Good or lucky things that happened at work today...

Discussion in 'Los Angeles, CA' started by ValedaKor, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I had a nice lunch with Mr. DH and got compliments on JR?s costume. I want to redo the vest and the Comm Pad pocket because they bug me.
  2. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My new boss's son drew me a Star Wars themed picture. He is eight. It's cute. I hope that means they won't fire me now.
  3. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  4. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    But then I lied about it when other people asked who drew it. I didn't want everyone to think I was brown noseing the boss. It isn't my fault I didn't ask for it. The kid just drew it.
  5. Varekeii Jedi Knight

star 2
    My good or lucky thing today is that I took a vacation day to recover from the Halloween holidays and I'm not at work at all today. Yippeee!:D

But, the candy discussion on the other thread has made me hungry, so, I'm going to go to my favorite neighborhood restaurant for lunch now. Yippee!:D
  6. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I thought I was going to have an easy day today but it has turned into something quite different. We are preparing for the strike and I had to prep some off lot properties to become home base for different departments.

I've been pretty good today and have been able to avoid the left over candy.
  7. Elensara Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey SR, so is the strike happening now? I haven't heard anything besides the fact that it'd start today if it were going to happen. I'll be sad if there are no new late shows for a long time.
  8. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Nothing happened today. I hear it could happen anytime. Maybe tomorrow maybe next week maybe never. I'm curious to know which other unions would follow. I know the Teamsters might and that will cause a lot of problems as well.
  9. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I heard it's going to start on Monday.
  10. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I got paid for my Symantec job woo hoo! It wasn't the full amount I'm owed but enough to make this a great weekend.
  11. AniPadmeLurker Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm in Teamsters...can i strike? No? Ok. My good news from work is that they're finally serious about bringing me to Star Tours.
  12. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That's where you should be. I would visit more then while at the park. Better than Buzz Lightyear for me. I'm just not a fan of that attraction. Nemo is fine though when you work that. Autopia another one I can pass on.

This didn't happen today at work but it's a photo taken at work Tuesday night at the ICANN event. I'm the one on the far right. See us walking the red carpet.

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ksr3959/501st/ICANN.jpg]
  13. Jundland_Jay Jedi Master

star 4
    Great photo, SR! Also, glad you got paid on the Symantec job.
  14. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I start my new, permanent, job on Monday! I'll be working for Tokyopop as an accounting clerk!
  15. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well that should be right up your alley then. Where are they located? You can get a life time supply of those oversized bags they give out at ComicCon each year.
  16. Jundland_Jay Jedi Master

star 4
    Congrats, SJ!!! =D=

What is TokyoPop?
  17. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think it has something to do with Anime right?

Here are some more photos from the event I did the other night. We look good!

ICANN Event at Sony Pictures
  18. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Yes, TokyoPop is a company that puts out Anime and Manga (Japanese comics for those who don't know). It's a very casual work environment from what I saw, which is perfect. Thanks guys. Now that I'm not a temp, I don't really have to worry about getting cut so easily. All I have to do is work hard from day 1.
  19. MrZAP Force Ghost

star 5
    Ooooh! TokyoPop is a good publisher! Good job, S_J!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.