main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Good or lucky things that happened at work today....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I love bubble wrap! With enough bubble wrap I could quit smoking, lose 20 lbs.
    Why with enough bubble wrap, who knows --- I could bring peace and order back to the galaxy. (Mwahahah.)

2. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
  3. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Wow. I can honestly say that there is a website for everything.
    Can I go home now?

4. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Yes, but (sigh) it's just not the same.

5. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I'm leaving at 2pm!!!!!!!!! and I got my cross drilled rotors for my Sentra!!!!!! Now all I need is a cute girl at my place with sake and Cabernet...

6. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Oh , well, I didn't have to come to work Friday --- and I'm taking the day off tomorrow, too. So there!

7. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Cross-Drilled rotors for your Sentra?!? WTHeck? Are you planning on stuffing in an SR20 sideways into your car? Anyway, that's cool.. I respect any modification to your car that will make it perform better.

No good things to report at work today. There are more people here than I was anticipating. Man, if I hadn't been drinking all weekend, I would suggest some kind of happy hour hookup for tonight. But I need to go home and paint the family room.

8. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    [face_hypnotized] it's a long day!

9. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I didn't know so many people would be working today. :( My boss gave us today off due to the holiday tomorrow.

10. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Traffic was simply wonderful this morning! Thank you to everyone who stayed home today (or went out of town & haven't returned.)

11. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I think just about everyone who went to work today wished they took the day off. I wanted to but thought everyone else was going to so I came in to make sure someone was in. Well, practically the whole group was there. I felt like such a loser to have to be at work today.

I guess the good thing is I unloaded some merchandise to my worthless co-worker. I will unload the rest on Wednesday.

12. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Ya, I got them off ebay from a place in Canada. The box said "240SX w/ABS" but when I matched up the bolt patters compared them to my stock rotors, they're a perfect match and fit. Unfortunately I won't be stuffing an SR20 because I love the fuel economy of the 1.8 non turbo, and even though it's automatic, 'Lilith' is still a fun car to drive. I will though be saving up for my 240Z/260Z/280Z or ZX after Comic Con. I'm also gonna buy LED tail lights and I'm thinking of getting the Nismo S-Tune suspension for my car.
    All in due time though...

NP, I'm surprised that you got friday and not monday off. When I was in HS, we either got the friday after or the monday before the 4th off. But then that was HS, and not the working world. It's cool though. I got paid for 8hrs even though I was there for like 5.

13. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I put gas in my car.

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I got some free tickets to the opening night of Outfest and to the after party. They are $75 tickets so I hope there are good things to eat and drink at the after party. This by the way is tomorrow.

In other work news today starts Wolfgang Puck's catering here at the studio. JB and I will be having lunch at our favorite restaurant. However JB, I was just there and it still smells like wet paint. I don't know if we will be able to stay in, but it's such a nice day that eating outside sounds better.

15. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm so sleepy. I need to take a nap. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Why is work so boring!?
    Nothing good or lucky is happening to me today.

16. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    We are getting some new high speed digital copiers/scanners/printers.

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well, Wolfgang Puck was a success today for lunch. I've heard nothing but good things about the quality today.

I had the Chicken Salad Sandwich. Tomorrow who knows. JB had a pizza though she ordered a calzone. She said though it wasn't what she ordered, it was still great. She also loved the soup which was a tomato something or other.

18. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Next Monday I get to sleep in. I just found out that I have to do a job in Burbank late in the day over at our Days of Our Lives office so they asked if I wouldn't mind coming in late so I can work late. So I get to sleep in.

19. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    So, while you're there, would you please tell the DOOL PTB that if they don't kill off Chelsea Brady, my 90-year old mother is going to put the big hurt on somebody. Won't matter who it is, she'll find 'em.

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I was late getting in today and haven't posted much because I had to go to our furniture warehouse to pick up a rug. My boss gave it to me. It needs to be cleaned but I think it will look nice.

I will do my best to help out your grandmother VK. I will also try and steal the hour glass that is used as the prop on the opening credits. The have it displayed in their conference room. Should be easy.

Just Kidding

21. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I found out that the guy who I bought brake pads off ebay from refunded my money because he noted the pads were defective. That's really nice of him.

22. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    That's nice, but why would you buy brake pads off ebay? What am I missing here?

23. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I'd be wary of the brakes if he told you that they were defective. They may be from China and made from cardboard. I don't know man..

I got a free lunch today. Well, I had to sit through a presentation to get it, so it's like working through lunch. It's not really free. It was just a Subway sandwich.

24. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    You bought brake pads off of eBay????
    What's next? Pacemaker off of Half.com?

25. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    The ad said they're 100% from Japan and it showed the insert that what looked to be Japanese writing. I got my cross drilled rotors from ebay also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.