main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Good or lucky things that happened at work today....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    By the way, I know all about burns and scars. Not that bad mind you (ill pray she heals) but burns suck. they suck big time. It's probably worse than getting cut coz it keeps hurting constantly. that's why I keep burn cream in my bag. you can ask Nate (hes the new guy here, just recently posted) I use to work in the kitchen and he was a server.

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I didn't mention this yesterday, but I got a promotion. It doesn't kick in for three weeks, they have to find a replacement for me. I think that there is no replacement for me but they think they can find one.

The job will be more out in the field, so I will see how the posting here on the board goes. It is a lot less admin stuff so that will be good. My current job has become heavy with accounting type work and I hate that. No accounting work in the new job. There may be a slight pay increase. They said I already make too much. I beg to differ.

So happy promotion to me.

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Wow, happy promotion to you! Re posting -- tell 'em you really, really need a wireless laptop, because your job will demand that your bosses are able to get their e-mails to you answered right away, so you want to make sure they are always happy and contented. That way you'll be able to find hotspots all over town. I'm not saying, I'm just saying....

Does this mean you don't work directly for the mean boss anymore?

4. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Yeah SR! Congrats to you! Yes, I hope this means no more mean boss. You can take us all out in celebration. :)

5. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Hey SR, can I go to Sony next Friday before the shindig?

Also watch this alternate ending to Episode IV

Other ending

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    VERY FUNNY! [face_laugh]

I went to the Sony place on Media Center Drive to find out what it was (one of my meetings was there) and apparently it is a place for Sony professionals. That was all I got out of an extremely rude receptionist.

7. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I will have a whole new boss. Mean boss has been replaced with dumb boss. I'm not kidding this guy is dumb.

Next friday we go home early so I don't know what time the store will close but if you can make it at 12 I bet it would be ok.

8. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Congratulations on your promotion SR!!!
    Time to celebrate. We'll do that at the end of next week. ok? I'll bring my Skywalker Ranch wine for the occasion.

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm only here half day today! That's a good thing!

10. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Today I get to write down all my current job duties so that they know what I actually do for them. This way they can write up the job description for my replacement.

11. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Are you going to use fancy language?

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I got a fancy chair yesterday. It's used but it's new to me.

13. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I wasn't at work today but I was working somewhere else.. well not really working, but volunteering but anyway..

I MET GOD TODAY!!!!

I feel so lucky!!!

14. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    What? Where were you/what was going on? :) Lucky.......he looks tired.

15. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    :D
    He was tired, after this photo, he got into his limo and took off. I WAS REALLY LUCKY.
    I was picked to attend and "add color" to the FIDM "Dressing A Galaxy" Exhibit opening today. I feel bad that I had to keep it a secret.. I tried to petition for LAFF members to go, but they were really limited to the number of volunteers that could attend. I guess my costume is not that common, so I was picked to go. SORRY GUYS!! DON'T HATE ME! Especially DB.. I'm sorry!! They said they already had 2 Royal Guards!
    Anyway, George was mobbed everywhere he went. There were a lot of people there, I don't know who any of them were except Amy Allen (Aayla Secura).
    The costume exhibit is extraordinary. I was able to take a lot of pictures since we were able to see it after the party was over. I'll post them later, but then again, I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone else.

16. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Wow, that's realy cool! Hey, I'm not mad, I got over my twinge of jealosy back with the AFI thing. I'm just happy you got to go, and definitely want to see the pics. I don't really think it counts as spoilers, and anyway, people don't have to click on whatever link to the gallery you provide. If anything, it'll help me plan picture-taking needs/strategies beforehand.

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Awesome JR! :) I'm not jealous either. That's super cool. And that's a great picture. I'd love to see the rest, but I don't want to be spoiled either.

18. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Congrats JR, that is awesome! Poor GL really does look like he's ready to go home.

19. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Really cool JR!! I'm not jealous either; yours IS a very unique costume! Glad you got a picture, too!

20. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    its all good, you win some, lose some. Congrats buddy!

You look good, and happy!

21. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Yaaaay JR! Too bad we couldn't go, but hey, that's the breaks. poor george does look tired.

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    You guys are too nice. I'm jealous. :(

Still, it's cool. I liked the pictures. I can't wait!

23. Jedi_Devi

Jedi_Devi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    My country club is closing down for renovations starting in March. That means no work for me!!! Hell yes.

Jedi_Devi

24. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    JD, that cracks me up! Unemployment isn't usually something someone celebrates but hey, it's still cool.

25. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    On sunday night i got a Guest Compliment. Some *nice* ;) guests gave me a compliment and said I was nice and smiled and etc... My managers were happy. Which means if they're happy...they are more likely to cross train me to TOURS.

This was the first compliment ive ever gotten. i've never even had a complaint either!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.