main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Good or lucky things that happened at work today...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Congrats S_J. That sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you have time to see and do a lot.

In my world, I am pleased to say I like the coworker they hired for me. He seems smart, friendly, and well put together.

We shall see, but so far thumbs up.

2. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I'm glad to see you have a friendly co-worker, SR. Just don't let them get too comfy to make them think they can screw around whenever they feel like it. Hopefully I will find out soon whether or not the NY thing is for sure.[face_praying]

3. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Yeah, screwing around is my job.

4. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Let us know the time frame. You're still going to join us for Yard House dinner on 9/16, aren't you?

5. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Yes I am, I don't think I'll be there on a weekend, although it would be nice so I can do some sightseeing. But I will no doubt let you guys know what's going on. When I know for sure, I'll post on the NY boards to see if anyone would like to meet up and show me around a bit.

6. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    New York is known as "the city that never sleeps." There are some places that close at 5:00 or 6:00 pm, but you can still do a lot of exploring in the evening. Most of Greenwich Village, the Southeast Seaport, Little Italy and Chinatown, for instance will be open. You'll have a great time I'm sure.

7. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I'm gonna see if I can rent a car or something when I'm there. I also heard there's a Nintendo store out there=P~ ! It's still too early to tell, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed

8. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    A Nintendo store? That might be dangerous for you!! [face_money_eyes]

9. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Don't forget that ObiWill and Benae_Quee will be at the Bowl on Saturday. They are from New York.

10. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    The places I mentioned are all within NYC and generally speaking you'd be better off taking mass transit, a taxi, or just walking(tax & walking when you've arrived, not from Orangeburg). New York (State)has a very good comuter train system into the city.

Also, look at some of the places we told Skyryder about. If you're going to rent a car to go outside New York, I'd definitely recommend a trip to Robert Moses State Park &/or Fire Island. Yes, we have awesome beaches here, but theirs are, too, and just so different from ours. Also, sounds like you'll be in the New York area at a good time to pig out on lobster & softshell crab. Yummy! And you've got to try an egg cream (which has neither eggs or cream in it.)

Ooh you WILL have a great time.

11. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I went to a picnic for like, 2 hours.

12. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    If I do, I really can't plan on doing too much. I'd only be able to do certain things I really want to do while there. The Nintendo store is a definite stop, only because that's the only one the country that I know of, so if anyone can PM a bunch of places that I can pick and chose and plan for, I'd very much appreciate it. CBM, I'll introduce myself to NY folks and tell them that I might be out there. I'm gonna post on their boards regardless, but I know it helps to make a good impression. VK2, you seem to know a lot about NY, so could you PM me some locales to see?

Also, I grew up in East L.A., so I'm also not afraid to go into the bad parts of town in NY, so if there's anything like in the Bronx or Brooklyn let me know.

13. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Leaving work at 2:30!!!!!

14. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I had lunch with JR at a very "Metro-ish" place. I thought the waiter was cute but JR may have been more his type. Still the food was fine and the company better.

15. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I don't know why I like to eat at restaurants called "Tiara Cafe" and "Rainbow Diner".
    Anyway...
    I got a new computer today!! Finally, I can replace my 5 year old Dell with a brand new one. I'm still using my old one though because I'm really busy right now and I don't have time to back up all my stuff to transfer over to the new computer. I must say, my old computer has been very reliable, it'll be sad to give it up. I put an Imperial cog sticker on it. I'll keep it on there, so I'll know who inherited my computer.

16. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Today was a great day at work. I spent most of the day at our Westwood office watching the movers pack up this lady's office. Her contract expired and it was time to move her home. She had a lot of cool things and was pretty high up in the Democratic Party from all her pictures with the Clintons, Gore, Jimmy Carter. Though she also had pictures with Arnold and Tom Selleck too. She even had a picture of herself golfing with Bill Clinton.

I was with our new hire too and after the move we went and had lunch in Westwood. All in all a pretty good day.

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    The other day, JR and I were selected to attend Project Management training. It consists of six months of weekly classes, most of which are four hour classes, two are eight hour classes. At the end of the training, we have to pass this test to see if we actually stayed awake and learned something. Any way, it helps our "promotability" though I have no desire to promote right now. I'm not sure it's lucky but it is something that is supposed to help our careers.

18. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    We had 2 fire drills today which killed almost a whole hour out of my work day. On top of that it's payday, and we're all meeting up tomorrow for dinner!!! Now I'm just waiting for my transformer to come and my boss to tell me I'm going to NY.

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I learned where I will be working this coming weekend and the next. So they say, but I've heard this before.

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm working for sure the next three weekends in a row, both Sat and Sun. JB, I may not be able to go to the LUN wedding.

This is for sure. Construction is underway for the projects, so there is no backing out now. HR and I will be working all day together mostly by ourselves. Well, there will be other workers but they don't speak English so it really doesn't matter. (Geez that's rude).

I will be so happy to have this extra money right now before the holidays and our trip to Hawaii, waiting on ES and JL hint hint jab jab.

21. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Hey! If I'm getting the flight, and that cruise thing, don't hint & jab me! :p
    TTYsoonish. :)

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    JR just got a big promotion today! Yeah for JR! [face_dancing]

23. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Congrats to JR!

24. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005