main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Good Podcasts?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by friedbantha, Feb 3, 2016.

1. friedbantha

friedbantha Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 26, 2015
    I jog or ride the bike every day and I would like to listen to some podcasts about Star Wars, but frankly many I've tried are just not that great.

I really don't care much for 30 minutes of banter and 10 minutes of actually meaningful Star Wars discussion.

Does anyone have an recommendations for podcasts that get into in depth discussion on the story, myth, filming, and imagery? I would like to hear some knowledgable people discuss these things but I am struggling to find much.

I posted here because it's easy to find what I'm looking for about the OT. I want something focused on the whole saga or the PT.

2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Rebel Force Radio is an excellent one that covers and respects all aspects of the saga.

Larsonator, TX-20 and friedbantha like this.
  3. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    CaptainRegor and Darkslayer like this.
  4. Larsonator

Larsonator Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2016
    Star Wars Underworld and Full of Sith get pretty in-depth. Also RFR is a must as everyone has said and will say.

TX-20 likes this.
  5. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    Another vote for RFR. They do a good job of covering all things Star Wars and are positive/respectful towards the PT. One of the hosts also does Star Wars Influences, which is a discussion about things that affected the development of the saga. And also Star Wars Oxygen, discussing the music of the Saga. They also do Clone Wars declassified and Rebels declassified, which discuss episodes of each series. I've come across an episode of Oxygen that's on the shorter side (~30 minutes). Most tend to be 1-2.5 hours.

They tend to be very upbeat and engaging, which is a big reason why I listen to them.

CaptainRegor, Darkslayer and TX-20 like this.
  6. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    SWU and Full Of Sith. I've never listened to RFR but I should give it a try after seeing all these recommendations

7. Colwyn Ren

Colwyn Ren Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2015
    The Star Wars Minute! They are literally going through The Phantom Menace one minute at a time with a new episode every day Mon-Fri with expanded episodes for their Patreon subscribers on the weekends. It's hilarious, intelligent, and is the BEST PT focused podcast ever made.

http://www.starwarsminute.com/

TX-20 likes this.
  8. museinwoodenshoes

museinwoodenshoes Jedi Master star 4

Nov 25, 2015

I second that! I always look forward to this.

Another good one is Coffee with Kenobi.

Colwyn Ren likes this.
  9. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    I vote Rebel Force Radio!

TX-20 likes this.
  10. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Another RFR fan, especially Oxygen. The Force.net casts are getting better though. I'm warming to the new hosts.

TX-20 likes this.
  11. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    Guys, I listen to podcasts every day on my commute to work. I added RFR last week, and I got to be honest, I'm really finding it hard to listen to. Are there any episodes that are particularly good?

Maybe I need a story? I usually listen to NPR (Planet Money, This American Life, Serial, Fresh Air) and Welcome to Nightvale. Can you all please be my podcast matchmaker?

12. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I enjoy a ton of SW podcasts. I like everything from RFR to Full of Sith to Star Wars Report.

If you specify want to listen to a podcast that devotes alot of time getting in depth about the story, characters, mythology, etc. Here are a couple I would recommend:

1. The Wampa's Layer- this is a podcast that is fully devoted to in depth discussion on the movies. Karl and Jason do a very good job and both like the prequels (Jason is a big PT fan, while Karl likes them too although not nearly as much). Each episode is devoted to a different topic of discussion. You can go back through their archives. I know they have some pretty good episodes where they dissect both Luke's and Anakin's journeys.

2. The Cantina Cast- They have many episodes that are like a normal podcast format, where they go over the news and then talk about various current Star Wars topics. But they have also become known for devoting various episodes to specific character dissections. Right now they are doing Han. Before him they did Kylo Ren. I know they have previously done various OT and PT characters. Both hosts are big prequel fans, so no worries about any PT negativity on this show.

3. There is also a lesser known one that I found called Story and Star Wars. It's just one guy going through each movie talking about story and myth. Not as many episodes, as it seems he has only done the needed amount to cover the 7 existing movies, but from what I recall he gets pretty deep.

These are the only ones I think of that are specifically devoted to getting into story, myth, and character dissections. There are still a ton of other good podcasts, most of which tend to be more standard podcasts that go over news, rumours, and spoiler topics and occasionally have a deep discussion, some of which could be deep if it relates to story and other times not so deep.

One under the rader podcast I love is Podcast 66. They discuss a variety of topics and do a really good job. Both guys talk like they actually have some experience in radio or communications rather than sounding like amateurs who have no clue how to speak on air. Also both hosts are MASSIVE prequel lovers and defenders, which is a huge bonus.

One thing I have noticed is that most of the Star Wars podcasts out there seem to be fairly pro-prequels which is a big breath of fresh air.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Sepra and Ezon Pin like this.
  13. Alpha Sloth

Alpha Sloth Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2015
    Rebel Force Radio! (and all the other shows in their podcast network).

Not as good as RFR, but these podcasts are also awesome IMO...
    • Full of Sith
    • Coffee With Kenobi
    • Podcast 66
    • CantinaCast
    • Now This Is Podcasting
    • Star Wars Underworld

TX-20 and Luukeskywalker like this.
  14. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    Thanks for this! Yes, I like the discussion and pro-PT stuff.

Luukeskywalker likes this.