main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Good or lucky things that happened at work today....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    That's ok, SR, we'll help you find them. Ok, lets get out the search dogs....

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Jay, you can find them. I don't want to. [face_pig]

3. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Today I learned that my promotion (which has been a long time coming) will happen. I don't think there will be any increase in pay (if so very little) because I have received two raises this year already. I hope that doesn't sound like bragging. It is, but I don't mean it that way. Anyway work is going pretty good right now.

4. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    YEAH SR! [face_dancing] You definitely deserve this promotion. You've worked very hard for Sony and it's about time you were recognized for your efforts. Drinks on SR later! Does this mean you'll start up the ol' collecting habit again?

5. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
  6. CountDuku3126

CountDuku3126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    The other day I had something the opposite of good happen to me at work. I got fired for having the Autopia's Congratulation drivers licenses on the shuttle that takes us from the parking lot to the park. But they did say that I could rehire in 6 months.

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    OH MY GOSH! Are you serious? That's a major bummer! wow! Sorry to hear that.

8. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    yesterday I worked in my Irvine Office. The manager bought us all sushi, and Sushi Island. It was cool. Free lunch! Hurray!

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    What's Sushi Island?

10. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Your manager bought you a Sushi Island? Can we come over to your Sushi Island and eat some sushi? I'm sure you have some to spare.

Nothing lucky has happened to me at work today yet. I'm still waiting.

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'd like some also, if you can spare a few pieces. ;)

12. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    its a crappy little sushi restaurant in Newport Beach (or Costa Mesa??) - all the same to me, where I had lunch at. They have an "A" atleast.

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Not all free lunches are worth the price of admission. I would rather forego a free lunch that I know will be bad and just pay for something I would like. We often have Price Club pizzas served at our free lunches. It's just not worth it.

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well I know I just complained about my job, but now I have to say something nice. Last night I was invited to a pre screening of Stealth. I'll post about that in the other thread. We were given free food, drinks (Jack was with me all night DB), the movie soundtrack (which is a bunch of Incubus songs), and a movie poster.

So I guess I'll stop my complaining. It still isn't a day at Doger Stadium.

15. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    Yea, My Dodger game last month was a fun way to spend the day. No complaints!

Well, I am at home today, wearing shorts. I guess AT&T's internet connection for high speed is down. So I can not work at the office, only at home. Kind of a pain. I shaved, got dressed up, drove to Glendale..etc. Oh well. WHo needs a commissioned pay check anyway.

:(

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Gee, I would rather work at home any day!

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    We found out that we are going to get full height partitions at our new office which is good. Not that it mattered too much any way because I'm short and most people would not be able to see me while they are sitting and I am sitting. However, anyone standing would be able to see us all. Yeah to full height partitions! [face_dancing] I lead a boring life if I'm happy about partition heights. :_|

18. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    How do you look at plans in a small cubicle plus have your computer and stuff?

You just want high walls so you can be online more and not feel like you are being watched.

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Our desks/tables are deep enough (barely) to hold plans. Unfortunately, if you have a lot of extra stuff on your desk (like a million pictures of your padawan) then the depth is decreased dramatically. Most of our plans are done on the computer using CADD or similar programs. It's only when we print out full-sized plans do we really feel the need for deeper desks. The computer has made drafting tables obsolete which is unfortunate. I would be happy if one of my three table tops was a drafting table.

Yes, the whole reason for full height partitions is so I can talk to all of you guys. Of course now I'm going to have someone opposite me (behind, really) so I'm not sure if I can still get away with stuff.

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I just got free furniture again today. Yesterday, my boss (the nice one, not the mean one) said that I should go to the furniture warehouse and get some things because it is over crowded and filling the isles with crap. That made me excited because I have been needing a bookcase and I have been eyeing this one there at the warehouse for months.

It is in ok condition. I need to restain it probably. Does anyone know much about staining wood furniture? There are also some scratches, but hey it's free.

And on top of that, they will also deliver it for free.

21. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    We need something we can put a LOT of CD's in. The tall shelves we bought at IKEA just aren't working with all the improvements we've made to our townhouse. Is there anything for me? We have a Passat wagon, we can pick up stuff. I don't know much about staining wood, although my Dad knows a lot about woodwork. I think you need to strip the old finish off and sand everything nicely before staining again. Staining is messy, that's all I know.

I was gonna look for this thread because I'm getting a new 20" flat-panel monitor today!! YAY! I have two 19" CRTs now. I don't know if I want to keep one CRT to go along with the flat-panel. It's nice to have 2 monitors.

22. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Something lucky happened at work. Someone dropped their Coffee Bean frequent buyer card with three puncholes in it already, mine has 9 in it which means I get a free coffee/tea!!!!

I know I'm sad, but it's free four dollar tea! And I'm addicted. darn you CSULB!(they have a CBTL on campus)

23. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I got a free pen for helping someone out with her table for the on-campus Involvement Fair today! It's not much but it made me happy.

24. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Free things, especially pens, are always good and lucky.

25. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    Free Tea! Be careful, a girl at my work yesterday went to Starbucks and she is now in the hospital because her tea dropped on her lap and she is in ICU for 3 days with severe burns, had to get the parametics out and everything!
    So A) if you hear something on the news about starbucks getting suid, I know that girl!
    B) order your tea ICed

Oh and congratulations on your Free Tea! Now I don't feel so bad about keeping a watch I found last year and kept (It's DKNY I couldn't resist)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.