main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Good Plot Twists that Should Appear in the Sequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TiniTinyTony , May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    The character played by Max von Sydow is actually deceased for the entire movie, though he does not realize it.

Mark Hamill becomes romantically involved with a woman before discovering that she is a pre-operative transsexual woman.

It is revealed that Harrison Ford, thinking himself on another planet, was actually on Earth the whole time.

Food shortages force most of the Twi'lek population to eat mass-produced rations where Andy Serkis discovers that the rations are made from Twi'lek remains.

Daisy Ridley playing the part of Lieutenant Lois Einhorn turns out to be Ray Finkle.

Death_Jar_Jar likes this.
  2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The villains seem to be Sith, but it turns out that they're not Sith.

3. Darth Swede

Darth Swede Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    Darth Vader wasn't Luke's father. Luke just got punk'd by Ashton Kutcher.

4. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    One of Jabba's cousins opens a pizza restaurant chain.

[​IMG]

5. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I rarely get to say this, but...

In B4 the LOCK. :D

6. Darth Malgus

Darth Malgus Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2014
  7. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Han solo is the original Boba fett.

8. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Well, we could try making this a legitimate thread before a lockdown occurs. How 'bout:

Members of the new Republic turn against the Skywalker family & his Jedi apprentices when an old secret is revealed: the hero of the galaxy is the son of Darth Vader. Anakin wasn't killed in order 66 after all! He [gasp] executed it. Force users are not to be trusted. My afraid my've been banished!

Obi Wan has a niece. Because he had a younger brother who had a daughter. In fact, the Kenobis are a big family. "Is there anything else you haven't told me, Ben??"

Plagueis isn't dead; in fact he's been around longer than Yoda. "Sidious thought he killed me. That's when I knew he was too foolish to be my apprentice."

9. NotSoScruffyLooking

NotSoScruffyLooking Jedi Master star 3

Mar 20, 2009
    One of the "Big Three" has to die, especially since all three survived the original trilogy. Otherwise the emotional stakes for Episode VIII will be pretty low, either that or Luke has to go to the Dark Side.

Darth Malgus likes this.
  10. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    I was just thinking about how maybe Leia doesn't go all out dark side, but she is definitely enraged by the death of Han. Then her kids go about avenging their father in different ways with different outcomes and varying degrees of success.

11. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Darth Plagueis is revealed to be the ultimate villain.

darklordoftech likes this.
  12. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I would not mind Plagueis as the villain. However, I do not expect it. First, it is being too widely predicted and Abrams will avoid the obvious. Second, I think Abrams wants the opportunity to create and shape a new iconic villain for the franchise.

13. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    [​IMG]

To set up the Boba Fett spin-off... ;)

TX-20, El_Machete12, markdeez and 7 others like this.
  14. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

Oh, my- That. Pic. Is. AWESOME! I'm geeking out over it. Wow!

Boba's like the honey badger. He doesn't give a ****.

15. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Lando sells out Han and leia again

16. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    Our main leads are actually on the side of the villains and we the audience don't realize this until they encounter Luke, Leia, and Han near the end of the film.

17. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    The Ewok's never existed - when Leia was asleep in EP6 ( you know before Wicket pushed her with a stick ) well actually form the moment on ( when she was asleep ) the rest of EP6 never happened & EP7 picks up at that point & Wookies fight the Stormtroopers in a massive epic battle & EP7 completes EP6........whether Vader survives will also be a surprise & maybe Lando doesn't blow up the death star after all............

Rickern and darklordoftech like this.
  18. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Han Solo is the new Boba Fett

19. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    Bad guys have most of our heroes captured or facing overwhelming odds. Skywalker Jr. is on a last-hope mission and is about to be killed by a clearly superior foe.

Ghost Ben: "You must run! I cannot intervene. Run--"

(The bad guy does a Force move with his hand that disperses Ben's ghost. Next, he tries it on Anakin, but his blue form only wavers slightly.)

Ghost Anakin: "But I can." *Force choke*

20. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Gleeson was actually Luke's son not Obi-wan's grandkid... and his mother was clearly that red head we saw earlier.

Revanfan1 and Death_Jar_Jar like this.
  21. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    … Nice that we have a thread for the opposite side of this topic.

I would say, a twist I would love to see is something completely new that we learn about an event, a place, or familiar character that changes the entire way we see them, as compared to what we thought about them from the rest of the saga-or possibly completely changes how we look at the saga as a whole-not unlike how the revealing of Bane changed how we see Ra's Al Ghul and the league of shadows in the dark Knight trilogy.

22. Myself656

Myself656 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2008
    One of the things I remember about the lead up to JJ's 'Star Trek: Into Darkness' was all the denials that it was going to be an AU version of 'Wrath of Khan' when it actually WAS an AU Wrath of Khan right down to a mirror of the classic reactor sacrifice scene. With that in mind; here's my twist...

The announcement that pretty much the entire EU was being thrown out as canon was precisely to mislead people about what JJ is doing for the ST and make them think that its an all new story, when really he's intending to pull a bunch of things from the EU that appealed to him, give them his own spin and then weave them into something that might come to strongly resemble one of the bigger EU storylines.

Which things he'd be pulling specifically, I have no idea. But given JJ's past track record I would not put it past him to have Lucasfilm announce 'Yeah, the EU is gone. We're starting clean for the new movies' only to then have tons of familiar but re-imagined EU elements as part of what actually makes it onto the screen.

D'an likes this.
  23. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    While he is writing the screenplay, Lucas wrote the overall story. I can definitely see Lucas making Plagueis the primary villain.

D'an and mes520 like this.
  24. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    Nah, I'm pretty sure that nothing from the EU will be used, though I like some of it. And those "familiar" EU elements are only familiar to the likes of people like us here on JCF. 99% of the audience doesn't know or give a **** about it.

I also don't see Plagueis making an appearance, nor do I expect anyone else to be the ultimate villain to top all of the previous ones.

As for me, I really don't know what a good plot twist could be and I'm not even thinking much about it. Lets see what they do is my stance right now.

25. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013
    He won't

First the EU has been thrown out, so for allw e know Plagues never existed and Palpatine just made the story up for Anakin. If it is true, he might not have been Palpatines master etc...

Second, even if he was Palpatines master - the story as moved on from there. either way Plaguis is dead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.