main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Good or lucky things that happened at work today....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Congratulations to JB for completing the first day of her new job! =D=

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    JB, you rebel you! Hope your first day was great.

3. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    We got a free pizza lunch today to celebrate a bunch of promotions (one of which was Mr. DH's). I guess since Mr. DH has to help pay, I didn't really get a free lunch. :(

4. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    You get a promotion and you have to pay? That would not happen here. We would go out and expense the company.

5. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I hope I still have a job. I did exactly what my boss told me to do at all times. But it was scary: bring a book. Okay, but I never actually read the book while on the job...

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Yeah, well your company pays for your parking also. It's sort of expected that you bring in treats when you promote. If there are enough of you (in this case six people promoted) then the office expects at least a lunch.

7. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    That just seems wrong DH.

I forgot to mention this yesterday. One of my coworkers gave me a bunch of clothes yesterday. Stuff from the Gap that was never worn and they still have the tags on them. Mostly shorts for next summer and some long sleeved cotton shirts to lay around the house in. I may never have to go shopping for clothes again.

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Can your coworker give me women's clothing? I want new clothes.

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Uh no, DH, sorry.

So I'm going to need everyone's help soon in quizing me for trivia on all sorts of things. All Sony employees were sent an email to sign up for Sony Jeopardy! I signed up for more information like what the prizes are going to be and stuff. I have been thinking that they needed to do this sort of thing for a long time. I think I'm smart, but not Jeopardy smart, but smarter than my co-workers so I don't know how hard the questions are going to be and plus I won't be very fast to the buzzer. I'm slow at everything.

10. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    Are they sony questions only?

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I don't know what kind of questions. I don't know anything other than Alex Trebec was on video on my email asking me to sign up. They said more information would follow.

12. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Just find the rhythm, SR. (sorry it's in pic form, I couldn't find it in text...)
    [image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/Elensara/jeopardy1.jpg] [image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/Elensara/jeopardy2.jpg] [image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/Elensara/jeopardy3.jpg]

13. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm really good at Jeopardy! questions. But I don't think I qualify because I'm not a real Sony employee. And if it was only movie-stuff, I'd surely lose.

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I run a Jeopardy! contest at work (unofficially, of course). I can bring my old calendars (yes, I keep them all, I flip pages, I don't tear them out) and you can review them if you'd like.

15. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    We can have a mock jeopardy contest at the party on sunday to help him prepare.. um can i be host or the letter turner (darn, wrong game) I am TERRIBLE at any trivia

16. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I got a lot of free food today at work. We had a carpet presentation. I learned all about carpet recycling. We also got to spill Kool-Aid on different types of carpet to see which had the best stain protection based only on the shape of the carpet fiber. I thought of ES and her chemistry class when we discussed the molecules that make up nylon.

In other work news I had to kick people having a yoga class in a conference room out because they didn't have permission to use the room for personal use. The person teaching is just a sony employee and has no license to teach yoga. We have a gym on the lot where they should go for that kind of stuff. Silly people.

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Okay, I need to get a job at Sony now.

18. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Today is the last day that most of my department will be gone. Them being gone was the good thing.

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I made it to the second round of Jeopardy. I have to report to the Jeopardy stage on Friday for a mock game. I'm nervous now.

20. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Whoo-hoo! Good job, SR! Hope I can sneak out to cheer you on...

21. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    There's a radio in the bathroom. Now I don't have to my iPod with me.

22. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Thanks for sharing that bit of info CBM. Our restrooms don't have radios. You would think that an electronics company would be more high tech.

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Good luck, SR. Bring a calendar and we'll quiz you.

24. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well my days of Jeopardy are over. I really didn't want to go on camera anyway. But one good thing did happen today. I got a new faster computer and a 20 flat panel monitor! Everyone is jealous here at work. My boss the evil one almost took it for herself then her human side kicked in and she decided I could keep it.

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Sorry about the Jeopardy thing, SR. I'm glad you got the new computer. That's cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.