main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Good or lucky things that happened at work today....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I might take the monday after off. I'll have to play it by ear.

2. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    I was issued a company credit card today. Yea! Very few people are allowed to have them but I guess I proved myself trustworthy enough. No more expense reports for me! :)

3. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    so, next howl at the moon, you're buying some rounds?

4. JediNoc

Aug 9, 2005
    Was wondering who'd be the first to suggest that...

5. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    LOL< today I get to work at the Orange County Fair (I will be promoting Families and Communities Together for my Community Relations Internship) Our booth is located next to overeaters anonymous.. I can't wait to get something fried and partake next to it.. terrible i know

6. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    They started interviewing for the open postition that shares job responsibilities with me today. I currently have 14 projects. It should be half that if the other person was with me.

7. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Hey, I should go for it. I'd love to commute several hours in LA traffic twice a day. Who cares that I'm not qualified, I'd do it just for the drive!!

8. JediNoc

Aug 9, 2005
    What does this pay, SR? And am I qualified? I'm an operations/logistics director at my current job. I have so many projects going on at work my head is spinning 'round!

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    JN, sorry you are way over qualified for the job and it wouldn't pay as much I bet.

10. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Shaq keeps coming to our office.

11. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    SR, how could I get an interview? Would I qualify?

Also, is this a permanent thing? or just temporary?

12. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    What a treat! When I first moved to L.A. I worked in the Fox Building in Century City (the one they used in the first Die Hard Movie) I used to see celebs all the time (including Wesley Snipes & both Reagans). Now I work for LAUSD and see nobody famous --- ever, even when I drive over to the Commissary at the Studio down the block from Central office to have lunch with friends.

I kind of miss seeing the celebs, but wouldn't go out of my way to do so.

13. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I work in Inglewood, and all I see are tractor trailers and Mexicans of questionable legal immigrant status...but I am only a few minutes from the Howard Hughes center with the cool IMAX screen!

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm wondering where my lunch buddy is? She hasn't been around.

15. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Hey SR, wehn are you and I gonna have lunch? We have been talking about it for years.

16. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I need to find new lunch buddies, or at least a new buddy. All my lunch buddies either bring their lunch or work out during lunch now. Lunch used to be a fun time. Now it's not. Plus there isn't much around my new office to eat anyway.

Again, I have nothing good or lucky to report at work. In an effort to save energy, our thoughful Mayor ordered our lighting to be cut down to 66% of normal, they've closed all the shades, so I can't enjoy my beautiful view, and they've raised the temperature of the AC from 73 to 78 degrees F, so it's a bit on the warm side. I shouldn't complain though. At least I have a job where I haven't had a cost of living increase for 3 years now.

Sorry for sounding so negative and depressed. That belongs in the other thread.

17. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Working for the school district here. I know what you mean.

(On the up side: at least we have AC. At home it got up to 96 degrees in my apartment on Saturday...and I live on the west side of Los Angeles!

18. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Work is the only place I have AC. In my apt, I only have a small fan. I think I need to get a bigger one.

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I feel bad for you JR. I'm also a terrible person for not trying to save power. I have all my lights on and it's freezing here in the office. Though I don't have control over that really. I'm going to turn off my lights right now. Though I am just going home so I would be doing that anyway.

20. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I worked again today. Employed again. woot.

21. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Employment is a wonderful thing...

22. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Month end lunch and payday!!! Whooo Hooo!!! Too bad the rent and the car payment are due.

23. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    You need multiple fans! (I had 3 going during the heat wave & the apartment still got up to 96.)

24. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Today at work has been much better than I thought. I worried all weekend about some issues I thought would blow up on me today and to find out, they weren't bad at all. In fact they were kind of good. I may even work out some freebies for myself if I do a good job.

25. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Wow, I'm sure it was that hot in my apt, but I'm used to the heat and not having a/c. My electric bills have all been under $20. Same for my gas bill. Remember, I only live in a studio. I don't have a house or one bedroom for that matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.