main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Good or lucky things that happened at work today....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    A coworker just sold me Tool's new CD 10,000 days for $10. I'm enjoying it now, even as we speak.

(This is especially nice for me because this co-worker & I did like each other at all when I first started working here.)

2. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    [face_batting] Awwww that's so cute

3. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Oh! My bad! Your post confused me, SJ, so I went back & reread mine.

I meant to say we did NOT get along when I first started working here. Not that we liked each other.

Big oops! But, you can see now why it's especially cool when someone who used to go out of his way to aggravate you goes out of his way to do something nice for you instead.

4. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I got my front brake pads and spark plugs today! I ordered them on friday and got them this morning. Now I'm taking my car in on next monday to have my brakes and rotors put in. Now if I can hurry up and find a gf who's a nerd...

5. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    Good like on the gf, SJ. You know how long I've been looking for the cool, nerdy boyfriend?! Being a SW group, you'd think there'd be more single men my age...

Good things at work: The phone hasn't rung all day so it's quiet and I'm getting work done!

6. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Let's see good things at work.
    I slept late and came in at 12:15. 12:30 I had lunch with JB. It was a tough 15 minutes though really.
    1:30 came back to my desk made a few phone calls to square away tonights move.
    2:00 Printed out the Comic Con schedule
    4:00 Showed JB how to use the golf cart. Funny story that is. I'll let her tell it.
    4:30 Read message boards
    5:00 Leave for Burbank
    7:00 Arrive at Pinnicle Bldg. Meet the movers and watch them as they load a truck.
    8:00 Wave good-bye to movers and go home.

7. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Today's workday:

I entered the building, I worked inside the building, then I left the building.

But no one said," JJ has left the building".
    Of course, I didn't sing "Heartbreak Hotel" even once today....
    Go Figure.

8. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    I clearly need to learn how to read and type. 'Like' in my post above should be 'luck.' Geez,I'm slipping. Found a misspelling in my only other post for the day too!

9. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I just got a new mouse for my work computer. I wore out the old one, it literally began to disintegrate. Nice fresh new mouse.

10. CountDuku3126

CountDuku3126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    I am technically starting like my second day of work at my job today which is good. That means only another six months before I can reapply to Disneyland, and the better take me back this time.

11. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Technically yesterday, but yeah, SR taught me how to drive a golf cart. Something was wrong with it and it kept jerking like I couldn't drive. People pointed and laughed. It was embarrassing!

But the good thing is that we needed the golf cart because we were taking my new life-sized Yoda (which had just been delivered to my office) over to my car in the parking garage. W00t!! I also got to show off my new permanent assigned parking space. Yeah that's a little on the pathetic side, but I'm easily pleased!

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    This is sort of good in a way if it means more money for me. My coworker the one that does the same job as I do quit and her last day is next Friday. That means more work for me, but it also means more money. But since I don't do a lot of work to begin with doubling it doesn't really sound all that bad.

13. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I get to drive a golf cart at work, too (sometimes)! Today I drove for a little while. It's fun to floor those things. They don't really go that fast but who cares-- you still get to say you're flooring it.

14. CountDuku3126

Jun 13, 2005
    I wish I could drive a golf cart at work. All I get to do is go up and down an escalator. Very fun.

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    There are no escalators at Sony.

16. CountDuku3126

Jun 13, 2005
    Yeah. I work at the bookstore at my school and we have 2 floors and have stairs that are outside and an escaltor that last week one side was broken and it was really hard to get upstairs.

17. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    The SONY in Culver City? I live within walking distance.

18. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Yep, that's where I work.

19. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Me too. I live within driving distance. Barely. :_| :p

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Yesterday at lunch JB called me out to the restaurant manager! It was pretty funny. I had brought my lunch but had used the plastic fork and spoon and some napkins from the restaurant. Well, the manager, who I've worked with during all the Wolfgang Puck take over stuff came up to our table to talk and asked what I was having. I told him that I had brought my lunch today but then JB spoke up and brought attention to the fact that I had taken the free fork and spoon. It was funny. The manager then said that if I brought my lunch again there would be a corkage fee for opening my plastic containers.

So I guess I'm buying my lunch today.

21. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Well, maybe you, JB and I could all meet for dinner some time.

22. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    That we could.

23. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    It just hit me earlier today that I'm on vacation next week...

I know it sounds like my reflexes to something like that are slow, but I guess I realize things more as the date draws closer.

24. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    So you are taking Monday and Tuesday off as well? I'm taking the Monday after con off. That day is needed for rest.

25. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Well obviously you can all see by the number of posts --- I have once again been abandoned & have caught up on this week's projects --- oops, the boss is back.
    Bye.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.