always comes in a suit. Oh well.

7. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I was told that wearing the colorful print Hawaiian Aloha shirts was a tradition every Friday here at Sony. That was before my time, but you can tell that some people still keep the spirit and wear theirs. I don't have a shirt like that.

Maybe when I go to Hawaii later this year I will get one.

8. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Leaving in an hour to go to a screening! [face_dancing]

9. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    We did a draw for the last 16 of the world cup, I said I wanted England, reached into the hat and pulled out England!

10. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Too bad there not gonna make it. Viva Mexico/Brasil/Italia!!!

11. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    All of our VPs are in Ojai for the annual board retreat. Yea, we're in charge! I took a two hour lunch to shop at Amoeba and eat at the Arclight Cafe.

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Cool JN, that's sounds like fun. I went on a two hour lunch to go and pick up my Vader bust at Entertainment Earth.

13. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Sorry, Argentina is going to clean Mexico's clock [face_laugh]. I say this because one of my co-workers is from Argentina and says they will run the Mexican team ragged. He is a nice guy and knows his soccer so I have to believe what he says :).

14. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Argentina will kick Mexico out of the football world cup easily.

15. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I wasn't techically at work, since I work for a school and am off for a month, but I'm doing home improvements and was shopping for project supplies so maybe it counts. Anyway...
    I had a scary (but ended up all good) thing happen to me today. I was walking in the parking lot of Lowe's and I guess I didn't walk fast enough for this 20 something punk in his full sized truck. He swerved towards me to scare me (according to witnesses, he didn't miss me by much) then overcorrected the other way, jumped the curb, hit a huge decorative rock, got all 4 tires off the ground and bounced a few times. He ended up parking around the side of the building and a few people went after him. They said his front right tire was push up inside of the wheel well and he had major undercarriage damage. After thanking God that this idiot didn't hit me or take out some family standing on the curb I thanked Him for the sweet justice this guy got!!! One person called the police and three others came rushing up to me to make sure I was all right. So, even though there is one major idiot out there, I meet four concerned people that were very kind. I like that ratio!! It's all good!

16. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Sweet story JediFan! Thank goodness you weren't hurt!

17. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Glad you weren't hurt, but why didn't the guy just give you a quick honk of his horn,"Please, move over, Miss." I find stuff like that happens all the time in the supermarket. A simple, "Excuse me," isn't going to nuke your vocal chords, and will cause most polite people to move the heck out of your way.

Anyhow, Good or lucky things at work topic, right? Is funny close enough?
    One of the High School coaches in my district is really named David Crockett! I wonder if he's related to the original.

18. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    My son is!

19. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    A High School coach?

20. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    ...related to Davy Crockett! :p

21. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I had lunch at Hooters today. It was fun. Much better than eating at the Mexican food shack down the street.

22. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I had lunch with JB. That's always good. It almost rained on us. That would have been bad.

23. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Today I saw SR rolling a GINORMOUS roll of bubble wrap past my door...It was bigger than a truck tire!

And yes he let me pop a few of 'em!

24. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    It was rather large.
    We had free bar b que.

25. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I didn't go to work today, but I put in new brake pads on my car. My old brake pads were worn all the way down to the backing plate. No wonder it was so screechy! I also need new tires. I'm gonna go with some cheap ones 'cause I have no money right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.