LA, CA Good or lucky things that happened at work today...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Actually, I like my hours.
  2. DarthHaskett Jedi Knight

star 5
    I went out in the field today with my new co-worker and I timed the day perfectly because we were done in time to go eat lunch. I love when a plan comes together so well.
  3. Skyryder Jedi Knight

star 5
    I've been organizing the clean up of a sewage spill. Oh wait that isn't good or lucky. Nevermind.

While doing that I've been trying to help organize a charity event on Sunday at work.

Also, everyone is being laid off at work so I don't even know how much longer I will even have a job. I actually think I'm safe but things aren't happy at work right now for many people. I'm taking it better than most I think because I'm hoping for a happy ending, at least for me anyway.
  4. The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I walked near (in close proximity and in the same direction) Denzel Washington. He talks the same way in real life as in the movies!! I wanted to say something, but thought better of it... I loved Remember the Titans!
  5. TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling

star 2
    [/quote]

Not MickeyDs. But something that pays..has benefits, you know the usual. Something that I can handle. (What do you do with a BA in english?:p )[/quote]

Best musical! I have to get you the soundtrack :) I found my job on craigslist, great way to waste time :) Disney has great health benefits but it's not worth the lack of pay for them :-(
    If you like nonprofits you can make bank being a grant writer :)
  6. DarthHaskett Jedi Knight

star 5
    Poor SR. I hope all is okay with your job security.

Good luck with the job search, APL.

Today is a holiday so no work. That's the best thing to happen at work today!
  7. Varekei Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Wait a second! How come DH gets the day off & I don't??!!
    I better go to the complaints thread, right now!
  8. DarthHaskett Jedi Knight

star 5
    CBM came to visit me at my office this morning.
  9. AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan

star 4
  10. Varekei Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The woman who plays her TV (usually kind of loud)right next to me left early today.
    No Young & the Restless!
    No Judge Judy!
    No General Hospital!
    and... best of all...

NO *&@#!! OPRAH!!!

HUZZAH!
  11. Skyryder Jedi Knight

star 5
    I got a free dinner at my 2nd job today. It was Subway but it was still free. Job #1 is still crazy weird. My boss returns from vacation Monday. We think he will be let go. There has been another guy who our SVP has been showing around. We don't know who he is but his name is Patrick Dempsey. Not the actor though.
  12. Varekei Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I turned on my computer this morning and saw these really cool colors on the LAFF board for the Halloween/Harvest season.

Thanks Miana
    Thanks JB
  13. DarthHaskett Jedi Knight

star 5
    Okay, it's not lucky or nice or even good really but I watched JR drop his pen onto his khaki slacks and then look sadly at the ink stain (I did not see the stain but I saw the sad face). It was funny for me. I'm mean, I know.
  14. Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Tacos and beers for lunch today... that was cool.
  15. Elensara Jedi Master

star 4
    Hahaha, DH. Tell him to use hairspray on it. Did I ever tell you the story of my friend Zak and the jalepeno poppers? Same thing, except immaturely, a LOT funnier. ;D
  16. DarthHaskett Jedi Knight

star 5
    Thanks ES. I'm glad I'm not the only one to enjoy such silliness.

Today was a good day but I'm suffering from writer's block. I need to get this report out soon so I guess tomorrow I really have to move.
  17. JediNoc Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I'm in Austin, TX at a(nother) work conference. It's good, not sure about lucky.
  18. JediBith Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I love Austin! Go see the bats... :D
  19. JediNoc Jedi Youngling

star 3
    OMG, the bats are amazing!!!!! "The largest urban bat population in the US..." Of course, it's Texas, everything's bigger, lol. Such interesting guys and such a great way to kick start Halloween, lol.

20. Lowbacca_1977 Jedi Master

star 6
    Not at work, but on the way to it.... I've discovered a better route for getting to school/work by getting off the 405 at the 118 and coming west on surface streets then south to CSUN rather than staying on the freeway to NOrthridge. I think I cut my drive down by like 15 minutes, possibly a bit more.
  21. DarthHaskett Jedi Knight

star 5
    I left work early. That's always good.
  22. Skyryder Jedi Knight

star 5
    I was at work at 6:17 this morning.

I want to go to Austin! I'll be there in December. The bats will have disappeared by then I think. The best time is during August if I remember correctly. I lived 7 years in Austin and if I didn't live here I would be back there in a heartbeat.

Nothing really good happened in either job today. I finished some projects but had another one handed to me so it was a wash.
  23. JediNoc Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Q Tarantino appears to be stalking me here in Austin, lol. He was on my plane from LAX and hours after we'd landed, showed up at the same restaurant I was at. If he pops up again, I'm going to lock myself in my hotel room as I don't think this is good or lucky!
    (This relates to this Work thread as I'm technically 'at work' while here in Austin.)
  24. JediBith Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I was at a director's dinner party once, and he was supposed to be a guest. He called the host to say (really late BTW) that he couldn't make it so the host passed the phone around so we could all berate him. All I could say was "why are you talking to me" to which he had NO REPLY! Ha! I mean he was seriously non-plussed and had no response. Just gasping, confused mouth-noises. It made me giggle. Awwwwww, famous person can't talk to the normies... *snicker*
  25. DarthHaskett Jedi Knight

star 5
    Today, my Muslim co-workers brought in goodies to celebrate Eid. Someone brought in Samosas! Mmmmm, samosas! =P~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.