main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Good or lucky things that happened at work today...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    We got to 500 on that last one, so here's a new one to play in....

2. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Wooo Hoooo!!!! I get to be the first post(after VK's initial message). My boss is in NY so we get to take things "slower" than normal, but we still get our work done. My coworker took like a 2 hour lunch

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I was also on strike, though I did not walk or carry a sign. I brought goodies for my fellow protesters, blueberry lemon cheesecake, flourless chocolate cake, and chocolate chip cookies. It was my way of saying thanks for supporting our cause, though I doubt anything will come of it. I believe I lost two days of pay for nothing. Oh well.

4. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I had lunch with Mr. DH today and JR walked into the same establishment so we all had lunch together. It was nice. Thanks for joining us, JR.

5. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks for letting me join you guys. I was craving a chicken burrito.
    Now I'm sleepy.

6. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Now I'm craving a chicken burrito!

Sorry to the strikers for not getting their demands...and pooh to those line-crossers! *shakes fist*

Today I'm very frustrated as our stupid time-keeping program is giving me a headache: I'm trying to approve someone's OT and it won't let me... GRRR! Don't worry SR -- it's not your OT!

7. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I just got word from my boss, that there might be a chance of someone from my dept going to our Orangeburg, NY office to help restructure the file room. If I'm hearing this correctly, I might have a chance of going out to NY sometime in the near future!!!

8. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Would this be a permanent or temporary thing. Either way, what a great opportunity for you!

9. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    It would only be for like a couple of days or so. I could never leave L.A. Sure I could visit places and take vacations, but L.A. is where I call home. Only God himself could remove me from here.

10. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Going to New York for a few days on company time sounds like a good deal. Good luck, I hope you get to go!

11. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Me too.

12. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    What strike was this?

13. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I will be in Chicago on business througth Friday!

I will be in NYC on business the weekend of 9/22.

14. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Some stupid strike some City of LA employees went on. It was only Tuesday and Wednesday.

15. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I need a job that sends me to places. Have fun JJ.

16. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    This will happen tomorrow not today, but my new coworker begins. That means my work load will be cut in half. I'm so excited. But I bet at first it will actually double as I have to train him. The funny thing is we have the same last name.

17. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Maybe it's your long lost son! :eek:

18. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Ah... so she was part of that thing.... that messed me up by about a week of getting my paperwork taken care of for getting a job.

19. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Forgive me if you already know this, but Orangeburg is not very near New York City. You'll probably be stuck in the boonies. Sorry to rain on your parade. Oh well, at least you can see the leaves turn pretty colors.

20. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I know its out in the boonies. My supervisor had already gone there and told us all about it. Even if I'm not near NYC, I know it's near the NJ/NY border, so maybe I can do a Sopranos tour when I'm there???? Maybe if I'm there on a weekend, I could rent a car, or ask someone if they'd mind driving there, just so I can see what all the fuss is about. It would be fun though. Just to see the contrast of people. Maybe the girls on the east coast are nicer? Even though I might go for work related matters, I like to keep some optimism:D Then again I heard the girls up north are also nice, so that's another road trip for another time...

21. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I WAS JUST ASKED BY MY SUPERVISOR TODAY **** SAID YES, AND WHEN I GOT TO MY CAR AFTER WORK, I WAS LIKE UN-FREAKIN' BELIVABLE!!!!!!!!
    [face_dancing] BREAKDANCING LIKE TURBO FROM BREAKIN'[face_dancing]

This won't be for another month from he said, but as long as I can go, screw it.

I'm so freakin' excited!!!! And he even said they'd work around my school schedule so I could go!!!!!! FAN-FREAKIN'-TASTIC!!!! whoooooo! I'm sorry for all the excitement, but I never thought I'd ever go on a company-paid trip anywhere without being in two tax brackets above where I'm at now. :D

I feel somewhat blessed...now if I can only find my geeky gf...

22. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Congrats on the job trip... good deal

Personally, I follow the "California Girls" logic

23. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Congrats, SJ!=D=

24. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Congrats SJ!!! Take a ton of pix to make us all jealous!! I'm so glad for you! [face_dancing]

25. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Well, I think I need to meet some northern cali girls to complete my "California Girls" logic. I've noticed most girls down here are a little too demanding for my likes. I need a simple girl who knows how to take care of her man.

And thanks JJ and JF. I will take pictures, and I'll try to see if I could make up to NYC, even if for a couple of hours. Just to say I was there. I just hope it's not too cold up there.

I'm looking on Google maps, and it's not too far from Manhattan Island, but it's the road that goes to it is quite a drive. The route is to go through NJ then cross over some bridge. I am fairly excited:D ! And it doesn't look like it's in the boonies from what the map is showing. But then again, I've never been there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.